Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 03:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, you are correct. If God suddenly decided to grant salvation to even one unbeliever after their death, then that would make Him a liar, and that is impossible. God cannot lie:

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

The TRUTH is all that matters, and that truth is LOVE.

There are MANY who CANNOT believe because they have been BLINDED by God. They do not want the JUSTICE that God wants, they do not LOVE their enemies, they do not FEED the hungry and visit the widows and orphans.

They will suffer LOSS! Most of what they once were (corrupt humans) will be gone after death.........

Last edited by herefornow; 06-14-2010 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 03:57 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
What spirit is drawing you back?
The spirit which wanted me to tell the truth

Old 06-14-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, the Scriptures speak of Hell as a place of eternal torment, and a place where fallen angels will be found. So I have no idea why you would believe otherwise. The doctrine of Hell is usually denied by members or certain cults. Yet clearly Jesus warned of Hell, and clearly the Scriptures speak of Hell. Are you a member of the Watchtower Society?

LOL. Nope. Not a member of anything.

Just a homeschooling mom who wanted to do a little studying on my own.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Camp.

Your god is NOT the same GOD as mine!! Sorry.

Where is this fire exactly? Sodom was near the DEAD sea. NASA can't find this FIRE. My son went to the DEAD sea area, Ron Wyatt, Jon Gray went there too and could NOT find the FIRE of SODOM.

Perhaps your god has taken them all with the fire to MARS or Jupiter or VENUS??

I have a gut feeling DJconklin knows where they can be located and will let us know where?

Your talking about two different fires here. The fire that destroyed Sodom is long gone. The fires of Hell will burn forever. And that is why I stated the people of Sodom in the spirit will be found there.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
But the funny thing is that as the legend usually goes... once a person enters hell they can never leave.

Jonah left.
Jesus left.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme
Says you.
Enoch lived before the flood and he was shown Sheol below earth and the Lake of Fire. Enoch was not a pagan. Read it and be enlightened on the foundational doctrines for all the OT and NT.

Neither Sheol below earth nor the Lake of Fire was created by God to have redeeming value. Nope -not at all!
Redeeming value is only in the Blood of Atonement which was prepared for whosoever will believe, from before the creation, for our glory.

The Book of Enoch
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Says the Bible
Bible means "collection of books", and in the Bible, the Lake of Fire is the outer darkness, just exactly as Enoch taught it was. The blackness of darkness forever is that outer darkness, which is the second death, and it is the Lake of Fire, where "the worm never dies".

The resurrected unregenerated Adam flesh bodies of the uncleansed souls are cast aways forever, in suffering the torments according to the deeds done in their bodies, forever.
Jesus corroborates Enoch, on the doctrine of Sheol below earth, and the doctrine of the Lake of Fire, made for the devil and his angels [unholy messengers, made for the Lake of Fire, whose food in the Lake of Fire is the flesh of the "undying Adam worms"].
Quote:
Luke 16: Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Quote:
Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
destroy is not to annihilate, but to render useless for the purpose it was created.

In Sheol, the souls talk with one another, says the OT, and Jesus shows it is so. The plans/counsels/`eshtonah for this world perish/are useless, when a body dies, but self knowledge and awareness does not perish, neither does a soul "sleep".

Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Yeshuasavedme: Bible means "collection of books", and in the Bible, the Lake of Fire is the outer darkness, just exactly as Enoch taught it was. The blackness of darkness forever is that outer darkness, which is the second death, and it is the Lake of Fire, where "the worm never dies".

The resurrected unregenerated Adam flesh bodies of the uncleansed souls are cast aways forever, in suffering the torments according to the deeds done in their bodies, forever.

Jesus corroborates Enoch, on the doctrine of Sheol below earth, and the doctrine of the Lake of Fire, made for the devil and his angels [unholy messengers, made for the Lake of Fire, whose food in the Lake of Fire is the flesh of the "undying Adam worms"].

destroy is not to annihilate, but to render useless for the purpose it was created.

In Sheol, the souls talk with one another, says the OT, and Jesus shows it is so. The plans/counsels/
`eshtonah for this world perish/are useless, when a body dies, but self knowledge and awareness does not perish, neither does a soul "sleep".[/quote]

Herefornow

The Bible is a collection of books.......yes. What does this have to do with anything?

The Old Testament CLEARLY talks of soul sleep. There really isn't any darned way to get around that.

Do you not think the Jews are in outer darkness right now (and MANY others)? Was there weeping and gnashing of teeth when they were thrown out of their kingdom?

And what verse exactly are you trying to say Jesus used to corroborate Enoch?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Bible means "collection of books", and in the Bible, the Lake of Fire is the outer darkness, just exactly as Enoch taught it was. The blackness of darkness forever is that outer darkness, which is the second death, and it is the Lake of Fire, where "the worm never dies".

In Sheol, the souls talk with one another, says the OT, and Jesus shows it is so. The plans/counsels/`eshtonah for this world perish/are useless, when a body dies, but self knowledge and awareness does not perish, neither does a soul "sleep".
The same OT that says that "There is no works or devising in Sheol."

How about "The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all."

Old 06-15-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

How about "The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all."
Thanks.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

The answer is in the same discourse, before the statement Solomon made, he said;
This [is] an evil among all [things] that are done under the sun, that [there is] one event unto all:

But you need to know that Solomon, who wrote Ecclesiastes, wrote Proverbs, and he said this:
Pro 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
Pro 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
Pro 15:24 The way of life [is] above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

And Solomon's father, David, said this:
Psa 86:13 For great [is] thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
The doctrine of low, lower, lowest Sheol/pit, in the belly of the earth, is from Enoch's revelation of Sheol below earth.
David confirms this revelation of Enoch.

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].
Sheol is represented as a feminine spirit in the Word, and she opens her mouth wide, to receive the souls of men, and she enlarges herself, at times, to receive great masses of souls, of men who die in great calamities. Earthquakes that raise the seabed a mile higher, for instance, are a modern example of Sheol enlarging herself, to receive masses of lost unredeemed souls who die in the earthquakes and in the resulting tsunamis.

Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity