U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 12:22 PM

58,651 posts, read 32,119,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Since I am a Christian,I hardly think my post proves your point
Your post doesn't prove it, because I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to "Python".

Quote:
you are a whiney person looking for an excuse to do so
Thanks for the fresh insult. Ahhhhhh....it feels so good.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-14-2010 at 12:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 12:31 PM

I apologize for being weak and allowing myself to be drawn into this mud-westling match with Ilene. This is like quitting smoking, - you try to quit, but fail, then you try again, and fail again. I have made several attempts to leave, but failed every time.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:04 PM

159 posts, read 146,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, indeed, Python. That's why it astonishes me for hard-core "Christians" to go to war and kill Muslims by the thousands, all the time believing that they are destined for eternal damnation. There is nothing holy about that. Even a child knows that. Granted, Muslims do the same kind of thing with their bad religion as well, but that does not excuse the Christian who has the New Testament readily available to him and knows better than to carry out atrocities in the name of God. -- Heartsong
Thanks for compliments, but I don't completely agree with this. I am actually semi-conservative and I believe that radical Islam, in its present form, is quite nasty and that some kind of response (and that includes military response) is, I think, necessary to cripple it's advance. Not that I agree with everything about American foreign policy, but we do need armies to protect Western Civilization in it's present form. Not a nice thought, but what's the alternative?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:41 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,489,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your post doesn't prove it, because I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to "Python".

Thanks for the fresh insult. Ahhhhhh....it feels so good.

Oops,my bad.Read the post too quickly in between some other things I was doing.Thought you referred to me.I apologize.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Oops,my bad.Read the post too quickly in between some other things I was doing.Thought you referred to me.I apologize.
No problem. We all make honest mistakes.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,319,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
A critique of "23 Minutes in Hell!"

Is hell a Christian Hoax?

Snippets from the above link are below:

The Scriptures know nothing of any such hideous monsters assigned to torture most of humanity for all eternity. The Apostle Peter warned that in the last days "false teachers" would bring into the Church, what he called "damnable heresies" (II Pet. 2:1).

There is no doctrine on earth that is more false or more damnable than the Christianized pagan doctrine of endless torture for which there is no redeeming value or purpose whatsoever.
Says you.
Enoch lived before the flood and he was shown Sheol below earth and the Lake of Fire. Enoch was not a pagan. Read it and be enlightened on the foundational doctrines for all the OT and NT.

Neither Sheol below earth nor the Lake of Fire was created by God to have redeeming value. Nope -not at all!
Redeeming value is only in the Blood of Atonement which was prepared for whosoever will believe, from before the creation, for our glory.

The Book of Enoch

Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM

115 posts, read 110,731 times
Quote:
I apologize for being weak and allowing myself to be drawn into this mud-westling match with Ilene. This is like quitting smoking, - you try to quit, but fail, then you try again, and fail again. I have made several attempts to leave, but failed every time.
I've had the same problem.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:26 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,391,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Says you.
Enoch lived before the flood and he was shown Sheol below earth and the Lake of Fire. Enoch was not a pagan. Read it and be enlightened on the foundational doctrines for all the OT and NT.

Neither Sheol below earth nor the Lake of Fire was created by God to have redeeming value. Nope -not at all!
Redeeming value is only in the Blood of Atonement which was prepared for whosoever will believe, from before the creation, for our glory.

The Book of Enoch

Says the Bible.

“Shall MORTAL man be more just than God?” Job 4:17.

All about Sheol and hell

I would rather go with the Bible than the Book of Enoch. If Enoch does not line up with the Bible, I go with the Bible. While Enoch might have some truth to it, it is NOT the whole truth.

The "Lake of Fire" was made for SPIRIT and it WILL "torment" (kind of like an intense shame and horror after losing one's self to something much higher) those souls put into it.

The dead are REALLY DEAD! They have no thoughts in the grave:

Ecclesiastes 9:10. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

When the saints are resurrected (wow!) they will be ruling and reigning with Christ in the first resurrection. There are more resurrections to come.

There is no Sheol/Hades (bad,good) compartment for souls to sit around in when they die. Sheol (Hebrew-grave) has nothing to do with Hades (Greek-mythological underworld).

Job 14:13 If only you would hide me in the grave (Sheol)and conceal me till your anger has passed! If only you would set me a time and then remember me!
(I don't know why Job would want to hang out in SHEOL to GET AWAY from God, do you?)

Tartarus is where the fallen spirits are bound, not men's souls.

The Hebrew word Sheol (31 times)
The Greek word Gehenna (12 times) ~~~~~~~))))) ALL translated HELL in KJV.
The Greek word Hades (10 times)
The Greek word tartarus (1 time)

Last edited by herefornow; 06-14-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 04:29 PM

365 posts, read 425,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Mr T

YEH Correct!! But William Shaky and King James are both responsible for putting it in the BIBLE! Psalm 46 tomoro.

Good nite to all.
Source?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 PM

365 posts, read 425,771 times
Quote:
What spirit is drawing you back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity