Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 10:15 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
In what ways was Paul a false prophet?

If the men of Mt 7:15 did perform miracles, remember that Satan has he ability to allow false prophets to perform miracles.
That is surprisingly something many christians are not aware of, or something they choose not to believe.

Personally I think this explains many of the tv evangelists and 'miracle healers' in flashy suits...YES, they are technically healing people of their physical ailments, but its the source of that power, where the deception comes into play.

Although I never seen any one 'healer' that stands out above the rest, like one bringing someone back from death on live tv or in front of a huge crowd, or instantly growing an amputated arm or leg back...those kinds of false prophets have not been seen since the days Jesus walked the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 11:41 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is surprisingly something many christians are not aware of, or something they choose not to believe.

Personally I think this explains many of the tv evangelists and 'miracle healers' in flashy suits...YES, they are technically healing people of their physical ailments, but its the source of that power, where the deception comes into play.

Although I never seen any one 'healer' that stands out above the rest, like one bringing someone back from death on live tv or in front of a huge crowd, or instantly growing an amputated arm or leg back...those kinds of false prophets have not been seen since the days Jesus walked the earth.

IMO, most of the TV healing are questionable. We can't discount the spiritual give of healing God gives some(I Cor 12:9, 12:28). Those God gives the gift of healing so not try to benefit financially from their gift and they use it to Glorify God.

The TV healers always want money and try to glorify themselves.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:21 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,960,550 times
Quote:
IMO, most of the TV healing are questionable. We can't discount the spiritual give of healing God gives some(I Cor 12:9, 12:28). Those God gives the gift of healing so not try to benefit financially from their gift and they use it to Glorify God. The TV healers always want money and try to glorify themselves.
Good point ^ above ^ because Jesus never collected money for teaching, but taught to teach for free at Matthew 10:8 B.
The only time Jesus ' passed the plate ', so to speak, is when Jesus fed the crowds bread and fish.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
IMO, most of the TV healing are questionable. We can't discount the spiritual give of healing God gives some(I Cor 12:9, 12:28). Those God gives the gift of healing so not try to benefit financially from their gift and they use it to Glorify God.

The TV healers always want money and try to glorify themselves.
Right, I never said their healing powers came from God, in fact, I dont believe they are from God at all.

Think about it though...in order to be an 'effective' false prophet...they would have to be doing things that are extremely convincing and look like the real deal...if they were just fakers trying to get money out of people, they would not be effective/successful false prophets.( in that, many people would RECOGNIZE them as fakes).

I guess they would called 'fake-false prophets', but that seems counterproductive and unlikely. Have to remember Satan is MUCH more intelligent than humans, any deception coming from him...is going to be pretty darn good/effective!

Old 02-26-2019, 12:27 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,960,550 times
Quote:
I have yet to see any of those TV ' healers' even cure baldness.
Satan challenges all of us at Job 2:4-5 ' touch our flesh ...' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God.
So, Now is Not the time for such removing of physical ailments, but time for 'spiritual healing' til Jesus comes !
Both Job and Jesus proved faithful to God under adverse conditions showing that we can also prove faithful.
God does Not let us be tested beyond what we can bear.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Satan challenges all of us at Job 2:4-5 ' touch our flesh ...' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God.
So, Now is Not the time for such removing of physical ailments, but time for 'spiritual healing' til Jesus comes !
Both Job and Jesus proved faithful to God under adverse conditions showing that we can also prove faithful.
Who does this testing?...

Old 02-27-2019, 05:21 PM

1,382 posts, read 767,939 times
Quote:
Good point ^ above ^ because Jesus never collected money for teaching, but taught to teach for free at Matthew 10:8 B.
The only time Jesus ' passed the plate ', so to speak, is when Jesus fed the crowds bread and fish.

Apparently the shepherds who eat the fat of the sheep (Ezekiel 34:3-4), and do not feed the sheep, or "heal the sheep", will not fare too well. "I am against the shepherds" (Ezekiel 34:10), and "The fat and strong, I will destroy". (Ezekiel 34:17)

Old 02-28-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
God does indeed allow some to be tested with more than they can bare...people commit suicide all the time, this is proof they were given too much for them to bare, they literally took their own lives!

Regarding the tv healers...think about it...how 'effective' of a false prophet would they be, if they were so easily spotted as fakes (by so many people)?.... A 'false prophet' is someone who SUCCESSFULLY convinces other people THEY ARE indeed the real deal.

A false prophet that is widely recognized as a false prophet...is not one to begin with.

With the advent of the internet, video sharing, Youtube, etc, the first false prophet that shows up, will be known about within the first day, to all the world!

Old 02-28-2019, 01:00 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:
God does indeed allow some to be tested with more than they can bare...people commit suicide all the time, this is proof they were given too much for them to bare, they literally took their own lives!

Regarding the tv healers...think about it...how 'effective' of a false prophet would they be, if they were so easily spotted as fakes (by so many people)?.... A 'false prophet' is someone who SUCCESSFULLY convinces other people THEY ARE indeed the real deal.

A false prophet that is widely recognized as a false prophet...is not one to begin with.

With the advent of the internet, video sharing, Youtube, etc, the first false prophet that shows up, will be known about within the first day, to all the world!

Reality--99% of all religion claiming to be Christian---ARENT.-2Corinthians 11:12-15) 99% on earth listen to that.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Reality--99% of all religion claiming to be Christian---ARENT.-2Corinthians 11:12-15) 99% on earth listen to that.
Who are you to decide who aren't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity