U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 PM

197 posts, read 248,791 times

Advertisements

By the way *ANY* SDA that want's to step and ssaaayyyy provide medical evidence of consumption of pork is a causative factor in Leprosy.....DO SO.

I don't imagine y'all will touch the " decay of the head " , or the " inheritance of small waist 'cause they were laced too tight".........

Hey y'all want me to start dispensing out the passages that EGW straight-up plagiarised from others? Including Kellog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djconklin View Post
The thief on the cross was in a unique position.

SDA's believe in righteousness by faith. It is Jesus who saves us, not us by any of our works.

Bull**** , it's Works Theology at it's worst. Oh and don't run your usual " No True Scotsman" type arguement on *ME* , I *WAS* Sda , and for quite some time.

Note that *was* , so I'll say anything I damn please about SDA , not even the GC can muzzle me. Get my drift?

And SDA *IS* a cult , and the most insidious and underhanded of Hoekema's ' Big 4"...........

Yeah why don't we just rip this ALL open , from The Investigative Judgement to Soul Sleep and the same version of Hell that Russell came up with for Watchtower , to the ridiculous attempt to put all Gentiles back under the Olde Covenant and deny the Sacrifice of Christ for humanities sins that most of the rest of Christianity is built on.

Hey hows about examining the " pick and choose theology" that SDA exercises towards the aforementioned Mosaic Laws , i.e The Torah...we can assess WHY y'all chose certain ones. And don't hand me the " Spiritual Jews" line either.

And maybe you would like to open up that can of worms surrounding exactly HOW EGW got published , hhmmmmmm? And then of course WHY Preservation Publishing left Calif for Idaho , interesting labor problems they had , I mean HOW DARE those women..........

And YEAH lets get RIGHT down into the nitty griity of " The Sabbath" and the sheer hypocrisy of it all , y'all don't " Honor the Sabbath" , not in a way that would allow yourself to separate yourself from the rest of Christianity............and best look up some little items such as " The Sabbath Days Walk" prior to jumping in with me on this one.

And we could always get to the stuff y'all never trot out until ya got the newcomer well hooked. Should I toss up a few videos of guys like Batchelor and all the Big Horn , Little Horn etc.etc.etc. Yeah that oughta go across right well.

And for folks who don't know , the " Big Four " all came up within roughly the same time period and geographically not all that far from each other , they each feature an extra-Biblical " Prophet" as a controlling "authority" and mucho aberrant doctrine along with intense control of how the given adherent lives , both through doctrine and arbitrary rules , of course with added component of ****social pressure****.......

SDA............Ellen G, White

Christian Science..........Mary Baker Eddy

Watchtower ( Jehovah's Witness).................Charles Taze Russell

LDS.............Joseph Smith

Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,570,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay4hotrod View Post
Seventh Day Adventists do not believe like other religions that they will be the only ones that are saved. For example the criminal on the cross? We are saved by our admission and belief, not by our association or works. Adventists believe in the 3 Angel's message and hope everyone goes home!
No, we are not saved by our admission or our belief. We are saved by God. God is the one who does the saving. We do not save ourselves. We are saved WHEN we believe. But we do not believe until God imparts saving faith.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
No, we are not saved by our admission or our belief. We are saved by God. God is the one who does the saving. We do not save ourselves. We are saved WHEN we believe. But we do not believe until God imparts saving faith.

Really? And that squares with the 28 Fundamentals exactly HOW?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM

115 posts, read 110,495 times
>Hey y'all want me to start dispensing out the passages that EGW straight-up plagiarised from others? Including Kellog?

You're on!

Robinson, B. A. "Seventh-day Adventist Church Its origin, beliefs, practices, etc.," Retrieved and printed Nov. 17, 2010, from http://www.religioustolerance.org/sda2.htm.

He concluded (without seeing the type of study recommended by Dr. Veltman*--he looked at this: INDEX FILES on Charge of Plagiarism against E.G.White) that I had already "demonstrate[d] that there is no proof of Ellen White's plagiarism."

* In fact, Dr. Veltman proved back in 1988 that EGW was NOT a plagiarist.

I'm the only one who has done the kind of study that dr. Veltman recommended in his study.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM

115 posts, read 110,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
Bull**** , it's Works Theology at it's worst. Oh and don't run your usual " No True Scotsman" type arguement on *ME* , I *WAS* Sda , and for quite some time.

Note that *was* , so I'll say anything I damn please about SDA , not even the GC can muzzle me. Get my drift?
We don't try to "muzzle" people. Your language proves that you are not saved, nor are you in a saving relationship with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity