U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:44 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,206,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
And there is a word for your type of reasoning. Delusional.

Get rid of the sin, and your conscience will be cleansed. Then you won't have to worry about how hot the fire is.

Nice you deleted calling me a liar, but I saw it none the less. But I take what the Word of God revealed says, not any mere man, lest he be called out on what he preaches and it lines up with the WHOLE of scripture and not taken completely out of context to suit a doctrine.

You see, this is what those nutjobs in Topeka do. They use scripture to slander and discriminate against gays, even to the point of hatred.

The only difference between what you preach and what they preach is the message. But neither is the Truth.
I did not delete that post ... I double posted and deleted the double. The original post is still there ...

You fail to understand the greatest truth of all, that God will have all to be saved and come to a full knowledge of the truth in Christ. You believe God and Christ are failures, that they cannot accomplish what they desire. You are the one who is delusional. Don't you discriminate against homosexuals when you believe they will be tortured for ever? And against anyone of any faith other than the one in which you believe? Most of humanity in fact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 08:20 PM

30,275 posts, read 20,017,000 times
Quote:

Get rid of the sin, and your conscience will be cleansed. Then you won't have to worry about how hot the fire is.
HotinAZ Get rid of sin ????????? and your conscience will be cleansed.

It's the blood of Christ that cleanses our conscience and thus enables us to serve Him with a clear conscience.Hebrews 9 verse 14.

It's quite amazing how orthodox christianity has the gospel back to front .

It's a clear conscience that gets rid of sin , not rid ourselves of sin to get a clear conscience.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:56 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,376,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
HotinAZ Get rid of sin ????????? and your conscience will be cleansed.

It's the blood of Christ that cleanses our conscience and thus enables us to serve Him with a clear conscience.Hebrews 9 verse 14.

It's quite amazing how orthodox christianity has the gospel back to front .

It's a clear conscience that gets rid of sin , not rid ourselves of sin to get a clear conscience.

Duh.

Get rid of the sin. I am not talking about past sins that have been frogiven by the blood of the Lamb. I am talking about those people do DAILY, while claiming to be perfect. You know, the act of REPENTANCE!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Duh.

Get rid of the sin. I am not talking about past sins that have been frogiven by the blood of the Lamb. I am talking about those people do DAILY, while claiming to be perfect. You know, the act of REPENTANCE!
Who is claiming to be perfect ?

Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,115,319 times
Hi HotinAZ,
Personally, I don't have a "specific" stance on the immortality of the soul. I suppose I would tend to say that Jesus brought immortality, and at any rate, it is always HE who does the giving, anyway.
My post was only to clarify that I do not deny that Jesus is the only Way. I do however disagree with the idea that man can "come to God" on his own. In my personal experience, I now understand that it is only GOD who saves man, and we are only the clay. Natural man cannot understand God. Salvation just isn't in his mind.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-17-2010, 11:35 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,376,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi HotinAZ,
Personally, I don't have a "specific" stance on the immortality of the soul. I suppose I would tend to say that Jesus brought immortality, and at any rate, it is always HE who does the giving, anyway.
My post was only to clarify that I do not deny that Jesus is the only Way. I do however disagree with the idea that man can "come to God" on his own. In my personal experience, I now understand that it is only GOD who saves man, and we are only the clay. Natural man cannot understand God. Salvation just isn't in his mind.

Blessings,
brian
Every person entertains the thoughts about this life and beyond. That is the imprint. Else they are nothing but beasts and animals.

God draws, man decides. It has been this way since the very beginning.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,384,963 times
Quote:
Every person entertains the thoughts about this life and beyond. That is the imprint.

Hmmmm.......First the Borg, and now Imprint. Too much sci-fi, eh?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,206,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Hmmmm.......First the Borg, and now Imprint. Too much sci-fi, eh?
lol ...

Old 06-18-2010, 06:38 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,635,039 times
Quote:
Every person entertains the thoughts about this life and beyond. That is the imprint. Else they are nothing but beasts and animals.

God draws, man decides. It has been this way since the very beginning.
HotinAZ, man of himself only knows to be carnal. God gave the Israelites the mission to choose Him in the old testatment and PROVED that they couldn't and wouldn't. Therefore, a deliverer was sent to remove their carnal heart and give them a new heart that COULD and WOULD choose God. But if you think that means it is of our credit that we chose God then your mistaken.

To believe that we choose God of our own will - is to ROB God of His Glory.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
HotinAZ, man of himself only knows to be carnal. God gave the Israelites the mission to choose Him in the old testatment and PROVED that they couldn't and wouldn't. Therefore, a deliverer was sent to remove their carnal heart and give them a new heart that COULD and WOULD choose God. But if you think that means it is of our credit that we chose God then your mistaken.

To believe that we choose God of our own will - is to ROB God of His Glory.
trettep this was exactly what i thought when i read that post.

This "I chose" gospel is the root problem of orthodox christianity , and the reason why they have to defend eternal torment and annihilation , because if they believe according to the scriptures that "He chose us" , there's nothing to defend apart from He chose us.
I personally cannot understand how someone can have peace with God by believing "I chose Him".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity