U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:33 PM

223 posts, read 248,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You are the one saying NO. I say Yes because that is what I believe.
Can you tell us why you believe that?

Which part of scripture are you basing your belief on?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,698,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Can you tell us why you believe that?

Which part of scripture are you basing your belief on?

The WHOLE Bible.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:55 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,063,669 times
Quote:
The WHOLE Bible.
Which translation....?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Which translation....?
Any of them.

Pick one.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
The WHOLE Bible.
TWO questions on what Jesus said in text below:

1. Do you believe Jesus took them to paradise and into the kingdom of heaven?

2. Do you think Jesus did NOT mean what he said?

Jesus said the following:
Matthew 7:21-23 (King James Version)

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Last edited by JOHNC10; 06-11-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
TWO questions on what Jesus said in text below:

1. Do you believe Jesus took them to paradise?

2. Do you think Jesus did NOT mean what he said?

Jesus said the following:
Matthew 7:21-23 (King James Version)

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

That is part of the bible that is used to build a case around a belief. The whole bible is a story line of reconciliation, from God destroying kingdoms of evil with in us to conversion and preparation for the kingdom.

We are born, we choose, we suffer loss , we grow and learn righteousness.

You can believe what you like.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:03 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,128,414 times
A more fruitful point to this discussion might be, CAN Jesus save?
What if someone in hell asks Jesus to save them? Would Jesus do it? Is Jesus forgiving, or condemning and resentful? Will He yell and gnash his teeth and curse?

I can say today that it was Jesus who chose me, Jesus who set me free, Jesus who loved me first, Jesus who drew me to himself.
And I am confident today, that what He did for me, He will do for all.

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,695,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
A more fruitful point to this discussion might be, CAN Jesus save?
What if someone in hell asks Jesus to save them? Would Jesus do it? Is Jesus forgiving, or condemning and resentful? Will He yell and gnash his teeth and curse?

I can say today that it was Jesus who chose me, Jesus who set me free, Jesus who loved me first, Jesus who drew me to himself.
And I am confident today, that what He did for me, He will do for all.

Blessings to all,
brian
You can be confident all you want, but the Bible says otherwise. Yes, Jesus can save anyone he wants, but the Word of God says:

“He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be PUNISHED WITH EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power.” 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

Jesus does not contradict His Holy Word.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
That is part of the bible that is used to build a case around a belief. The whole bible is a story line of reconciliation, from God destroying kingdoms of evil with in us to conversion and preparation for the kingdom.

We are born, we choose, we suffer loss , we grow and learn righteousness.

You can believe what you like.
Those that reject the PROMISE of John 3: 16-18 will STILL be saved, is that what you are suggesting/IMPLYING??? If so , then why did the HOLY SPIRIT INSTRUCT JOHN TO WRITE THAT PROMISE ??

My next door neighbour has rejected GOD and the Bible and the Atonement of Jesus. Are you suggesting he will be saved? and his name is in the book of life? Please read john 3: 16-18 before you answer.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Those that reject the PROMISE of John 3: 16-18 will STILL be saved, is that what you are suggesting/IMPLYING??? If so , then why did the HOLY SPIRIT INSTRUCT JOHN TO WRITE THAT PROMISE ??

My next door neighbour has rejected GOD and the Bible and the Atonement of Jesus. Are you suggesting he will be saved? and his name is in the book of life? Please read john 3: 16-18 before you answer.

No, your making assumptions and asking questions that imply that only your perspective and doctrinal beliefs are correct.

All will believe in due time, just because your neighbor doesn't believe now, doesn't mean it's over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or