Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:50 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I was referring to your attitude, not your argument.

Let me ask you again: does God desire people to sin? People sin, but it is not God's desire, so according to your logic God's desire is weak. You can't have it both ways.
Actually,I would be interested in hearing why God continues to allow men to be tempted?Or why,if life on earth causes unending torment in hell,why God doesn't cut His losses and end the world now in order to prevent future people from going to hell?Or why He doesn't remove satan and deal with him now,instead of in some far off future?Or why God didn't deal with satan before bringing man on the scene to suffer in hell because of satan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 10:50 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
JESUS CHRIST is not a liar. And Jesus tells us in Matthew 25:41 that the cursed ones will enter the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. If you don't believe Jesus own words, what can I say.

And Revelation 20:10 states. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night (FOR EVER AND EVER).

What part of (ETERNAL FIRE, AND FOR EVER AND EVER DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?)
Yes, you are correct. If God suddenly decided to grant salvation to even one unbeliever after their death, then that would make Him a liar, and that is impossible. God cannot lie:

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Old 06-13-2010, 11:05 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Actually,I would be interested in hearing why God continues to allow men to be tempted?Or why,if life on earth causes unending torment in hell,why God doesn't cut His losses and end the world now in order to prevent future people from going to hell?Or why He doesn't remove satan and deal with him now,instead of in some far off future?Or why God didn't deal with satan before bringing man on the scene to suffer in hell because of satan?
Because we are taught by orthodox christianity that the power of man's will is greater than God's, thus rendering God useless to do anything about man's hopeless situation unless man chooses by his own will(which is greater than God's ) to allow God's will (which is weaker than man's )to be effective in our lives .

Old 06-13-2010, 11:07 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
I was referring to your attitude, not your argument.

Let me ask you again: does God desire people to sin? People sin, but it is not God's desire, so according to your logic God's desire is weak. You can't have it both ways.
God created sin. He created everything. It must be His desire, or else it wouldn't exist. According to the Bible, not my logic, although I wish some people would use more of it, God's desires are always fulfilled. You speak as though you have absolutely all the answers....well answer this.....if God desires no sin, then why does He allow it? If He did not desire that sin exist, it wouldn't. Just that simple.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:14 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Because we are taught by orthodox christianity that the power of man's will is greater than God's, thus rendering God useless to do anything about man's hopeless situation unless man chooses by his own will(which is greater than God's ) to allow God's will (which is weaker than man's )to be effective in our lives .
Talk about bearing false witness of your neighbor. wow! You know them by their fruits....

Perhaps you could try to answer the question from your own viewpoint as opposed to trying answer from the viewpoint which ou disagree with. You just ended up putting words in other people's mouths, and failed to answer the question alltogether.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Talk about bearing false witness of your neighbor. wow! You know them by their fruits....

Perhaps you could try to answer the question from your own viewpoint as opposed to trying answer from the viewpoint which ou disagree with. You just ended up putting words in other people's mouths, and failed to answer the question alltogether.
That is what most christians believe .

My answer is God is able and willing , God is greater than our will , Every Knee will bow and every tongue will confess , His desire is for none to perish, His word accomplishes that for which He desires, i could go on until the cows come home .

I fully appreciate lifertexans questions and why He asked them .

Now how about you answering his question , i wonder if you can without mentioning the will of man ?.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
23 Minutes in Hell

Sounds like the total amount of time I have spent being talked to about religion by christians in the last 30 years. I usually lose patience after about 25 seconds. Interestingly enought, none of them have ever brought up the subject to me, twice.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:29 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:

Perhaps YOU could try answering the questions posed to you.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Perhaps YOU could try answering the questions posed to you.
If he mention choice (man's will) or man's will he owes me an apology

Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
JESUS CHRIST is not a liar.
Probably quite true, in the same sense that Paul Bunyan, Robin Hood, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and other mythological critters are not liars. Those that solely exist in man's imagination are incapable of lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity