Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times

Advertisements

Who crucified Christ?
Think about it.
What TYPE of person?
SELF-righteous. those obsessed with the law and missing the whole meaning behind it, those who had something to lose (their special status), those who claimed Christ had demons.

“Crucify Him!” the people cried.
Throughout His ministry, Jesus had told them the truth.
Such was their blindness and hardness of heart that, when God came to them, they did not know Him.

This is the carnality that is on the wide path of destruction. This is the carnality that will not survive God's refining fire. These same types of character traits are alive and well in carnal man today. History repeats itself. Look around and figure out which character you are dealing with. Christ was crucified by carnal man. Sadly, so many today are doing JUST THAT. Crucifying Christ's character. Attributing things of evil to Him. Proclaiming to the world that God will turn His back on His very own creation. That God will turn HIS back on the very creation that HE subjected to futility.... That God will turn away the soul that so desperately just wants to be loved but doesn't understand what love is yet.

What happened back those years ago... applies today.
It plays out over and over and over with each generation.
God's talking to us THROUGH each other.
Moderator cut: edit

just a thought.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-13-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: "which character are youy playing" was taken out as an insult and possible derailment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 04:21 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Who dies perfect?

I've known a few saints who passed into the next life, and though they followed Him with all their hearts, they were not spotless - and they knew it.

(Unlike some on this forum.)
The Word declares that we are to be without spot or blemish; that's purification, which takes place before one dies.

Eph. 5
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
[27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

It takes the power of the Holy Ghost to iron out the wrinkles in our garments; yet, so many reject the fire of God, which is received just like on the Day of Pentecost; there's no other way. When the Holy Ghost comes upon a person, He's ready to get those spots removed and the wrinkles ironed out. I am not saying that people have not necessarily been born again, but I am saying that they have limited God; therefore, all the spots can't be removed from their garments.

Psalm 78:41 - Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

The church is doing the same thing as Israel! We need to seek the Holy Ghost long before we can be led into all truth. Without Him, our lamps have no oil. We are blind!

Old 06-13-2010, 04:29 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Now if the Carnal mind is enmity against God (which means the Carnal mind HATES God) and cannot be subject to the law of God then can't you see that the sinner has NO Power to become righteous and will NOT seek God. Something that HATES God will not SEEK God. So how it is that a carnal sinner can seek God? - Obviously it must be God giving them a NEW Heart which is exactly what God does:
God draws the sinner with His Holy Spirit, but it's up to the sinner to accept the invitation. Once the sinner accepts the invitation, the purification begins. However, if the sinner rejects the invitation enough times, he will eventually die and pay for his own sin for eternity; there's no purification after death.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Who crucified Christ?
Think about it.
What TYPE of person?
SELF-righteous. those obsessed with the law and missing the whole meaning behind it, those who had something to lose (their special status), those who claimed Christ had demons.

“Crucify Him!” the people cried.
Throughout His ministry, Jesus had told them the truth.
Such was their blindness and hardness of heart that, when God came to them, they did not know Him.

This is the carnality that is on the wide path of destruction. This is the carnality that will not survive God's refining fire. These same types of character traits are alive and well in carnal man today. History repeats itself. Look around and figure out which character you are dealing with. Christ was crucified by carnal man. Sadly, so many today are doing JUST THAT. Crucifying Christ's character. Attributing things of evil to Him. Proclaiming to the world that God will turn His back on His very own creation. That God will turn HIS back on the very creation that HE subjected to futility.... That God will turn away the soul that so desperately just wants to be loved but doesn't understand what love is yet.

What happened back those years ago... applies today.
It plays out over and over and over with each generation.
God's talking to us THROUGH each other.Moderator cut: edit

Sparrow do you really believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross only for the sins of the self-righteous man/woman?

Or did Christ died for the sins of the whole world, yours, mine and everybody past, present and future sins ?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-13-2010 at 08:05 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 05:35 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

Sparrow do you really believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross only for the sins of the self-righteous man/woman?

Or did Christ died for the sins of the whole world, yours, mine and everybody past, present and future sins ?
I believe that Sparrow's point was that the self righteous crucified Jesus -- she did not say that Jesus died only for the self righteous (she believes that Jesus died for all) the same as you and I do

Old 06-13-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Latte Chic, I believe you have missed the point of my post. But regardless, I can't figure out how on earth you arrived at the conclusion that I believe Jesus died on the cross only for the sins of the self-righteous man/woman? Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'll just assume you misunderstood what I wrote and you are not trying to put words in my mouth... I have said time and time and time again... that Jesus Christ is the saviour of the WORLD.
peace,
sparrow

By the way, getting back to the original topic of my post, I believe I have played several different roles so far in my journey. I tried on the pharisee shoes (well, maybe just one shoe) at one point and that's what drove me further away from that type of mindset, actually feeling what it was like and what it did to my spirit. Doubting Thomas... mmmm hmmm. Being a doubting Thomas caused me to delve deeper and deeper and tear things apart that didn't seem right. Lots of folks all around us on our journeys. After awhile, you get to see where other folks are coming from and why they believe the things they do. And you also see more and more bits of yourself in all of the different people that Jesus encountered. The art of life is realizing which people are being destroyed within you. His refining fire is beautiful and a good thing.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I believe that Sparrow's point was that the self righteous crucified Jesus -- she did not say that Jesus died only for the self righteous (she believes that Jesus died for all) the same as you and I do
Thank you friend. That is a correct assessment.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: orphaned

She was only trying to help you understand what I was saying.
We are friends and have talked at great length about our beliefs in the past. So she KNOWS that I believe that Christ is the saviour of the WORLD.
peace,
sparrow

Last edited by june 7th; 06-13-2010 at 07:08 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 05:44 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Thank you friend. That is a correct assessment.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:08 PM

696 posts, read 915,380 times
The original post so misses the mark. As is usual of the false teacher it selectively quotes what it chooses to represent its view and ignores the rest of the content. As is typical the false teacher uses versus 3:1-4, ignoring the rest.

Malachi 3:5 "And I will come near you for judgement; I will be a swift witness Against Sorcerers, Against Adulterers, Against Perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien-- Because they do not fear Me," Says the Lord of hosts.

When facing a false teachering more often then not you can know it is false by its obvious selective quotations. It often fails to encompass the whole word. Here we see the condemnations of the false teacher specifically. Those who have no fear of God who perjure themselves claiming the are of Him, but in reality are of the world. They speak in the court of God at this very moment under oath lies and words not of Him. Their judgement is coming.

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob."

The LORD affirms He will not change His plans for He does not change. He does not look upon sin nor will he accept those found to be in sin. Unrepentant unbelieveing man to include the false teachers of false truths.

Malachi 3:7 "Yet from the days of your fathers You have gone away from My ordinances And have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you," Says the Lord of hosts. "But you said, 'In what way shall we return?'

Those God condemned feigned innocence and being right with God. They did not recognize their sin or refused to accept it. They clung to their concepts and their false teachings. Claiming to be of God, they were trapped in their own lie.

Malachi 3:8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, "In what way have we robbed you?' In tithes and offerings.

9 you are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation.

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house,

Now of course this speaks to those who do not give what God is rightly due. It also speaks to those who claim what God his not claimed. Those who speak of love, but deny His Holiness and Justice rob God. The Jews feigned ignorance of this crime and now so do their Gentile brothers. You false teachers are robbers of God's House.

The believer need not argue with the false teacher. When the false teacher selectively quotes and ignores the rest simply give them the rest of scripture. Of course most will deny it, but there might be a few the Holy Spirit convicts of their guilt. Never doubt the power of God to move in the heart of an unbeliever and a false teacher.

Those who teach a false gospel are robbers in the House of God. They deny their offense to their own peril. The Jews did it in Malachi 3 and the false claims of a false teacher have manifested themselves in their own words in this thread to their own conviction. Malachi 3 has nothing to do with repentence after one has died, but it is everything to do with those who pervert God's word robbing Him of His glory!

There is yet time to repent. Or you can continue to rob the scripture of Truth!

May the Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity