Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:35 PM

794 posts, read 846,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Pretty much any preacher on TBN is suspect.
That's not true. Networks invite people all the time from many different denominations and faiths to preach on their shows but does that mean we are to suspect something negative about the preacher just because they want to preach the gospel to more ears?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 07:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
"The Secret to Effortless Success,..."

Apparently, he practices, what he preaches?
But it comes at the expense of the gullible.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
I'm leery of anyone not called by God personally. Anyone who can not "hear" the voice of Christ doesn't have their "calling sure". It is written, JN 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

Old 09-06-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm a bit leery of someone that claims to have conversations with God. He also tends to lean toward the Word of Faith heresy.

“It all began in1997, when I was on vacation with my wife, Wendy… I distinctly heard the voice of the Lord on the inside. It wasn’t a witness of the Spirit. It was a voice, and I heard God say clearly to me: “Son, you are not preaching grace.”

I said, “What do You mean, Lord? That’s a low blow. That’s a real low blow!” I added, “I’m a preacher of grace. I have been a grace preacher for years, and like most preachers, I preach that we are saved by grace!”

He said, “No. Everytime you preach grace, you preach it with a mixture of law. You attempt to balance grace with the law, like many other preachers, and the moment you balance grace, you neutralize it. You cannot put new wine into old wineskins. You cannot put grace and law together.” He went on to say, “Son, a lot of preachers are not preaching grace the way Apostle Paul preached grace.” He then ended emphatically with this statement that revolutionized my ministry: “If you don’t preach grace radically, people’s lives will never be radically blessed and radically transformed.”

That powerful word from the Lord jolted me, and I realized for the first time that I had indeed been preaching a grace message that was tempered with the law. I returned to my church with a strong mandate from the Lord and I began to preach grace radically.” - Joseph Prince, Destined To Reign, 2007, pg. vii-viii.

JN 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me:" There are far too many who are appointed by man or they appoint themselves. A very few do hear the voice of the Shepherd and they have power to rule in the earth with a rod of Iron/Truth and their fruit remains. I do not speak of you personally because I do not know you or how you where called but I do say to all, "Make your election and calling sure." as the Lord says.

Last edited by garya123; 09-06-2013 at 09:30 PM..

Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Pretty much any preacher on TBN is suspect.
Total
Blasphemy
Network

It will be nice to see if he speaks against some of the heretical teachings on TBN. I doubt it.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I have a general rule. If they claim that they had a personal conversation with God or Jesus, change the channel.

I went to his web site. Clearly a healing and prosperity speaker.

Last edited by augiedogie; 09-06-2013 at 08:57 PM..

Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 PM

3JN 1:2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers." A millionaire no, prosperity yes though it often takes time for that. Jesus healed everyone who came to Him. If you don't preach the God who heals and desires for us to prosper rather than to be beggars than you are not preaching Good News. As your soul prospers so will you as you apply God given wisdom.

If you follow the Christ who saves then as it is written, "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory."

Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Just another millionaire preacher.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Just because he received a revelation or vision from the Lord doesn't mean it happened in an actual conversation. Don't you believe that God can give you a revelation that can speak many words to you in a moment? Of course this will happen to believers and especially for those who are in a position to preach the gospel to hundreds of millions of people. God wants the true gospel preached.
God does speak volumes without word and in fact He rarely uses words as is seen in the fact that so little is written of His Word comparatively speaking since the foundation of the world. God speaks in silences and we are anointed to perceive as Christ was. It is written, "Be still and know that I am God." In that link up with God comes Wisdom that no amount of reading can obtain to!

Old 09-06-2013, 10:09 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Excellent teacher. We've been listening to him since 2002 and the grace message has changed everything in our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity