U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:08 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,483,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post

Any student of history knows that the giants descendants were in Europe and other nations even after they were chased out of Canaan and killed, who remained in Canaan, by the time of King David.
Any student of historical writings knows that the giants burned Rome, once, and that Rome was honed into the magnificent army that they became, because of being defeated by the giants, sons of the gods/elohym/Watchers/angels, so many times that they had to devise warfare tactics that would defeat them -and so they did conquer them, as historical authors did write.
And any serious student of historical writings of the Patriarchs knows that Jannes and Jambres were themselves nephillim, sons of a great wizard, Balaam, who was descended from giants.

LOL!

Somehow this wasn't in my school history books.

Oh,that's right.My school didn't have a fairy tales class.Damn.Would have been a hilarious read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:10 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,483,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

I am surprised you didn't respond to this portion of my post:
And I guess I am not clear as to the kind of church of christ you go to...
Can you elaborate?

Sounds like hard core Pentecostal to me.Maybe charismatic.The first part of her post was her answer to this.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:30 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,394,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Sounds like hard core Pentecostal to me.Maybe charismatic.The first part of her post was her answer to this.
Yeah.. I saw her reply... I am just curious because I have not come across this that much. Especially with so much literal interpretation of Enoch or any books for that matter, but especially Enoch. I don't think it is Pentecostal because I was raised as one... but again.. it has no bearing on the discussion but I am curious so I can learn more about it.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
My husband is Viking-like. He is 6' tall, about 300 pounds, with a scruffy beard; quite intimidating to most people. I'm only 5' 1" so he is a giant to me.

That could be what they were describing in the Bible. You wouldn't want to take on an army of these guys; giant barbarians, really. Especially if you are tiny.
I've always wondered if Gigantism is really the cause... and the Neanderthal man was really just a victim of an excessive amount of growth hormone as were the giants of that day.

I am 5'2 and my hubby is over six foot and intimidating. I do sometimes feel like a grasshopper!

Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,309,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
never heard of that, sounds rather ridicilious to me, to you have any sources for that claim?

I learned a lot about Rome in school in Latin lessons and I never heard of any myth of Romans fighting against giants, the Romans fight and were ultimately defeated by Germanic tribes, while they were larger than other peoples they were no mythological giants as described in the apocryphal book of Enoch
I took Latin also, and taught it in my Home School, and there was no history of Rome in it, so why do you think you would know all about the history of Rome from a simple language book?

And yes, I have sources, of course.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I took Latin also, and taught it in my Home School, and there was no history of Rome in it, so why do you think you would know all about the history of Rome from a simple language book?

Posting those sources would be helpful!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Posting those sources would be helpful!
Begin with the book of Jasher, along with Moses' Torah, then go read the histories of the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans, as they pertain to wars and giants -men of great physical stature- and how they once burned Rome, and how Rome finally got the victory over them, after hundreds of years -and then, a few centuries after peace, a giant, a nephillim, became a murderous Emperor of Rome.
In Europe, there were men of great stature, just like Goliath and his brothers, and King Og, who were all descended from fallen angels.
In Jericho, when Joshua took it down, there were men who were descended from the giants, living among and marrying humans descended from Adam.
Polybius ‚€Ę Histories ‚€” Book¬*1
LacusCurtius ‚€Ę Diodorus Siculus ‚€” Book¬*V Chapters¬*19‚€‘40

Quote:
Diodorus Siculus
2 The women of the Gauls are not only like the men in their great stature but they are a match for them in courage as well. ...
The giants' descendants got smaller over the centuries, and those before the flood reached amazing heights. Goliath was only 9 ft tall, but Og was 13 ft tall, but the anakim at the time Israel came out of Egypt were so tall that the Israelites felt like grasshoppers, in comparison.

Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants/nephillim: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Really????

Wow.

So, the planet, until now, has never had any serious students of history.

Just you (and anybody that believes in Enoch).

You, and ONLY the "others" who believe in Enoch, are the "serious students of history."

That is a BOLD statement, don't you think?

And, don't you forget, you are ripping to shreds entire sections of the Bible, believing what you believe.
Stop attacking me with false accusations. And your attack against the Book of Enoch is without any substance.
If you want to debate the subject, then show just where you, yourself, believe that I am "ripping to shreds entire sections of the Bible with my beliefs". And do use your own personal research, not pasted quotes from skeptic sites, because I am not interested in debating canned pasted responses, got from other places where they write mountains of false material on the subject, themselves, for lazy people to copy, as if the skeptics who present false information and made up stories, are the word of God themselves, on the subject.
Honest people who have actually researched Enoch , for themselves, who begin with a thorough knowledge of the doctrines of the OT and NT, and of the early Church "fathers" of the faith, and of the Gospel of Christ, are welcome to state their issues openly, for debate, without the agenda of destroying that which they fear, in their ignorance of the history of the book.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,474 times
Quote:
Stop attacking me with false accusations. And your attack against the Book of Enoch is without any substance.
If you want to debate the subject, then show just where you, yourself, believe that I am "ripping to shreds entire sections of the Bible with my beliefs". And do use your own personal research, not pasted quotes from skeptic sites, because I am not interested in debating canned pasted responses, got from other places where they write mountains of false material on the subject, themselves, for lazy people to copy, as if the skeptics who present false information and made up stories, are the word of God themselves, on the subject.
Honest people who have actually researched Enoch , for themselves, who begin with a thorough knowledge of the doctrines of the OT and NT, and of the early Church "fathers" of the faith, and of the Gospel of Christ, are welcome to state their issues openly, for debate, without the agenda of destroying that which they fear, in their ignorance of the history of the book.
I have NEVER given a canned response (but there are a few on these threads that do that kind of thing).

I'll have you know that my source is the Bible, I rarely copy and paste, and I
have given you many verses that refute Enoch, which you ignore.

I have given a LONG and awesome explanation of the Parable of Lazarus and
the rich man, and I have scrolled through MANY previous threads that you have popped up in and have seen WONDERFUL, common sense, Biblical
explanations given to you which refute Enoch.

So, I don't want to hear about it anymore. Enoch (mostly) goes against scripture, and when scripture is posted and explained to you, you filter it
through Enoch and twist the heck out of 'em.

Your mind is already made up, so it is not a debate for you. You are preaching, and you condemn everybody that does not believe in Enoch. Very
strange.

Anyhoo.........I don't want any part of it.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:53 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,709,605 times
Quote:

I never said I know all about Rome, but I know the myths about Romulus and Remus and that stuff, I am from Europe and If Rome were said to have been destroyed once by mythological Giants I think I would know that

Quote:
Any student of historical writings knows that the giants burned Rome, once, and that Rome was honed into the magnificent army that they became, because of being defeated by the giants, sons of the gods/elohym/Watchers/angels, so many times that they had to devise warfare tactics that would defeat them -and so they did conquer them, as historical authors did write.
I only know about 2 burnings in Rome, one about 400 BC (see here) and Nero's burning, and please don't claim that the Gallics are the descendants of the Nephilim, I don't know of any other incident where Rome was (almost) defeated

please share there exact references to your claims

Last edited by svenM; 06-18-2010 at 06:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity