U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 01:02 AM

26,246 posts, read 14,124,700 times

Advertisements

In the "Can you trust the Bible" thread - Ironmaw dug up Matt. 25:46 in the Young's Literal Translation and Weymouth's translation where eternal punishment is translated "punishment age". So I am using the term for his and other's benefit in discussing this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:22 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm sorry - that is simply not indicated in the Bible.
No one can tell me when the "punishment age" ends.

I can tell you where eternal punishment is. I can tell you about the lake of fire and how it torments day and night forever and ever. I can't control whether or not you believe it - but at least I can show it to you.

Why can't you tell me when the "punishment age" ends?
Why cant you tell me when Jesus will come Back? Or when God will create the new heavens and the new earth?

As far as for ever and ever? How many evers are there anyway?

Then phrase "aionos ton aionion" is mistranslated as "for ever and ever". But both "aionas" and "aionon" are plural forms of the word "aion" ... It means "ages of ages". If it really meant "for ever and ever" it would have to be translated "for evers and evers". How many evers are there Exactly?

And the words "aionas" and "aionon" are plural nouns, yet they are translated with an adverb("ever"). And "ton" means "of", not "and" ... Translating "aionas ton aionon" with "for ever and ever" is in every sense an incorrect and improper translation of the original Greek.

You rely on improper translations and say you can point where the bible says that eternal torment or the lake of fire is for ever.

Christ said those who sin but do not know the truth will be beaten with few stripes, but those who know the truth and sin against that which they know shall be beaten with many stripes. The punishment will fit the crime, and the suffering will not be the same for all, as you would have us believe by your quoting of bad translations of the scripture.

The bible is not specific on many things, just because we don't know specifically a time frame or the duration of a given age does not mean that such an age will last for ever, in fact the scriptures speak of the end of the ages, the fullness of times when God will be all in all. Yet you would have us believe Most people will for ever be separated from God so that he will never be all in all.

The fact is you want to believe in hell and ET at this time so you cannot receive the truth of UR.

But the scriptures do not teach ET in the original languages, only the mistranslations you prefer do. According to the scriptures the wrath of God will not endure, but his mercies will. According to the scriptures God will not cast off forever, but you teach that he will ...

The false Doctrine of ET is believed by those ignorant of the original Greek and Hebrew scriptures and who are brainwashed by the traditions of men introduced into Christianity as orthodox dogma after Rome made Christianity the state religion. It is a fear tactic used to control the masses and subdue independent thinking and the questioning of the traditions of men which was established by evil war mongering false prophets.

Christ says to love your enemy and not to return evil for evil, yet you teach that God will eternally return evil for evil. Your teaching is diametrically opposed to the true Gospel of Christ and his 100% victory over all the works of the devil. You believe evil and sin and the works of the devil will not only exist for ever, but that they will be victorious over Christs work on the cross throughout most of creation. The doctrine of ET is the single greatest diabolical lie to ever have been taught and used to deceive the masses into fearing the established traditional religions of men.

Get over the cunningly devised fable that ET is, and rejoice that God in Christ will in fact have all people saved as the scriptures teach.

Resistance is futile ...

Selah ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-15-2010 at 02:05 AM..

Old 06-15-2010, 01:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,239,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob4jc View Post
in the "can you trust the bible" thread - ironmaw dug up matt. 25:46 in the young's literal translation and weymouth's translation where eternal punishment is translated "punishment age". So i am using the term for his and other's benefit in discussing this issue.
ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!....priceless!!!!....~~~!!!...DR ob4jc...you pulled a fast one on them!...

Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!....priceless!!!!....~~~!!!...DR ob4jc...you pulled a fast one on them!...

I don't get the joke.......

Old 06-15-2010, 01:56 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't get the joke.......
Though she will not admit it, the thought that God will not save all people pleases her.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:57 AM

3,580 posts, read 455,932 times
Quote:
I'm sorry - that is simply not indicated in the Bible.
No one can tell me when the "punishment age" ends.

I can tell you where eternal punishment is. I can tell you about the lake of fire and how it torments day and night forever and ever. I can't control whether or not you believe it - but at least I can show it to you.

Why can't you tell me when the "punishment age" ends?
1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But each in his own order: Christ, the firstfruit; afterward those of Christ at His coming.
1Co 15:24 Then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father, when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For it is right for Him to reign until He puts all the hostile ones under His feet; Psa. 110:1
1Co 15:26 the last hostile thing made to cease is death.
1Co 15:27 For "He subjected all things under His feet;" but when He says that all things have been subjected, it is plain that it excepts Him who has subjected all things to Him. Psa. 8:6
1Co 15:28 But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all things in all.

When all is subjected (obedient to Christ) is when that age ends and Christ will be subject to God, and then God will be all in all........

Old 06-15-2010, 02:37 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,394,235 times
Quote:
In the "Can you trust the Bible" thread - Ironmaw dug up Matt. 25:46 in the Young's Literal Translation and Weymouth's translation where eternal punishment is translated "punishment age". So I am using the term for his and other's benefit in discussing this issue.
I must have missed that post. Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:47 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,960 times
Personally, I don't see where DRob4JC and Ironmaw1776 are in disagreement!

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 AM

3,580 posts, read 455,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Personally, I don't see where DRob4JC and Ironmaw1776 are in disagreement!

Blessings,
brian
Ironmaw says no eternal torment - DRob4JC says eternal punishment, no end to the punishment, in a lake of fire

Old 06-15-2010, 06:34 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,632,775 times
Quote:
1. Y
2. Y - after God has revealed Himself - see Paul Acts 9
3. N - He chooses to whom He will reveal Himself.
Another question then.

Do you believe God will reveal Himself to everyone?
Y or N
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity