U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:14 AM

115 posts, read 110,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Only Sabbath Keepers can get to heaven, this is a major White teaching.
Nope. Many will be saved who never even heard of the Sabbath. OTOH, the Bible says:

KJV Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Part of that verse echoes the 4th commandment--i.e., near the end of time the Sabbath will be the test question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 PM

223 posts, read 247,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconklin View Post
Nope. Many will be saved who never even heard of the Sabbath. OTOH, the Bible says:

KJV Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Part of that verse echoes the 4th commandment--i.e., near the end of time the Sabbath will be the test question.
"near the end of time the Sabbath will be the test question"

PROVE IT !! PROVE IT!! PROVE IT!! PROPHET CONK.

IF YOU WON'T SHOW PROOF I WILL!!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:54 PM

I just gave you the verse--do try to read before posting.

Why didn't you show what you had?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:

BY: DJ
"near the end of time the Sabbath will be the test question"

Nowhere in REVELATION does it say that!! No person here has seen it!! if they did, they would be SABBATH KEEPERS too!!

You got that belief from EGW books!! NOT from the Bible!!

Your Bible quote from Revelation is your assumption!!

Now, be a good christian/citizen and get the quote from EGW book!!

Plz don't let us think you're ashamed of her writings after all these yrs?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:

What is the the greatest of the TEN commandments?

This question is to DJ conklin first and then others can answer.

The answer by Mr DJconklin will amaze you all!

I say he won't answer the question because he is ashamed and afraid people will laugh at him.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Here is what i have!! I give book and page!!

You got the teaching from EGW NOT the BIBLE!!
By: EGW [SDA prophet]

"The Sabbath will be the great test of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. When the final test shall be brought to bear upon men, then the line of distinction will be drawn between those who serve God and those who serve Him not. While the observance of the false Sabbath in compliance with the law of the state, contrary to the fourth commandment, will be an avowal of allegiance to a power that is in opposition to God, the keeping of the true Sabbath, in obedience to God's law, is an evidence of loyalty to the Creator. While one class, by accepting the sign of submission to earthly powers, receive the mark of the beast, the other choosing the token of allegiance to divine authority, receive the seal of God "(The Great Controversy, 1950, p. 605).

Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Nowhere in REVELATION does it say that!!

When does this take place?

Quote:
You got the teaching from EGW NOT the BIBLE!!
The book of Revelation was written by the apostle John, not EGW.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 1,945,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
I was NOT there when GOD made it in 6 days. God does NOT count 24 hrs to the day!!

Moses said GOD made it in six days. I believe that!! YES!

Let me ask you this:
If GOD made something HOLY, how long is it HOLY FOR??
Do you believe that the word of God (the Holy Bible) is the inspired infallible word of the Living God?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:25 PM

365 posts, read 424,433 times
When the High Priest went within the veil on the Day of Atonement, he ministered the atoning blood immediately. In the same way, when Jesus entered the presence of God with his blood (Col. 3:1; Heb. 1:3; 8:1; 12:2), atonement had been made, once and for all.

Jesus did not take his blood in to make atonement; he took his blood in as a sign that atonement had been made. He went in 'having obtained eternal redemption.' 'He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption' (Heb. 9:12 NIV. See also RSV).

The Investigative Judgement, as taught in the SDA fundamental beliefs, is a concept that is not only foreign to the New Testament, it is contrary to the gospel which teaches that we pass from death to life the moment we put our faith in the Lord (John 5:24).

Old 06-14-2010, 07:26 PM

365 posts, read 424,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
What is the the greatest of the TEN commandments?

This question is to DJ conklin first and then others can answer.

The answer by Mr DJconklin will amaze you all!

I say he won't answer the question because he is ashamed and afraid people will laugh at him.
This is what Jesus said about the 10 Commandments Law:

Matthew 17:20 17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus went onto to say:.... When asked the question, "Which is the greatest commandment in the law?" He answered: "'You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this:'You must love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets." (Matt. 22:35-40, NW)

Then one of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." (NIV, Mark 12:28-31).

Sadly many people focus only on keeping the law and neglecting to love others. They are phony and impostor Christians.

Remember.... There is no commandment greater than these.. love God and love others.

But to genuinely love God and others, a person need to fall in love with Jesus and place faith and trust in Jesus and be born again. Then God writes His law and love on your heart.

Those who claim to love the Law, yet do not love others, have never been genuinely saved and born again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity