Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 02:57 PM

117 posts, read 136,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
whats your next point CONK
No one here by that name. Quite childish behavior of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 03:18 PM

365 posts, read 511,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
HERE'S MORE. BOOK AND REF GIVEN!

[CENTER][CENTER]1851[/CENTER][/CENTER]
After Christ failed to come in 1843, 1844, 1845 Joseph Bates wrote a tract in 1850 predicting that Christ would come in October 1851.

Bates believed that the Day of Atonement began Oct. 22, 1844 and would last seven years and end Oct. 1851.

The last six months, the gathering of the saints would occur. He argued all this from Leviticus 16. Here is how Bates arrived at the date for another failure.

Bates: “The seven spots of blood on the Golden Alter and before the mercy-seat, I fully believe, represents the duration of the judicial proceedings on the living saints in the Most Holy, all of which time they will be in their affliction, even seven years; God by his voice will deliver them, ‘for it is the blood that maketh the atonement for the soul’ Lev. 17:11. Then the number seven will finish the day of atonement (not redemption). The last six months of this time, I understand, Jesus will be gathering in the harvest with his sickle, on the white cloud.” The Typical and Anti-typical Sanctuary, p. 10-13, by Joseph Bates 1850.

EGW had a vision June 27, 1850 agreeing with Bates' that "time is almost finished.

EGW: In a view given June 27,1850, my accompanying angel said, “time is almost finished.” “But now time is almost finished, and what we have been years learning, they will have to learn in a few months.”
Early Writings
p. 64, 67.

SHE DIED IN 1915.

And apparently she died very distressed because Jesus never arrived and she was not able to have reached a sinless state, something which she believed a person must achieve to get saved.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djconklin View Post
Remmebr, you are a self-confessed liar. You are wrong again.
What has he said about EGW that is a lie?

Show me and all the other readers!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:47 PM

223 posts, read 303,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconklin View Post
No one here by that name. Quite childish behavior of yours.[/color][/b]
You have NO point to make?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM

223 posts, read 303,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
What has he said about EGW that is a lie?

Show me and all the other readers!
Good question!!

He is now scraching his head to make a sensible reply!

ooops... i mean laughfable comment.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Good question!!

He is now scraching his head to make a sensible reply!

ooops... i mean laughfable comment.
Well I am still waiting for their answer.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,787 times
All things posted came directly from EGW's books. Remember, if one doesn't believe in HER interpreetation of the Atonement, . . . . there is NO salvation for them . . . . . that was one thing that made me run as fast as I could.

Among other things.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
All things posted came directly from EGW's books. Remember, if one doesn't believe in HER interpreetation of the Atonement, . . . . there is NO salvation for them . . . . . that was one thing that made me run as fast as I could.

Among other things.
AMEN! And once I read and understood EGW teaching on this, I understood why so many Adventists used to tell me that non-adventists and those who leave SDA are lost... it is because EGW, their Leader, their Lord and Prophet said so!

Interestingly however...is this...what happens to all the people who the SDA fired, disfellowshipped and who they threw out of the SDA? Does that mean SDA is a type of "god" who has the power to force someone to be lost because they refuse certain people SDA membership.

So in other words... SDA claim they are the saved "remnant church" and EGW said that non-adventists cannot be saved....so what happens to the people who are forbidden SDA membership because they had been fired or disfellowshipped?

How do the SDA explain that? anyone care to tell me?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:12 PM

In addition to the above... have you noticed the similarity with SDA compared to how the Jews and Pharisee's were?

The Jews also thought their Sabbath keeping was needed to remain saved, and they also were convinced that they and only they were the special selected exclusive people of God. But look what happened to them, they were deceived by Satan.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 AM

117 posts, read 136,774 times
Quote:
And apparently she died very distressed because Jesus never arrived and she was not able to have reached a sinless state, something which she believed a person must achieve to get saved.
She did not believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity