U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2010, 11:13 PM
 
365 posts, read 424,363 times
Reputation: 86

Advertisements

Wow, so many legalistic Christians on this forum.

They follow the exact same bewitching gospel that Galatians did!

That is the exact same gospel of works that Paul rebuked at Galatia when he said, "You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?"

Notice carefully the similarities between them and most of the people on this forum. Both camps start with Jesus but then ADDS HUMAN WORKS!!!

Paul says that the false gospel teaches that we start our Christian walk by having faith in Jesus and after this we must add human effort to remain saved!

So the false gospel they believed in then and that the people here believe today is we get saved initially by faith in Jesus but we then must add our human works to stay saved.

“After beginning with the Spirit you are now trying to attain your goal by human effort.” - Galatians 3:3

The New Century Version puts it like this: “You began your life in Christ by the Spirit. Now are you trying to make it complete by your own power?”

So the false gospel doesn’t try to tell you that faith in Jesus is not necessary. It is saying that faith in Jesus is not enough!!! And that is what many people here teach!

The false gospel of Christ, the false message of salvation is faith in Jesus PLUS human effort!

So this dangerous and false gospel that still exists today and which exists in the mind of many today, is not salvation by works per se, but salvation by faith PLUS works.

This means that the TRUE and only gospel of Christ is faith alone in the works of Jesus and the dying of Jesus. Having Jesus as your 100% Saviour.

And the SDA FALSE gospel is having faith in Jesus PLUS personal human Sabbath keeping and human effort! This in reality means Christians here have 2 Saviours... Part Jesus, and part themselves!

Any message about faith in Jesus’ death for salvation, that adds human efforts into the equation, according to Paul “is really no gospel at all” Gal 1:7.

Come out of Babylon and into the complete salvation of the Lord Jesus. You are all following a false gospel of faith in Jesus PLUS human effort, the same bewitching gospel Paul rebuked.

Jesus must become your complete, total 100% Saviour.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-15-2010, 04:02 AM
 
139 posts, read 165,589 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I didnt delete anything. Maybe an admin deleted my post?

Secondly,do you really fear God? I myself cannot fear God because He is beautiful, loving and gracious. How would you feel if your own children told their friends that they feared you?
I do fear god and i teach my children (well.. my 1 so far to fear god as well.

proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.


Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM
 
139 posts, read 165,589 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Wow, so many legalistic Christians on this forum.

They follow the exact same bewitching gospel that Galatians did!

That is the exact same gospel of works that Paul rebuked at Galatia when he said, "You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?"

Notice carefully the similarities between them and most of the people on this forum. Both camps start with Jesus but then ADDS HUMAN WORKS!!!

Paul says that the false gospel teaches that we start our Christian walk by having faith in Jesus and after this we must add human effort to remain saved!

So the false gospel they believed in then and that the people here believe today is we get saved initially by faith in Jesus but we then must add our human works to stay saved.

“After beginning with the Spirit you are now trying to attain your goal by human effort.” - Galatians 3:3

The New Century Version puts it like this: “You began your life in Christ by the Spirit. Now are you trying to make it complete by your own power?”

So the false gospel doesn’t try to tell you that faith in Jesus is not necessary. It is saying that faith in Jesus is not enough!!! And that is what many people here teach!

The false gospel of Christ, the false message of salvation is faith in Jesus PLUS human effort!

So this dangerous and false gospel that still exists today and which exists in the mind of many today, is not salvation by works per se, but salvation by faith PLUS works.

This means that the TRUE and only gospel of Christ is faith alone in the works of Jesus and the dying of Jesus. Having Jesus as your 100% Saviour.

And the SDA FALSE gospel is having faith in Jesus PLUS personal human Sabbath keeping and human effort! This in reality means Christians here have 2 Saviours... Part Jesus, and part themselves!

Any message about faith in Jesus’ death for salvation, that adds human efforts into the equation, according to Paul “is really no gospel at all” Gal 1:7.

Come out of Babylon and into the complete salvation of the Lord Jesus. You are all following a false gospel of faith in Jesus PLUS human effort, the same bewitching gospel Paul rebuked.

Jesus must become your complete, total 100% Saviour.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
i am not sure what are legalistic Christians i am not wise to these things.
But i think it is a human effort to turn away from sin.. i know it takes effort on my part when i am faced with choosing God's way or choosing to give into sin( flesh desires) and then as a result if i choose to disobey god i feel tremendous guilt leading me to repent. however only with the Grace of GOd am i able to be changed after i Choose to repent. only he can forgive my sin and free me from them by a cleaning my heart from sinful desires , but if i sin and dont choose to go to him and repent .. how can he forgive my sins? my faith is that jesus has the power to remove my sin and make me free from sinning again by removing the desire to sin( cleaning my heart and renewing my spirit as i choose to continue going to him and turn from the world)


But thats just me perhaps i may have completey missed your point.. if i did . forgive me.

bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 04:37 PM
 
365 posts, read 424,363 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
I do fear god and i teach my children (well.. my 1 so far to fear god as well.

proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.


Bless.
I feel sorry for you. You sound like Adam and Eve did when they first realised they sinned, they began to try to hide from God because they trembled in fear of God.

How would you feel if everytime you went into your backyard garden and your own children ran and tried to hide from you because they were trembling out of pure fear for you. How would that make you feel knowing your own children feared you so much that they ran and hid whenever you walked into a room or into the backyard?

This is how the lost will behave when Jesus returns.. they will try to hide under the rocks from Jesus.

Realise one thing, the fear that Adam and Eve experienced was quickly replaced when God showed the two of them how the relationship could be restored.

God always needs to be respected, but we only need to be terror striken feared when we willfully reject Jesus and His guidance and willfully harm the relationship.

But we need to remember that God is always looking to restore that relationship. That is why He sacrificed His Son to die in our place to restore that relationship.

Just as you would cry and weep if your own children told people they feared you, so it is with God, he weeps and cries.

Remember, you only need to fear God if you have rejected Jesus and willfully do not care about God and His will. Those people will be so fearful when Jesus returns that they will try to hide from Him.

If you teach your children to fear God and that God will hurt them and torture them if they misbehave, your children will grow up resenting God and viewing God as an evil tyrant to be feared and not loved. Satan has done a good job deceiving people about God's true nature and character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
 
365 posts, read 424,363 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
i am not sure what are legalistic Christians i am not wise to these things.
But i think it is a human effort to turn away from sin.. i know it takes effort on my part when i am faced with choosing God's way or choosing to give into sin( flesh desires) and then as a result if i choose to disobey god i feel tremendous guilt leading me to repent. however only with the Grace of GOd am i able to be changed after i Choose to repent. only he can forgive my sin and free me from them by a cleaning my heart from sinful desires , but if i sin and dont choose to go to him and repent .. how can he forgive my sins? my faith is that jesus has the power to remove my sin and make me free from sinning again by removing the desire to sin( cleaning my heart and renewing my spirit as i choose to continue going to him and turn from the world)


But thats just me perhaps i may have completey missed your point.. if i did . forgive me.

bless.
Please listen to what I am about to say, it's important we fully understood what happened at Calvary!

You still are focused on SELF and legalism and self duty to clean yourself up. But the truth is.... I am already CLEAN and white as snow because I am already covered by Jesus' blood and His robe of righteousness. I cannot add to what Jesus did to make myself clean.

Hebrews 9:22 says that "without the shedding of Blood, there is no forgiveness."

So understand it once for all, you cannot make yourself clean, no matter what you do.. you can only trust in Jesus' blood to make you clean. Jesus shed his blood at Calvary and has not bled since, and only Jesus' blood can forgive you your sins. So that proves your daily asking to be forgiven works CANNOT contribute to your salvation or forgiveness of sin.

The only thing that can contribute to your salvation and forgiveness is if you TRUST IN JESUS' BLOOD TO FORGIVE YOU!!! Nothing else you do can save you or forgive you!

Hebrews 9:26 – He did away with sin on the Cross
Hebrews 9:28 - He took away the sin of the world at the Cross
Colossians 2:13 - He forgave all sins on the Cross – past present and future
Hebrews 1:3 – God cleansed all sins on the Cross
2 Cor 5:19 - God no longer counts the world’s sins against them
Hebrews 10:17-18 – God has forgiven all sins and forgotten them.

NOW ACCEPT THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST.. ACCEPT THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION THROUGH JESUS. YOU ARE FREE. AND NOW YOU CAN LIVE FOR JESUS WITH PURE MOTIVES KNOWING YOU CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF, BUT JESUS HAS ALREADY SAVED YOU IF YOU TRUST IN HIM! Go and praise Jesus, sing, dance and celebrate. Jesus said it is finished!(John 19:30). The Good News is available right now... Accept the free gift and you will fall so deeply in love with Jesus you want to live for Him every day out of joy, and walk in obedience because you are already free and because you are so grateful.

It's impossible for a sinful person with a sinful nature to turn away from sin completely. Because if that was possible, then you and I would be perfectly sinless today.

Also, the good works that flow through us is NOT US, it's Jesus in us.

John 15:1-5


John 15

The Vine and the Branches

1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.



Notice that? Without Jesus we can DO NOTHING!

Remember, your sins were already forgiven 2000 years ago at Calvary. You need to stop viewing your own works, asking for forgiveness dailty etc as a contribution to your salvation. Be careful, you are fallen victim to legalism and salvation by your own works! And if you are daily trying to clean yourself up and daily trying to be forgiven, then you fall from grace and rely on your own righteousness to be saved, and that is a very dangerous path to take!

Last edited by PurpleHeart; 06-15-2010 at 04:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 PM
 
139 posts, read 165,589 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Please listen to what I am about to say, it's important we fully understood what happened at Calvary!

You still are focused on SELF and legalism and self duty to clean yourself up. But the truth is.... I am already CLEAN and white as snow because I am already covered by Jesus' blood and His robe of righteousness. I cannot add to what Jesus did to make myself clean.

Hebrews 9:22 says that "without the shedding of Blood, there is no forgiveness."

So understand it once for all, you cannot make yourself clean, no matter what you do.. you can only trust in Jesus' blood to make you clean. Jesus shed his blood at Calvary and has not bled since, and only Jesus' blood can forgive you your sins. So that proves your daily asking to be forgiven works CANNOT contribute to your salvation or forgiveness of sin.

The only thing that can contribute to your salvation and forgiveness is if you TRUST IN JESUS' BLOOD TO FORGIVE YOU!!! Nothing else you do can save you or forgive you!

Hebrews 9:26 – He did away with sin on the Cross
Hebrews 9:28 - He took away the sin of the world at the Cross
Colossians 2:13 - He forgave all sins on the Cross – past present and future
Hebrews 1:3 – God cleansed all sins on the Cross
2 Cor 5:19 - God no longer counts the world’s sins against them
Hebrews 10:17-18 – God has forgiven all sins and forgotten them.

NOW ACCEPT THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST.. ACCEPT THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION THROUGH JESUS. YOU ARE FREE. AND NOW YOU CAN LIVE FOR JESUS WITH PURE MOTIVES KNOWING YOU CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF, BUT JESUS HAS ALREADY SAVED YOU IF YOU TRUST IN HIM! Go and praise Jesus, sing, dance and celebrate. Jesus said it is finished!(John 19:30). The Good News is available right now... Accept the free gift and you will fall so deeply in love with Jesus you want to live for Him every day out of joy, and walk in obedience because you are already free and because you are so grateful.

It's impossible for a sinful person with a sinful nature to turn away from sin completely. Because if that was possible, then you and I would be perfectly sinless today.

Also, the good works that flow through us is NOT US, it's Jesus in us.

John 15:1-5


John 15

The Vine and the Branches

1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.



Notice that? Without Jesus we can DO NOTHING!

Remember, your sins were already forgiven 2000 years ago at Calvary. You need to stop viewing your own works, asking for forgiveness dailty etc as a contribution to your salvation. Be careful, you are fallen victim to legalism and salvation by your own works! And if you are daily trying to clean yourself up and daily trying to be forgiven, then you fall from grace and rely on your own righteousness to be saved, and that is a very dangerous path to take!
i guess we wont see eye to eye,, and thats ok.. i will continue to build my relationship with god and continue to work out my salvation.. it brings joy to my heart to listen and obey gods commands to me, as i become free from my sin. you can continue to do whatever is in your heart.

no need to feel sorry i am at peace with the truth in my heart and i only wish the same for u as well.
peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
 
365 posts, read 424,363 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
i guess we wont see eye to eye,, and thats ok.. i will continue to build my relationship with god and continue to work out my salvation.. it brings joy to my heart to listen and obey gods commands to me, as i become free from my sin. you can continue to do whatever is in your heart.

no need to feel sorry i am at peace with the truth in my heart and i only wish the same for u as well.
peace
No worries

That is your free choice.. to try to earn your salvation. Good luck with that at Judgment day when you explain to God why you rejected Jesus' free robe of righteousness and instead tried to become perfectly righteous through your own deeds and law keeping.

As for me, I accepted salvation as a free gift from God.

God bless, best wishes.


Romans 10:3 (New International Version)

3Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.


Isaiah 61:10 (New International Version)


10 I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM
 
66 posts, read 62,783 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I feel sorry for you. You sound like Adam and Eve did when they first realised they sinned, they began to try to hide from God because they trembled in fear of God.

How would you feel if everytime you went into your backyard garden and your own children ran and tried to hide from you because they were trembling out of pure fear for you. How would that make you feel knowing your own children feared you so much that they ran and hid whenever you walked into a room or into the backyard?

This is how the lost will behave when Jesus returns.. they will try to hide under the rocks from Jesus.

Realise one thing, the fear that Adam and Eve experienced was quickly replaced when God showed the two of them how the relationship could be restored.

God always needs to be respected, but we only need to be terror striken feared when we willfully reject Jesus and His guidance and willfully harm the relationship.

But we need to remember that God is always looking to restore that relationship. That is why He sacrificed His Son to die in our place to restore that relationship.

Just as you would cry and weep if your own children told people they feared you, so it is with God, he weeps and cries.

Remember, you only need to fear God if you have rejected Jesus and willfully do not care about God and His will. Those people will be so fearful when Jesus returns that they will try to hide from Him.

If you teach your children to fear God and that God will hurt them and torture them if they misbehave, your children will grow up resenting God and viewing God as an evil tyrant to be feared and not loved. Satan has done a good job deceiving people about God's true nature and character.
wow.. u take the cake..u are preaching pure Nonsense. you should really stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Niagara Falls ON.
10,024 posts, read 10,138,347 times
Reputation: 8868
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
My apologies again purpleheart.
I answered what was in my heart. it took a little more than a Yes or no for me to share my understanding. please forgive me.. i do not wish to battle i am only here to share what has been shown to me.
Question 1. NO i work out my salvation daily/ god must show me what is in the depths of my heart so that i can repent and become free from sin.. i hope and pray that i may become free. as may all of us...
Question 2. NO As above god has yet to show me all of my sin therefore i must wait on him daily so that he can show me and i cant become free of sin.
Question 3. No sin can enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Question 4.You must be sinless to enter the kingdom of heaven


To be saved is to be become free from sin. This is what jesus came to save us from once we pick up our cross daily and follow him.
Many blessing to u
Jesus came to save us from the PENALTY from sin.
Because of the fall of Adam, all of manking is born with a totally corrupt nature. There is not one single good thing in us as seen by a Holy God.

Although we believers are born again in the spirit and that enables us to have a relationship with God it's only because the rightousness of Jesus is imputed to us through our faith and God no longer sees our sins.
Because we still live in our corrupt flesh, every word, thought and deed of ours is tainted with sin.
We are not sinners because we sin but we sin because we are sinners.

Jesus summed up the entire law of god this way. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart soul and mind and love your neighbour as yourself. If the most sanctified person in the world can get within 1% of this state I would like to meet him. Anything less is sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM
 
139 posts, read 165,589 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Jesus came to save us from the PENALTY from sin.
Because of the fall of Adam, all of manking is born with a totally corrupt nature. There is not one single good thing in us as seen by a Holy God.

Although we believers are born again in the spirit and that enables us to have a relationship with God it's only because the rightousness of Jesus is imputed to us through our faith and God no longer sees our sins.
Because we still live in our corrupt flesh, every word, thought and deed of ours is tainted with sin.
We are not sinners because we sin but we sin because we are sinners.

Jesus summed up the entire law of god this way. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart soul and mind and love your neighbour as yourself. If the most sanctified person in the world can get within 1% of this state I would like to meet him. Anything less is sin.
Hi Lucknow
I hope u are well

So it is ok to continue to live in the world as we are and be rested that god has already saved us once we believe that jesus died for us? I am trying to understand what you guys are sayiing
I am not judging or anything just trying to get it clear.

I know that god wants us to become New.. die to the old us and become new. and this is what i know to become free from our sinful ways.. it is no longer us ..it is christ within us.. But it take our effort to surrender and continue to follow him .. and turn away from the worldly desires( which is hard to do..because we live in the flesh) I used to live the way u are saying( what i understand of what u are saying) and i still felt as if somthing was missing.. i asked God every moment to Make me understand .. and he gave to me the understanding that i have now..
Carry my cross and die to self.. i cannot be in complete union with God until i become New. this was not to long ago.. and today i cant even begin to explain the peace i feel.. i still get tempted and stumble but i quickly and checked and turn back to him and away from the world...
SO i cant quite accept what u guys are saying not because i want to be right but because my heart tells me something different
God Bless u
Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top