U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,176,805 times

Advertisements

I like the choice sticker above and then the peace crap (peace and unity of the race through infanticide, if one was attempting to synthesize this idiots back window; an idiot because he/she wants to put their dime store ideology in your face when you are behind them). This peace crap ideology is just as big a lie as corporate, government, political, and etc ideology. The race as a whole does not deserve peace. It is supposed to live, and living is everything that we as humans do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 11:37 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,557,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Airo,

People, like myself, who believe in the Restoration of All Things (universalist) believe that Christ is our ONLY hope! Universalists have been persecuted for the last 2000 years by both the Catholic and Protestant churches.

We believe that Jesus (Yeshua) took away the sins of the WHOLE world, that there is only an elect being salvaged (saved) at this time, and in the end Jesus will give His kingdom back to God after making all his enemies a footstool. He is presently busy reconciling things in HEAVEN and EARTH!

Don't you know that saints shall judge the world? Don't you know that we shall judge angels?
And that's essentially the nature of scripture in a nutshell - His people will be conformed into His image.

Why? For what purpose? So that they will also be reconcilers, just as He. To be like Him is to be like Him in every form and function - He came to save, and we will also.

Quote:
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:2)

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. (Rom 8:19)
An important study in scripture is First Fruits - the first harvest of what is to later give birth to the great one noted in the biblical Holy Day called the Feast of Tabernacles. Likewise, the first harvest of the people is called by God as the First Fruits. If there is a first fruits company, then by the law of fulfilment there must be a feast of tabernacles - a great harvest of multitudes.

We are to be those tabernacles. Remember, He can do exceedingly above what we can think. (Eph 3:20)

Old 06-14-2010, 01:46 PM

1,903 posts, read 1,288,834 times
Interesting. I've actually been thinking about some of these exact issues lately.

airo: "Universalism is the belief that all roads eventually lead to heaven, including atheism"

Hosea Ballou, an early American Universalist, said that "God will wash His children [of sin] not because they are dirty, but because He loves them." While I am a Unitarian Universalist by association, I'm no Christian. Wasn't raised as one, haven't become one. I don't take "all roads eventually lead to heaven" literally, but take it to mean that it doesn't matter what path you follow, if you lean toward Christianity, God will find you and wash you, because He loves you. Again, not my God, but I respect the entity.

airo: "Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

I totally believe that. And not being a Christian, it doesn't frighten me. I am not going to the Father, I am going to the Mother. I am a Pagan, and believe I will leave this world and pass into the Summerland, where I will rest, review my life with the Goddess as my guide, and take those lessons on to my next life. People of other religions have other destinations and arrangements.

Mike555: Jesus came to divide. Not only believers from unbelievers (the deciding factor between heaven and hell), but believers who are disciples from believers who are disobedient (the deciding factor between blessing or discipline, and between eternal rewards or the lack thereof.)

Sounds like Corporate Heads in the earliest days of the Gary (Indiana) Steel Mills. They intentionally placed workers of feuding ethnic groups together, with the sole purpose of keeping them from forming unions.

My grandma, who passed down much wisdom to me, always said, "Don't hate anyone. Bless your enemies." I have taken that with me throughout my life.

Irish comedian Dave Allen always ended his show by saying "Good night, and may your God go with you."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity