U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 04:21 AM

26,248 posts, read 13,915,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
RICHARD?? You didn't answer my comments ON topic I MADE A FEW??? I merely cause of the time of year KNOW YOU GET MY POINT ON JESUS BIRTH YOU ARE TAUGHT THIS TIME OF YEAR. Just another comment to you left un-addressed by you. But RICHARD YOU DON'T DENY IT'S YOUR TEACING? THANKS. We learn by what points you don't deny? Cant? Or choose not to? TOO
Please, get some help with English because I can't understand what you are stating...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 05:07 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Please, get some help with English because I can't understand what you are stating...
RICHARD ..If you wish to WITNESS? SURELY BEGIN. I surely do not want to assume what religious Christian organization Group or Church teachings you wish to WITNESS HERE FOR?
YOU COULD MERELY UPHOLE THE TEACHING OF JEHOVAH BEING A ANGEL For us here? OR IS IT JESUS?
BUT THE CHRISTIAN GROUP I MENTION who do not call themselves a Church. DO NOT SAY JEHOVAH IS A ANGEL. THEY TEACH JESUS IS A ANGEL.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:02 AM

8,613 posts, read 8,614,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royer View Post
I don't quite fully understand everething because I'm very lazy, but I'm pretty sure in the later future everyone will know the truth.

It is no good being lazy.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:20 PM

16,064 posts, read 9,234,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
It is no good being lazy.
Yep.

TNK Proverbs 6:6 Lazybones, go to the ant; Study its ways and learn.
ASV Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; Consider her ways, and be wise:

Old 10-06-2014, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
RICHARD ..If you wish to WITNESS? SURELY BEGIN. I surely do not want to assume what religious Christian organization Group or Church teachings you wish to WITNESS HERE FOR?
YOU COULD MERELY UPHOLE THE TEACHING OF JEHOVAH BEING A ANGEL For us here? OR IS IT JESUS?
BUT THE CHRISTIAN GROUP I MENTION who do not call themselves a Church. DO NOT SAY JEHOVAH IS A ANGEL. THEY TEACH JESUS IS A ANGEL.
Yea, Jehovah's Witnesses...

Old 10-06-2014, 09:57 AM

1,138 posts, read 819,456 times
The word "Jehova" isn't even being pronounced correctly by the people who often use it. People who believe it's the literal name of God are completely wrong, nobody knows God's actual name, not even the people who wrote the Bible. Jehova is a English-Greek translation of YHWH which simply means "The Lord" or "I Am The Lord," it's a Title, not an actual name. It's where the song "Hallelujah" comes from. In Hebrew there are hymns called Hallels, and Ujah is pronounced as Uyah or UYWH. So it Hallelujah literally translates to "Hymns of the Lord."

Old 10-06-2014, 02:35 PM

4,053 posts, read 1,452,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
The word "Jehova" isn't even being pronounced correctly by the people who often use it. People who believe it's the literal name of God are completely wrong, nobody knows God's actual name, not even the people who wrote the Bible. Jehova is a English-Greek translation of YHWH which simply means "The Lord" or "I Am The Lord," it's a Title, not an actual name. It's where the song "Hallelujah" comes from. In Hebrew there are hymns called Hallels, and Ujah is pronounced as Uyah or UYWH. So it Hallelujah literally translates to "Hymns of the Lord."

Jesus promised to keep making his God and Fathers name known( John 17:26) the excepted name in the world for YHWH = Jehovah. Jesus' teachers make it known as well. John 4:22-24 = the correct path.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:44 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,375 times
Quote:
I totally agree. This notion we put in vowels to YHWH? AND A SACERD NAME WE HAVE? Isn't valid. Christianity didn't just evolve to saying Our Father in our prayers? From its start with the Apostles taught by Jesus and fully revealed by Jesus life, death then Resurrection. That through faith in and by Him. We too shall declare OUR FATHER Also.
Apostasy didn't create this???? Jesus nor through His Apostles declared a elite ruling class ....Them....
Were only worthy either. As Richard's Group teaches two classes of Christians?
But THEN RICHARDS Group of religious affiliation. Doesn't give any one in Churches any worthiness.
We do declare Jesus opened the door to a personal relationship to God by Holy Spirit provided. That is why OUR FATHER IN JESUS NAME IS DECLARED by Christians and very much so, sufficient

Old 10-07-2014, 12:58 AM

849 posts, read 570,743 times
Quote:
Ancient Jews would combine names with an abbreviation of God's name (theophoric names). There are basically two types: 1) Those that begin with the first 3 consonants of the Tetragrammaton (YHV or YHW) yielding names such as Yehonathan, Yehoash, Yehoshaphat, etc and pronounced with the "YEHO" sound and 2) Those names that end in yah or yahu.

If one accepts the name Jesus then one should be open to accept Jeho or Yeho as God's name because the name Jesus is a theophoric name which means Jehovah is salvation. In Hebrew it would be Yeshua which is an alternative form of YEHOshuah. Today nobody knows 100% how Jesus and his friends pronounced his name. Yet we accept Jesus or less commonly Yeshua as the Son of God's name and though the pronunciation differs it does NOT change our understanding of who Jesus was.

Consider that Strong's indicates the pronunciation is Ye Ho Wah and in the English Jehovah

Also consider that Lord, God, Almighty God etc. are titles but YHWH is the name of God not just a title and it has meaning as do many names. I personally don't have a problem with people that use Yaweh as the name of God since until recently some scholars held that view. However, it appears scholars now are indicating that God's name has three syllables not two so while Yaweh is used by some it may not be the closest of the pronunciations of God's name as some advocated in the past. (George W Buchanan, "How God's Name Was Pronounced" Biblical Archaeology Review Mar./Apr. 1995 Volume 21 Number 2; page 30. Gerard Gertoux, "The Name of God Yehowah Its Story

The Bible clearly shows God has a name, it clearly shows that it was and is important to use (respectfully of course) as found in John 17:6, John 12:28, John 17:26, Romans 2:24, Acts 15: 14-17 and that it was important enough to Jesus to not only use it but include the following first and foremost as part of the Lord's Prayer found in Matthew 6:9 with the opening of, "Our Father in the heavens let your name be sanctified..."

Old 10-07-2014, 02:39 AM

Quote:
The second part, Yah, is a shortened form of YHWH, the name for the Creator.[5] The name ceased to be pronounced in Second Temple Judaism, by the 3rd century BC due to religious beliefs.[17] The correct pronunciation is not known, however, it is sometimes rendered by Christians as "Yahweh" or "Jehovah". The Septuagint translates Yah as Kyrios (the LORD), because of the Jewish custom of replacing the sacred name with "Adonai", meaning "the Lord". - Hallelujah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity