U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 AM

162 posts, read 177,236 times

Advertisements

You've all seen them on car bumpers and rear glass, maybe you even have one on your own car. If that's the case, please continue reading. Perhaps you've never considered this before, but the idea behind these COEXIST bumper stickers is among the greatest lies ever told. Let me explain.

I was actually behind this bumper sticker earlier this week. In addition to COEXIST, they also had an interesting PEACE bumper sticker with the same play on religions, as well as this one, “FREEDOM OF RELIGION MEANS ALL RELIGIONS”.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs512.ash1/30224_120728934630166_100000791813437_98094_302526 4_n.jpg (broken link)

Granted, that simple statement is true as far as our U.S. Constitution is concerned (and rightly so), but the context behind it, or at least in context with this driver’s other bumper stickers, only led me to think they believe all religions are valid. After all, who is anyone to say only one is correct (especially Christianity)? It made me sad to think how widespread this deception is. So after reading Mike Ratliff's article Wednesday, Are You Ashamed of That Stumbling Block?, I decided to go ahead and write this post. And if you get a chance, please read Mike's timely article as well.

In the name of Universalism, many a soul will be damned. Universalism is the belief that all roads eventually lead to heaven, including atheism. All mankind will be saved no matter the path they follow. This cannot be further from the truth. Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." I've met professed Christians who know of this eternal truth who continue to claim "to each his own" or "my way is not necessarily right for everyone" or "it's not my place to tell someone they are wrong in what they believe". My friend, you are in grave error!

An essential doctrine of Christianity is that absolutely no one can enter heaven except they go through the blood of Jesus Christ. God is holy and there will be no unrighteousness in heaven, therefore, the only way one can become righteous in His sight is by receiving the righteousness of Christ by the grace of God through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). This faith comes through trusting in Christ as Lord and Savior and repentance from yourself in turning to God in surrender. You cannot save yourself nor can you work for your salvation, which is the deception of all other religions.

Christianity is the only religion (to use the term loosely) that does not require works to go to heaven. Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism and Roman Catholicism all require the practitioner to perform works to some degree. In Christ, there is freedom - true freedom that can only come through the washing of sins and justification by faith alone in Christ and His finished work on the cross. These religions create a system of bondage where one can only hope their good works outweigh their evil deeds in the end. The cult of liberalism is largely responsible for this idea entering the church, and more recently through Emergence Christianity of this post-modern society. This intermixing of ideologies, religions, and the New Age is the foundation of what will become the universal religion during the Tribulation period. The co-mingling of religions is largely responsible for the falling away that we see in 2 Thessalonians 2, which must take place before Christ returns. It is one of the greatest tangible evidences the Wrath of God is ready to be poured out on earth and its dwellers.

If you are one who believes all religions should coexist peacefully, I agree with you. Christians especially must express their love for all people in word and deed. We are to be the salt and light of this world, else how will the lost see the love of Jesus Christ but through His own children? Unfortunately, however, coexisting in the name of tolerance and moral relativism is impossible as there is only one God and one path through His Son Jesus Christ. Ultimately, darkness and light contradict one anotheras Ephesians 6:12 says,
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
To put it bluntly, all other religions are derived from the pit of hell. They are a means for Satan to deceive the masses away from the truth and grace offered by a holy and sovereign God. To deny that Jesus is the only way for salvation is to diminish His blood sacrifice. To deny there is an eternal hell is to belittle the torment and excruciating death of the Savior. To deny these truths is to call God a liar.

If you are a professed Christian who believes there is more than one path, I plead with you to study the Bible for yourself and repent from this heresy. If you do not believe in Christ, I plead with you to search the Scriptures and pray the Holy Spirit reveals Himself to you. The average human life span is around 75 years, where will you be 1 TRILLION years from now? For 1 trillion years, will you have been worshiping and serving the Lord in heaven or will you have been suffering in the darkness of eternal hellfire? What about 100 TRILLION years after that? Isn't an eternity worth spending a few hours or days searching out these truths now?

Don't put your trust in man-made traditions or in the god you have made up in your own mind. If you say you believe in God, then do yourself a favor and make sure you believe in the God of the Bible. The consequences will be the difference between an eternity with Jesus or an eternity of damnation.
Matthew 7 13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,635,039 times
There is only one path to salvation which is through Jesus Christ. However, ALL shall eventually be saved (no matter how much sin they had in the past). All the Apostles are saved no matter how much sin they had in their past.

That is the universalist's message.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:20 AM

78 posts, read 87,777 times
By ario:
Quote:
Universalism is the belief that all roads eventually lead to heaven, including atheism. All mankind will be saved no matter the path they follow
When i read this part i knew that the author has tunnell vision to the point that he sees nothing else. It is a false statement, since it has been repeatedly said countless times from those of us that believe that God will redeem ALL His creation.

Jesus said Himself that if He is lifted up He WILL draw All unto Himself.
i know of no one who believes Jesus is the Christ, the only way to salvation, that believing in any other way.

When you said what you did about what universalist believe you repeated the worn out lie, it would pay you well to pay attention to ALL the words, but then i guess that is the problem....all

Old 06-13-2010, 10:37 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,758,453 times
Yes, Airo.....you do not understand the definition of Christian Universalism. You've made a broad statement about it that is not true. Apparently you think Christian Universalism is the same as Unitarianism and that could not be further from the truth. You need to read up on and understand CU before you go making statements like that. Here's a really good thread that you should read ALL of, it will give you insight and understanding of the universalism beliefs and all the scriptural support you could ever need:

Universalists: Please Explain Why You Believe Like You Do

Please familiarize yourself with CU before you go making assumptions and assertions that just aren't true. All CU's believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY WAY to salvation.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 AM

20,323 posts, read 15,678,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airō View Post
You've all seen them on car bumpers and rear glass, maybe you even have one on your own car. If that's the case, please continue reading. Perhaps you've never considered this before, but the idea behind these COEXIST bumper stickers is among the greatest lies ever told. Let me explain.

I was actually behind this bumper sticker earlier this week. In addition to COEXIST, they also had an interesting PEACE bumper sticker with the same play on religions, as well as this one, “FREEDOM OF RELIGION MEANS ALL RELIGIONS”.

(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs512.ash1/30224_120728934630166_100000791813437_98094_302526 4_n.jpg - broken link)

Granted, that simple statement is true as far as our U.S. Constitution is concerned (and rightly so), but the context behind it, or at least in context with this driver’s other bumper stickers, only led me to think they believe all religions are valid. After all, who is anyone to say only one is correct (especially Christianity)? It made me sad to think how widespread this deception is. So after reading Mike Ratliff's article Wednesday, Are You Ashamed of That Stumbling Block?, I decided to go ahead and write this post. And if you get a chance, please read Mike's timely article as well.

In the name of Universalism, many a soul will be damned. Universalism is the belief that all roads eventually lead to heaven, including atheism. All mankind will be saved no matter the path they follow. This cannot be further from the truth. Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." I've met professed Christians who know of this eternal truth who continue to claim "to each his own" or "my way is not necessarily right for everyone" or "it's not my place to tell someone they are wrong in what they believe". My friend, you are in grave error!

An essential doctrine of Christianity is that absolutely no one can enter heaven except they go through the blood of Jesus Christ. God is holy and there will be no unrighteousness in heaven, therefore, the only way one can become righteous in His sight is by receiving the righteousness of Christ by the grace of God through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). This faith comes through trusting in Christ as Lord and Savior and repentance from yourself in turning to God in surrender. You cannot save yourself nor can you work for your salvation, which is the deception of all other religions.

Christianity is the only religion (to use the term loosely) that does not require works to go to heaven. Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism and Roman Catholicism all require the practitioner to perform works to some degree. In Christ, there is freedom - true freedom that can only come through the washing of sins and justification by faith alone in Christ and His finished work on the cross. These religions create a system of bondage where one can only hope their good works outweigh their evil deeds in the end. The cult of liberalism is largely responsible for this idea entering the church, and more recently through Emergence Christianity of this post-modern society. This intermixing of ideologies, religions, and the New Age is the foundation of what will become the universal religion during the Tribulation period. The co-mingling of religions is largely responsible for the falling away that we see in 2 Thessalonians 2, which must take place before Christ returns. It is one of the greatest tangible evidences the Wrath of God is ready to be poured out on earth and its dwellers.

If you are one who believes all religions should coexist peacefully, I agree with you. Christians especially must express their love for all people in word and deed. We are to be the salt and light of this world, else how will the lost see the love of Jesus Christ but through His own children? Unfortunately, however, coexisting in the name of tolerance and moral relativism is impossible as there is only one God and one path through His Son Jesus Christ. Ultimately, darkness and light contradict one anotheras Ephesians 6:12 says,
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
To put it bluntly, all other religions are derived from the pit of hell. They are a means for Satan to deceive the masses away from the truth and grace offered by a holy and sovereign God. To deny that Jesus is the only way for salvation is to diminish His blood sacrifice. To deny there is an eternal hell is to belittle the torment and excruciating death of the Savior. To deny these truths is to call God a liar.

If you are a professed Christian who believes there is more than one path, I plead with you to study the Bible for yourself and repent from this heresy. If you do not believe in Christ, I plead with you to search the Scriptures and pray the Holy Spirit reveals Himself to you. The average human life span is around 75 years, where will you be 1 TRILLION years from now? For 1 trillion years, will you have been worshiping and serving the Lord in heaven or will you have been suffering in the darkness of eternal hellfire? What about 100 TRILLION years after that? Isn't an eternity worth spending a few hours or days searching out these truths now?

Don't put your trust in man-made traditions or in the god you have made up in your own mind. If you say you believe in God, then do yourself a favor and make sure you believe in the God of the Bible. The consequences will be the difference between an eternity with Jesus or an eternity of damnation.
Matthew 7 13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Moderator cut: rude and insulting

The beliefs of others must be tolerated. Not respected, but tolerated. But never is the truth to be buried for the sake of unity. For the sake of getting along. The truth divides, and rightfully so. The truth separates those who have eternal life from those who remain under eternal condemnation. The truth separates those who love the truth from those who oppose it. God is truth. Satan is a liar and the father of lies.

Jesus came to divide. Not only believers from unbelievers (the deciding factor between heaven and hell), but believers who are disciples from believers who are disobedient (the deciding factor between blessing or discipline, and between eternal rewards or the lack thereof.)

Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. [35] "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; [36] and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD. [37] "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. [38] "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. [39] "He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it. [40] He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

Universalism has never been the mainstream belief among those who are, or who merely profess to be Christian. But as we approach the end of this age, there are more and more people who are turning away from sound doctrine and turning toward lies and fables. Universalism attracts those who can't or won't face reality. It lulls the foolish and the gullible into a false sense of security concerning their eternal dispositon. Which is Satan's purpose for introducing it into the world.

True love is standing in the truth of God's word and declaring it to the world. Hatred on the other hand, is distorting the Gospel and declaring in complete and absolute contradiction to the word of God, that all will be saved. All the while professing to love those they would lure to their eternal destruction. Much like the sirens of Greek mythology who would call out to sailors on passing ships, trying to lure them to their deaths on the rocky shores. Now, many of these people are merely deceived and don't know any better. But had they not rejected the truth in the first place, they never would have been deceived by Satan's cosmic doctrines. There are those however, who know full well that what they teach is false, and they are wolves in sheep's clothing. 2 Corinthians 11:14 'And no wonder, for even Satan disquises himself as an angel of light. [15] Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their deeds.

God wants believers to be strong in the truth. He wants believers to stand in the gap and proclaim to the world, the absolute and uncompromising Gospel of Christ. There can be no compromise. Some will listen. Many will not. So be it.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-14-2010 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: to call another christians doctrine putrid and sour is very insulting

Old 06-13-2010, 01:06 PM

17,639 posts, read 21,820,673 times
Love that car and the whole "coexist" thing!

You do not corner a market on the truth.
HELL was a concept promulgated by the Roman Catholic Church in order to exert fear,social and political control over Europe.

A historical fact,

I am a Protestant Christian, I love Jesus. I worship JESUS - not the bible.
That is why I am a "Christian" not a "Bibleist"

Moderator cut: insult
No one is inerrant or in perfect relation to God more than any other person, We are all free to read the bible and intemperate FOR OUR SELVES!!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-14-2010 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Fundamentalists have substituted the bible for the pope

Old 06-13-2010, 01:57 PM

162 posts, read 177,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This is all true airō. While there seems to be different flavors of universalism, all of them putrid and sour, but mixed with honey to give it sweetness, since its belief is that ultimately everyone will believe in Christ, being given the opportunity to do so after death, which of course is a Satanic lie, it doesn't matter what you believe now. Universalism plays a part in paving the way for the one world ecumenical religion which will come to pass after the church has been removed from the earth.

The beliefs of others must be tolerated. Not respected, but tolerated. But never is the truth to be buried for the sake of unity. For the sake of getting along. The truth divides, and rightfully so. The truth separates those who have eternal life from those who remain under eternal condemnation. The truth separates those who love the truth from those who oppose it. God is truth. Satan is a liar and the father of lies.

Jesus came to divide. Not only believers from unbelievers (the deciding factor between heaven and hell), but believers who are disciples from believers who are disobedient (the deciding factor between blessing or discipline, and between eternal rewards or the lack thereof.)

Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. [35] "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; [36] and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD. [37] "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. [38] "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. [39] "He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it. [40] He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

Universalism has never been the mainstream belief among those who are, or who merely profess to be Christian. But as we approach the end of this age, there are more and more people who are turning away from sound doctrine and turning toward lies and fables. Universalism attracts those who can't or won't face reality. It lulls the foolish and the gullible into a false sense of security concerning their eternal dispositon. Which is Satan's purpose for introducing it into the world.

True love is standing in the truth of God's word and declaring it to the world. Hatred on the other hand, is distorting the Gospel and declaring in complete and absolute contradiction to the word of God, that all will be saved. All the while professing to love those they would lure to their eternal destruction. Much like the sirens of Greek mythology who would call out to sailors on passing ships, trying to lure them to their deaths on the rocky shores. Now, many of these people are merely deceived and don't know any better. But had they not rejected the truth in the first place, they never would have been deceived by Satan's cosmic doctrines. There are those however, who know full well that what they teach is false, and they are wolves in sheep's clothing. 2 Corinthians 11:14 'And no wonder, for even Satan disquises himself as an angel of light. [15] Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their deeds.

God wants believers to be strong in the truth. He wants believers to stand in the gap and proclaim to the world, the absolute and uncompromising Gospel of Christ. There can be no compromise. Some will listen. Many will not. So be it.
Amen, brother.

Acts 20

25"Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.[a] Be shepherds of the church of God,[b] which he bought with his own blood. 29I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM

696 posts, read 765,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airō View Post

(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs512.ash1/30224_120728934630166_100000791813437_98094_302526 4_n.jpg - broken link)

We will never coexist with the world. It wants us to, but that is because it does not want Christ. It claims to have love, it claims understanding, it even claims Him, but it will be cast out to that which it deserves.

God will not torment the world and those in it. They will torment themselves. But Stephen spoke rightly of the false believers....

Acts 7:51 "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become betrayers and murderers, who have recieved the law by the direction of the angels and have not kept it."

False believers will take their place among those who cast stones, being full of lies and deceit. Claiming truth their minds are full of their own thoughts and seek the destruction of His children. Clawing with their nails and gnashing their teeth they spew words and doctrines of demons claiming salvation for all, not having salvation for themselves. Jesus proclaims their deceit...

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them bu their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and throw into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

It is not a matter of belief. It is not a matter of interpretation. A tree cast into fire does not come out to be replanted nor will it ever bear fruit. It is gone forever, a worthless thing of no value. Such is the fate of the false teacher.

But time yet remains. Make the choice today. Be a believer in the Most High God and claim the True Christ. Not the fabrication of fornicators, liars, murders, and thieves claiming a God not their own. For the Lord has declared His intent to the world and it is not hidden. It has been revealed!

Revelation 22:14,15 Blessed are those who do His commandments, they they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

You shall not enter the gates. What a pity for the false teacher, wide open gates where God's glory shines forever, and you shall not enter.

All because you choose to coexist with a lie not of the Gospel. All because you coexist with idolatry and a false christ. All because you coexist with the murder of truth. All because you coexist with your immoral thought. All because you practiced magic and sorcery appealing to demons over Truth!

The Lord Jesus Christ calls to you and you will have no excuse false teachers. He waits for you to come to His truth and you still have time, but when your time is done you will be cut down....

Luke 13:6 He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?' But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'"

There is yet time for you to establish deep roots in Christ false teachers. For your roots are shallow and the planter need not get the axe for a soft wind can blow down the false teacher. A place is prepared for the devil and his angels. You need not go to that which is not prepared for you. But in the end your iniquity will place you in that which you have chosen and your thoughts will torment you for an eternity. Come to Truth or......

Coexist with the world.......

May the Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!

More truth from a teacher of His Truth!

YouTube - Three Reasons to Fear God - John MacArthur

Old 06-14-2010, 12:18 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,384,963 times
Airo,

People, like myself, who believe in the Restoration of All Things (universalist) believe that Christ is our ONLY hope! Universalists have been persecuted for the last 2000 years by both the Catholic and Protestant churches.

We believe that Jesus (Yeshua) took away the sins of the WHOLE world, that there is only an elect being salvaged (saved) at this time, and in the end Jesus will give His kingdom back to God after making all his enemies a footstool. He is presently busy reconciling things in HEAVEN and EARTH!

Don't you know that saints shall judge the world? Don't you know that we shall judge angels?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:29 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,576,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Airo,

People, like myself, who believe in the Restoration of All Things (universalist) believe that Christ is our ONLY hope! Universalists have been persecuted for the last 2000 years by both the Catholic and Protestant churches.

We believe that Jesus (Yeshua) took away the sins of the WHOLE world, that there is only an elect being salvaged (saved) at this time, and in the end Jesus will give His kingdom back to God after making all his enemies a footstool. He is presently busy reconciling things in HEAVEN and EARTH!

Don't you know that saints shall judge the world? Don't you know that we shall judge angels?
Not sure why I'm usually not allowed to 'Rep' anyone. There is a Rep Police in the system! Loved your post!

Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity