U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 01:02 PM

26,293 posts, read 14,159,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
another question then.

Do you believe god will reveal himself to everyone?
Y or n
y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:11 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,571,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Yes, it is called "SIN".....
I will go further - it's the carnal nature. This differentiates us from just what we do - it's deeper than our actions.

This is why I debate so with the "keeping of the law" crowd - we have to be changed from one nature (ours) to another (His) - because the problem's not gone until the seed is dead. This "dying to self" is hammered on by first Jesus, then Paul, and finally in John's epistles.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:48 PM

26,293 posts, read 14,159,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Although what Brian said is a nice sentiment, I have to agree with what HotinAZ said. We are but filthy rags, and unless we have Christ ruling in us then there is no good in man that would allow us in God's presence. I wish it were true, but it's not.
This is correct. So what happens after one dies where all of a sudden people who did not believe on earth would be allowed in God's presence?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,402,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is correct. So what happens after one dies where all of a sudden people who did not believe on earth would be allowed in God's presence?
"For he who has died has been freed from sin." Romans 6:7

If you are dead, you have been paid the wages for your sinful works.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
"For he who has died has been freed from sin." Romans 6:7

If you are dead, you have been paid the wages for your sinful works.
I believe Paul was referring to dying to self, there.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:42 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,117,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't understand this idea that God cannot be in the presence of sin. I read in Job that satan presented himself before the Lord, together with the sons of God.
I also see that Jesus was touched by many sinners, and never complained a bit. Actually, it was the religious who complained!

Jesus has the keys to death and hell. I believe He'll be using those keys..

blessings,
brian

Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,244,747 times
[quote=Verna Perry;14625113]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
"This is why man is the temple of God."...All...?

"We all have the Word in our heart."...Really?...hummmm....

..."...and the Kingdom."........oh really...?...All..?

"Man is holy ground to God.".....you don't say...are you serious...?

Proof please a higherway...back up these statements with Scripture...prove what you just taught truth seeking hearts is true.[/quote]

Dancing a little side step...?....so, show me the proof...in Scripture...still waiting...

.......not found any scriptures yet to support your "opinions"...? ...Brian...?

Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't understand this idea that God cannot be in the presence of sin. I read in Job that satan presented himself before the Lord, together with the sons of God.
I also see that Jesus was touched by many sinners, and never complained a bit. Actually, it was the religious who complained!

blessings,
brian
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Mat 7:22-23)

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Rev 21:27)

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (Rev 22:15)

This is the carnal nature in all of us. The dividing of soul and spirit is what is required.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:18 PM

964 posts, read 718,113 times
Quote:

blessings,
brian
Yeah, I don't get it either. This is one of their(ET'ers) main arguments too.

Just thought I'd throw this out there because it reminds me of the 'religious' people who are having such a problem with God being able to save all.

“What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work in the vineyard today.’ And he answered, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he changed his mind and went. And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, ‘I go, sir,’ but did not go. Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you….”
—Matthew 21:28-31

First son = not religious
Second son = religious type who serves God with mouth but not actions.

Look, who is going to be in His presence before the religious make it?

IRONIC.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:30 PM

30,290 posts, read 20,031,205 times
Quote:

blessings,
brian
I agree , orthodox christianity uses this argument to keep the weak in bondage to sin and in fear of God(and the devil). The son of God even had a woman with an issue of blood touch him . It's not the healthy(there are plenty on this forum that believe they are) who need a physician but the sick.

What's worse is they think being healthy is believing all the right doctrines . You couldn't make it it .

Last edited by pcamps; 06-15-2010 at 04:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity