U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,637,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I cannot. Your questions are bias. You have my answers...take them or leave them.
Thanks Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Paul persecuted Christians. He got blinded. Jesus revealed Himself. Paul had a heart change. You could say that he hated God until Jesus revealed Himself. I don't get the big deal about your two questions.

What you posted in paragraph 2 is true for those alive on earth. Looks good to me.
So who's fault was it if Paul didn't believe before Jesus revealed Himself?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm sorry - that is simply not indicated in the Bible.
No one can tell me when the "punishment age" ends.

I can tell you where eternal punishment is. I can tell you about the lake of fire and how it torments day and night forever and ever. I can't control whether or not you believe it - but at least I can show it to you.

Why can't you tell me when the "punishment age" ends?
The punishment age is even now DRob4JC. A judgment was passed (a sentence was pronounced upon man when Adam sinned). That judgement is resulted in man now toiling and dieing. So punishment is ongoing. But the punishment is a chastisement - that means to curtail us.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But each in his own order: Christ, the firstfruit; afterward those of Christ at His coming.
1Co 15:24 Then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father, when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For it is right for Him to reign until He puts all the hostile ones under His feet; Psa. 110:1
1Co 15:26 the last hostile thing made to cease is death.
1Co 15:27 For "He subjected all things under His feet;" but when He says that all things have been subjected, it is plain that it excepts Him who has subjected all things to Him. Psa. 8:6
1Co 15:28 But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all things in all.

When all is subjected (obedient to Christ) is when that age ends and Christ will be subject to God, and then God will be all in all........
Hi Meerkat, that part you bolded in RED is the part I spoke of before as being the beginning of the 8th day.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:58 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,378,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So who's fault was it if Paul didn't believe before Jesus revealed Himself?
It wasn't anyone's fault.

Paul didn't hate God. In fact Paul was serving God the best he thought he could or knew how. Remember, he was a pharisee. Pharisees do not go around hating God while serving in the temple or the people.

When Paul was called out, by Christ Jesus, he was called for a purpose. This purpose was to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles.

It says in Romans 1 that all of creation will have no excuse as to believe or not to believe in God. Do you believe this?

Then why would one even need an excuse?

So Paul is not a good example. He was already part of Israel, who was blinded until the scales fell off, both literally, by Jesus, and figuritively, by the Spirit.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,117,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
It wasn't anyone's fault.

Paul didn't hate God. In fact Paul was serving God the best he thought he could or knew how. Remember, he was a pharisee. Pharisees do not go around hating God while serving in the temple or the people.
Yes, but Paul was hating Jesus as he was killing people. "I am Jesus, whom thou persecutest."
Paul was persecuting people, thinking he was doing a favor for God. (The religious today still do the same.)
All along, he was persecuting his God!

This is why man is the temple of God. We all have the Word in our heart, and the Kingdom. Man is holy ground to God.

Just my 2c..

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,244,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, but Paul was hating Jesus as he was killing people. "I am Jesus, whom thou persecutest."
Paul was persecuting people, thinking he was doing a favor for God. (The religious today still do the same.)

This is why man is the temple of God. We all have the Word in our heart, and the Kingdom. Man is holy ground to God.

Just my 2c..

Blessings,
brian
"This is why man is the temple of God."...All...?

"We all have the Word in our heart."...Really?...hummmm....

..."...and the Kingdom."........oh really...?...All..?

"Man is holy ground to God.".....you don't say...are you serious...?

Proof please a higherway...back up these statements with Scripture...prove what you just taught truth seeking hearts is true.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,117,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
"This is why man is the temple of God."...All...?

"We all have the Word in our heart."...Really?...hummmm....

..."...and the Kingdom."........oh really...?...All..?

"Man is holy ground to God.".....you don't say...are you serious...?

Proof please a higherway...back up these statements with Scripture...prove what you just taught truth seeking hearts is true.
Hi Verna,
the proof you seek is in your heart! The Kingdom of God is within you. That means me and you, brother!

blessings,
brian

Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,378,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
But, at the same time, persecution out of ignorance is not the same as hating God. You are right. People even today do this, and have been doing horrible things in the Name of God since God revealed Himself to man all those thousands of years ago. It doesn't mean they hate Him though.

Quote:
This is why man is the temple of God.
Not ALL men are the temple of God. Those who ARE IN Christ, are being built up, day by day. Those who are not, are using their bodies as temple for the gods of this world. There is no love in their hearts, and there is no love for God nor His Son. Big difference.

Quote:
We all have the Word in our heart, and the Kingdom.
And the Word is? If we all have it, then there is a common trait which can be found in ALL of us, correct? What is it?

Quote:
Man is holy ground to God.
I think you have this completely backwards, IMO. Read Exodus. Read Genesis. Man is not even permitted to be in God's presense, because of the evil in his heart, and the sins he has committed against God and His Son. Man is FAR removed to be classified as 'holy ground' to God.

Only through the Son, can we even stand in the presense of our Father. Without the Son, the gulf remains forever, even to the end of ALL ages.
Quote:

Just my 2c..

Blessings,
brian
Mine as well,,,

blessings back at ya.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,761,938 times
Although what Brian said is a nice sentiment, I have to agree with what HotinAZ said. We are but filthy rags, and unless we have Christ ruling in us then there is no good in man that would allow us in God's presence. I wish it were true, but it's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity