Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:08 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times

Advertisements

They won't tell you that they consider themselves to be the only, true, remnant Church. Their prophetess, Ellen G. White, whom they revere and believe without question has told them that

"...Satan has taken full possession of the Churches". (Spiritual Gifts V.l,p.189-90) They also believe our prayers are an "abomination" to God. (Spiritual Gifts, V1 p.190).

That is what they think of you and your church, even if they won't say it out loud in public, or to your face.

They revere their founding prophetess, Ellen G. White, and made this statement in their "Ministry" Magazine of Oct. 1981 and have never retracted it:

"We believe the revelation and inspiration of both the Bible and Ellen White's writings to be of equal quality. The superintendence of the Holy Spirit was just as careful and thorough in one case as in the other".

They won't tell you too much about Ellen G. White at their public seminars, but their goal is to bring the person attending to the point of conversion and baptism.

Their 2000 baptismal certificate poses questions to which the candidate must answer "yes". Question 8 says,

"Do you accept the biblical teaching of spiritual gifts and believe that the gift of prophecy is one of the identifying marks of the remnant church".

If the candidate says "yes" and is baptised, they soon learn that the "gift of prophecy" is Ellen G. White's writings. Point 13 has them accepting that the SDA Church is the remnant church of Bible Prophecy. They have been baptized into an exclusive group, but they don't know how exclusive it is, yet!

No doubt they will be urged to avail themselves of a "Clear Word Bible". This publication of theirs has inserted the words and doctrines of Ellen G. White right into the Bible text, insuring that the person studying it will have the mind of Ellen G. White.

All the SDA's in this area preach from and study from the Clear Word . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 09:24 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times
What is the Seal of God?

In TESTIMONIES, (Volume 8, p. 117), Mrs White says, "The seal of God is revealed in the observance of the Seventh Day Sabbath."

Only Sabbath Keepers can get to heaven, this is a major White teaching.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:47 AM

223 posts, read 303,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
What is the Seal of God?

In TESTIMONIES, (Volume 8, p. 117), Mrs White says, "The seal of God is revealed in the observance of the Seventh Day Sabbath."

Only Sabbath Keepers can get to heaven, this is a major White teaching.
SOP IS BY EGW THE SDA PROPHET OF SATAN!!

CLICK> Connecting With Jesus

CLICK> http://cwj.egwwritings.org/biography.htm

Old 06-14-2010, 01:55 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
This may be, but I find this attitude not just among SDA's but in many denominations be they Baptist, Pentcostal, Church of God, etc... they all slander the other churches and also the Roman Catholic church claims they are the TRUE church. All these names of these churches are the names of blasphemy written on the wh*re's forehead. They are all self righteous and full of confusion and division and religious bondage. Where the scripture says "Come Out of Her My People" I think that means come out of all those churches and walk with God. The Holy Spirit will teach us as we walk with Him. Real faith is when you are not allowing a man in a pulpit to stand in the place of Christ. Whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

Heartsong

Old 06-14-2010, 02:04 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This may be, but I find this attitude not just among SDA's but in many denominations be they Baptist, Pentcostal, Church of God, etc... they all slander the other churches and also the Roman Catholic church claims they are the TRUE church. All these names of these churches are the names of blasphemy written on the wh*re's forehead. They are all self righteous and full of confusion and division and religious bondage. Where the scripture says "Come Out of Her My People" I think that means come out of all those churches and walk with God. The Holy Spirit will teach us as we walk with Him. Real faith is when you are not allowing a man in a pulpit to stand in the place of Christ. Whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

Heartsong

I'll throw an "amen" at that!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
i'll throw an "amen" at that!
me too!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 AM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,187,095 times
JohnC10 and lifesigns64,
Do you believe God created the heavens and the earth in six days, consisting of 24 hours? Or do you believe in evolution?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
JohnC10 and lifesigns64,
Do you believe God created the heavens and the earth in six days, consisting of 24 hours? Or do you believe in evolution?

I was NOT there when GOD made it in 6 days. God does NOT count 24 hrs to the day!!

Moses said GOD made it in six days. I believe that!! YES!

Let me ask you this:
If GOD made something HOLY, how long is it HOLY FOR??

Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 AM

117 posts, read 136,784 times
Quote:
All the SDA's in this area preach from and study from the Clear Word . . .
What a hoot! Most SDA don't even own a copy! I never have and never will. never even heard of it till one of the critics brought it up.

---

When they lie to you about such simple things like this why should you trust them on anything else? Would you trust a proven liar to do your taxes, fix your computer or car? Of course not. So, why should you trust them with your eternal destiny? Jesus said, "The truth shall set you free." The truth does that, not lies.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:11 AM

117 posts, read 136,784 times
Quote:
If GOD made something HOLY, how long is it HOLY FOR??
KJV Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified* it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

* i.e., made holy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity