U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-14-2010, 03:05 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,584,006 times
Reputation: 1584

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Who cares about overriding free will? Before we even tackle that issue we need to get answers to question of what happened to Jews in holocaust, many of them no doubt decent people who where choosing good over evil all their lives. And why was Hitler wrong in killing them.
Python, you are using your brain to reason. To go along with the ET dogma, you can't do that - don't you see? Hitler was a professing Christian (or so I've heard)... so he gets to heaven on a technicality while God's chosen people went to a horrific fate after they were burned in ovens and gassed to death. That's what ETers ask us to believe. Heaven knows, I sure used to grieve over such an image of God when it had my mind bound with chains of darkness. The doctrine of ET is very, very DARK. But they call it light. Must you keep breaking those chains by using your brain to reason?

Heartsong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Hitler was a professing Christian (or so I've heard)...


I thought you were a professing Christian too. Was I mistaken?

Quote:
so he gets to heaven on a technicality while God's chosen people went to a horrific fate after they were burned in ovens and gassed to death.


He gets to heaven only according to UR.

Quote:
That's what ETers ask us to believe. Heaven knows, I sure used to grieve over such an image of God when it had my mind bound with chains of darkness.


No, that is not what Christians believe. What image of God?

Quote:
The doctrine of ET is very, very DARK. But they call it light. Must you keep breaking those chains by using your brain to reason?


Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 06-14-2010 at 06:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:02 AM
 
1,883 posts, read 2,488,290 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Innocent question? There was no innocent question. She was making fun of a book that she hasn't read. Do I believe the book is 100% true? No, but I would never comment about a book, especially negatively, if I haven't even tried to read it.

If you bother to read her comments you would find that she doesn't address anything within the book,only the obvious things that can be gleaned from the title.Or are you really saying that it isn't obvious from the title that it's about going to hell,and for 23 minutes?Or that a book about hell isn't fear filled?Which comments that she made were necessary to read the book to make?

Like I said,some people are just mean spirited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
[/color]
Moderator cut: deleted
I am done here. It seems it is OK to thrash Christianity, but when someone points it out, the post is promplty deleted.

This board needs to be renamed form Christianlity to anti-Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:10 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,766,924 times
Reputation: 58199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am done here. It seems it is OK to thrash Christianity, but when someone points it out, the post is promplty deleted.

This board needs to be renamed form Christianlity to anti-Christianity.
I tried to tell you that you were causing problems and when that happens you can expect some moderation. Take a long hard look at yourself and your posting habits and maybe you'll understand why it happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:17 AM
 
159 posts, read 146,803 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am done here. It seems it is OK to thrash Christianity, but when someone points it out, the post is promplty deleted.

This board needs to be renamed form Christianlity to anti-Christianity.
Say what you want, but at least Universalists here aren't saying that God entangled himself so much in rules that he can't even save good non-believers. Or that he allows other people to eternally change other people's eternal destinies by simply strategically killing them (kill baby before age of accountability for certain heaven or kill non-believer before he has chance to hear about Christ for certain hell.)

God hardly needs more slander than his fanclub on Earth is providing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I tried to tell you that you were causing problems and when that happens you can expect some moderation. Take a long hard look at yourself and your posting habits and maybe you'll understand why it happened.
I am talking about the post deleted today.

Yesterday is a different story. I asked for the moderation yesterday. Yes, BECAUSE OF YOU. I got tired of you calling me a liar, and making all kinds of false claims and simply refused to back it up. When I asked, all I got was "I don't have to prove you anything". It is sad what has happened to you Ilene. Where did the venom come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,613 posts, read 32,038,307 times
Reputation: 9435
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Say what you want, but at least Universalists here aren't saying that God entangled himself so much in rules that he can't even save good non-believers. Or that he allows other people to eternally change other people's eternal destinies by simply strategically killing them (kill baby before age of accountability for certain heaven or kill non-believer before he has chance to hear about Christ for certain hell.)

God hardly needs more slander than his fanclub on Earth is providing.
There you go. It never ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:26 AM
 
159 posts, read 146,803 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There you go. It never ends.
So I am wrong?

Someone kills you before you had chance to accept Christ, you go to hell.

He accepts Christ on death row and goes to heaven.

And you are selling this to me as supreme justice. Guess what? I am not buying.

Last edited by python87; 06-14-2010 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,584,006 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Say what you want, but at least Universalists here aren't saying that God entangled himself so much in rules that he can't even save good non-believers. Or that he allows other people to eternally change other people's eternal destinies by simply strategically killing them (kill baby before age of accountability for certain heaven or kill non-believer before he has chance to hear about Christ for certain hell.)

God hardly needs more slander than his fanclub on Earth is providing.
Yes, indeed, Python. That's why it astonishes me for hard-core "Christians" to go to war and kill Muslims by the thousands, all the time believing that they are destined for eternal damnation. There is nothing holy about that. Even a child knows that. Granted, Muslims do the same kind of thing with their bad religion as well, but that does not excuse the Christian who has the New Testament readily available to him and knows better than to carry out atrocities in the name of God. -- Heartsong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top