U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 PM

580 posts, read 632,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Jhn 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Rom 3:10-12
As it is written:
"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."
Just adding...

John 6:44 "No one can come to me (Jesus) unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 11:27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
No human decisions in the scriptures above, no will of man.
God is Spirit, the Spirit draws a person to Christ and Christ chooses to reveal the Father.
Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus begins our faith and perfects our faith. Not ourselves.
How could we remain in Him without faith?
The same faith Jesus begins and continues in us to remain in Him.

God Bless,
Mercy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Oh trust me pcamps, I know we somehow serve different gods. I have known this for some time. You serve the one masquerading as an angel of light. When Maitreya appears, the Universalists will embrace him as the second coming. He preaches what you preach.

YouTube - MAITREYA Star CNN Commercial LOOK FOR HIS RETURN!!!! 2ND COMING!!
HotinAZ,

They have been talking about Maitreya for a LONG time. If you say people that believe in the Restoration of All are into any of this, well, I'm not, so.....

Somebody is always popping up claiming to be some sort of messiah.

Oh, well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
LOL it just shows how little you understand God... God is the only true God thus all God ARE God! There are no other gods beside him! Call him Fred if you want it will still be the same God.... What you and I think of him doesn't really matter does it? Aren't you interested in searching out the one true God?

The other thing is that I am not a futurist so I would have no problem not recognizing any return of Christ....

Old 06-17-2010, 03:54 AM

30,167 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Quote:
Oh trust me pcamps, I know we somehow serve different gods. I have known this for some time. You serve the one masquerading as an angel of light. When Maitreya appears, the Universalists will embrace him as the second coming. He preaches what you preach.
Trust me HotinAZ othodox christianity has already deceived it's followers and they have already gone after it's false god , the bible, they bow down and worship just like the jews did and yet Jesus said they were white wash tombs .

You see Jesus said "believe on Him" , not believe a bunch of doctrines from a bible and then question everybody's else faith by what you believe

It's not what you believe , it's who you have believed upon , then the rest takes care of itself if you really do trust Him(i happen to believe He is faithful to His word to us).

The scriptures testify of Jesus .

Stay cool in AZ

Old 06-17-2010, 05:40 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,628,309 times
Quote:
Yep, until it is BAKED, and then it is too late. Once you have received the knowledge of the Truth and then have fallen away, there is no longer any repentence, because you crucify the Son of God again and again.
Repentence is to turn from your evil ways in order to receive forgiveness. Now, it is correct that once you turn away there is no longer any repentence. However, that only means you are not forgiven for that offense and must therefore PAY for it. We can look at the verses that clearly give us an example of one that didn't turn from their evil ways which is in the parable of the unforgiving servant. But that unforgiving servant at no point forgave those that owed him. So what happened? - he was only tormented UNTIL he payed all that was owed. It is ETers and annhilationist that will have us to believe that God is unjust and that the unforgiving servant is tormented for the rest of eternity. (That is just NOT what it the parable shows).

But if you believe that the unrepentant and evil people will be tormented and annhilated for the rest of eternity then can you show how the unforgiving servant parable shows that?

Old 06-17-2010, 06:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
Quote:
This is why the continuing unrepentant sinners flock to those churches. Why should they repent? They are saved already, right???
It seems that more are "flocking" to churches that preach condemnation and wrath.
Salvation is God's revealing Himself to individuals, and happens when He chooses, not us. Reconciliation has already happened, on the cross.

Just what I'm seeing today..

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-17-2010, 07:21 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,372,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It seems that more are "flocking" to churches that preach condemnation and wrath.
Underlined is wrong. The new mega churches don't preach sin, punishment, wrath etc. They are feel good 'get blessed(rich) now' churches.

Quote:
Salvation is God's revealing Himself to individuals, and happens when He chooses, not us. Reconciliation has already happened, on the cross.
The path of reconciliation IS the cross. Jesus is the WAY, and it isn't 'broad', but rather, narrow.

YouTube - Are All Men saved AKA Universalism/Universal Salvation?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:44 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
Quote:
Underlined is wrong. The new mega churches don't preach sin, punishment, wrath etc. They are feel good 'get blessed(rich) now' churches.

The path of reconciliation IS the cross. Jesus is the WAY, and it isn't 'broad', but rather, narrow.

YouTube - Are All Men saved AKA Universalism/Universal Salvation?
Hi HotinAZ,
I think you misunderstand what I posted.
Jesus Christ IS the only way.
Whether you get "in" or not is GOD's work, not yours. NO MAN can come unto me, EXCEPT THE FATHER DRAW HIM.
Jesus explained to his disciples that it is GOD who blinds, it is GOD who makes us to see. The Shepherd finds the sheep, not vice versa. The potter molds the clay, not the other way around.

As for Jesus being the only way, I'm with you on that!

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,372,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi HotinAZ,
I think you misunderstand what I posted.
Jesus Christ IS the only way.
Whether you get "in" or not is GOD's work, not yours. NO MAN can come unto me, EXCEPT THE FATHER DRAW HIM.
Jesus explained to his disciples that it is GOD who blinds, it is GOD who makes us to see. The Shepherd finds the sheep, not vice versa. The potter molds the clay, not the other way around.

As for Jesus being the only way, I'm with you on that!

Blessings,
brian
Cool, then let us move on to the next question.

Do you believe the soul is immortal?

And I will address this when I get home in a few hours with scripture, that it is NOT.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:16 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Cool, then let us move on to the next question.

Do you believe the soul is immortal?

And I will address this when I get home in a few hours with scripture, that it is NOT.
I know you didn't address this to me, but most Universalists (Biblical) do NOT believe the soul is immortal.

Last edited by herefornow; 06-17-2010 at 11:35 AM..

Old 06-17-2010, 11:36 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
So, if most of the early Christians in the first few hundred years were Universalists, then does it make them right? Wide is the road which LEADS to destruction. In anyone is in the majority, then it is time to WATCH OUT!! LOL.

It makes you wrong when you say that Christian universalism is a new religion. And seeing that ET didnt become the orthodox dogma until four hundred years after Christ, it shows that ET is the impostor doctrine, the cunningly conceived fable which evil men who had crept in unawares brought into the Christian faith when Rome made Christianity the state religion. Christianity was a peaceful and happy religion until that time, then it became a war mongering murderous and diabolical farce because of which the dark ages came about. Christians began torturing and murdering anyone deemed an heretic or heathen by the state, and the next thing you know they began destroying the infrastructure of the old roman empire and causing education to be illegal.

One who studies the history of the church can plainly see who and what was responsible for Christianity becoming a hot bed for evil during those times. And you defend the very thing that Caused it.

So be it ... Enjoy your religion of violence and hate while you still can.

Selah ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity