U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 PM

139 posts, read 165,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
That is a lie because you never answered my question. And now you run and hide and use then old trick of saying "but I answered you already", when in fact you never did.

Jesus taught to be honest... so why the deceit? Why not just answer my question? Why are you afraid?

blessed night purpleheart,
i hope you are well

i fear god and his judgements.. not yours or any others
i dont aim to please you, i aim to please HIM.

you seemed to have deleted a post with four questions that u asked me earlier in the thread.. which i answered with honesty. If you didnt understand what i wrote then i cannot explain it. only god can show you the truth.. and perhaps then will you fiind peaace .

with Jesus my saviour i will BECOME free from sin as i work out my salvation daily with him.
only a clean heart can enter into the kingdom of heaven.

GOD BLESS YOU
Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
PERHAPS THEY ARE CONFUSED? PERHAPS THEY DONT KNOW THE ANSWER? PERHAPS THEY ARE NOT TOTALY CONFIDENT ON THEIR BELIEFS? PERHAPS THEY NEED MORE TIME TO SEARCH THE TRUTH?

Perhaps they don't like their foundations shaken?

I think the TRUE answer is they are afraid of TRUTH?!

Mat 15: 8-9 comes to mind.
hey john,

Jesus is my rock, my foundation.. in him i put my trust,, no one, no how can shake him..
i dont claim to know everything , i wait upon the lord to show me what he needs me to see and know.. i give thanks for all things even the people as yourself who show so much negativity toward love and peace.
Blessing to u.

Peace.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:25 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,200,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
My apologies again purpleheart.
I answered what was in my heart. it took a little more than a Yes or no for me to share my understanding. please forgive me.. i do not wish to battle i am only here to share what has been shown to me.
Question 1. NO i work out my salvation daily/ god must show me what is in the depths of my heart so that i can repent and become free from sin.. i hope and pray that i may become free. as may all of us...
Question 2. NO As above god has yet to show me all of my sin therefore i must wait on him daily so that he can show me and i cant become free of sin.
Question 3. No sin can enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Question 4.You must be sinless to enter the kingdom of heaven

To be saved is to be become free from sin. This is what jesus came to save us from once we pick up our cross daily and follow him.
Many blessing to u
Then in so many words, no one who has ever lived beside Christ himself has ever entered into the kingdom of heaven while yet living as no one is ever without sin while they are alive in the sinful(corruptible) flesh. So even you have not yet entered into the kingdom of heaven, and will not until you die and no longer sin.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Then in so many words, no one who has ever lived beside Christ himself has ever entered into the kingdom of heaven while yet living as no one is ever without sin while they are alive in the sinful(corruptible) flesh. So even you have not yet entered into the kingdom of heaven, and will not until you die and no longer sin.
Luke 17:20-21

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:32 PM

223 posts, read 247,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
hey john,

Jesus is my rock, my foundation.. in him i put my trust,, no one, no how can shake him..
i dont claim to know everything , i wait upon the lord to show me what he needs me to see and know.. i give thanks for all things even the people as yourself who show so much negativity toward love and peace.
Blessing to u.

Peace.
I show you the TRUTH about the POWER of DECEPTION!! I gave quotes from books and pages too!!

Many who claim are CHRISTIANS will be rejected because of SATAN power to decieve!! Many think they are smater than the DEVIL!! THE DEVIL is smarter than 100 men put together!!

Jesus will say to MANY humans/Christians > Get away from me!! Mat 7: 21-24

NOT to a FEW!! Satan makes people think JESUS will reject a few!!

Old 06-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I show you the TRUTH about the POWER of DECEPTION!! I gave quotes from books and pages too!!

Many who claim are CHRISTIANS will be rejected because of SATAN power to decieve!! Many think they are smater than the DEVIL!! THE DEVIL is smarter than 100 men put together!!

Jesus will say to MANY humans/Christians > Get away from me!! Mat 7: 21-24

NOT to a FEW!! Satan makes people think JESUS will reject a few!!

Then Let us pray for each other not to be deceived and to be led into all truths by the spirit.

Bless

Old 06-14-2010, 05:49 PM

223 posts, read 247,862 times
Were Our Sins Placed On Jesus Or Satan?
The answer to that question depends on if you believe the revelations of Ellen G. White or the Bible.
EGW says:
"It was seen, also, that while the sin offering pointed to Christ as a sacrifice, and the high priest represented Christ as a mediator, the scapegoat typified Satan, the author of sin, upon whom the sins of the truly penitent will finally be placed. When the high priest, by virtue of the blood of the sin offering, removed the sins from the sanctuary, he placed them upon the scapegoat. When Christ, by virtue of His own blood, removes the sins of His people from the heavenly sanctuary at the close of his ministration, he will place them upon Satan, who, in the execution of the judgment, must bear the final penalty. The scapegoat was sent away into a land not inhabited, never to come again into the congregation of Israel. So will Satan be forever banished from the presence of God and His people, and he will be blotted from existence in the final destruction of sin and sinners" (The Great Controversy, p. 422).

Old 06-14-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Good idea!!

Can you spot any error with this message [below] from the SDA prophet?
"The Sabbath will be the great test of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. When the final test shall be brought to bear upon men, then the line of distinction will be drawn between those who serve God and those who serve Him not. While the observance of the false Sabbath in compliance with the law of the state, contrary to the fourth commandment, will be an avowal of allegiance to a power that is in opposition to God, the keeping of the true Sabbath, in obedience to God's law, is an evidence of loyalty to the Creator. While one class, by accepting the sign of submission to earthly powers, receive the mark of the beast, the other choosing the token of allegiance to divine authority, receive the seal of God" (The Great Controversy, 1950, p. 605).
forgive me but i cannot criticize/ comment on what i do not know anything about.. i have not been shown anything about any special day to keep, i don't not practice keeping the sabbath day but i don't judge anyone who chooses to keep it either.
i follow no man made religion/sect/etc.. i put my trust in god who is alive within me to show me all truths. and so far he has brought much light and peace into my heart and continues to bless me.

bless.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM

115 posts, read 110,495 times
Quote:
Can you spot any error with this message [below] from the SDA prophet?
You can accurately predict the future and what it will bring?

BTW, there's no such thing as an "SDA prophet."

Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM

115 posts, read 110,495 times
Quote:
Were Our Sins Placed On Jesus Or Satan?
Whenever one is presented with a simplistic either/or choice, most likely the correct answer is Both/And; for more detail see Balanced Apologetics: Using ... - Google Books
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity