U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,224,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Can We Talk About Heaven?

Sure!

Do you believe it is a physical place?

YES.But both,actually.Just as Jesus' resurrected body was also physical;ours will be as His and it will be both spiritual and physical.

Or is it spiritual and only inhabited by that which is spirit?

see above.

What do you think we will do there? I mean, will we spend all our days worshiping God in song?

no,most would agree,that would be boring,and I don't think God would submit us to that.I think we will each have a job to do there..in what capacity,I don't know.one example may be things like working with animals.it may change over time.we may get to do different things.all will glorify God and his creation though.
I plan to willingly accept whatever assignments I am given,as I know they will be fit just for me.I think our assignments will be suited to our personalities and what we like to do and are good at.

Do people in heaven need to eat (and thus go to the restroom)? Somehow I doubt it! I just can't see the need for toilet paper in heaven.

recall Jesus ate after He was resurrected,although the bible states it will not be necessary.I think eating will be more of a social thing there.
as far as what happens to it...I think it will just be automatically absorbed by our new bodies somehow.recall Jesus could walk thru walls after He was resurrected...that would include the food as well

Will we have any work to do?

I won't call it work,I think we will be given assignments that we will willingly want to accept and do as they will serve to glorify God and all of creation.

Will we need to sleep or rest?

no idea.my guess is we might need a mental break every so often.and that our vacations there will be more fab than anything we could ever imagine
since our new bodies will not wear out,I'm guessing we won't need physical rest.but if it happens we do need sleep,I think it will always be a very restful sleep,with no insomnia,nightmares or anything like we suffer here on earth now.pleasant dreams only

Will we be able to meet people we've heard of from past history, or will everyone have a New Name/Identity that is not earthly?

I think we will be able to meet n chat with everyone who makes it to heaven,and recall their past lives in history.

These are just some things I ponder at times and of course none of us really knows for certain, but I thought it would be a nice change from all the discussions currently going on about hell around here.
yes indeed,it is.love the questions,keep em coming! very thought-provoking.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 03:37 PM

7,867 posts, read 6,673,377 times
In John 20:26.... `` And after eight days again his disciples were within and Thomas with them then came Jesus , the doors being shut and stood in the midst and said Peace be unto you.... ``See Jesus was in his heavenly body where the doors were shut and Jesus came and stood in the midst of them......He is Spirit with substance...... I see that heaven will be Spirit with great substance... People will be of no sexual diffrence, and have a purpose that the Lord Jesus knows with duties to keep busy in our Fathers business.........where the pain of the flesh will be gone and hell will be absent......

Old 06-17-2010, 04:03 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,687,893 times
Yes, it is a physical place. I believe we will be singing praises to God, but also doing other things. I picture a huge meadow full of flowers and people walking through them laughing and enjoying the beauty. I picture people holding bouquets of flowers they picked from that meadow. I also picture beautiful lakes, waterfalls and streams. I picture a lot of nature.

I think people will eat, but not because we have to because of hunger but because it's enjoyable. I imagine huge trees full of fruit that is perfectly ripe. I also think there will be fruit trees that don't exist on earth. I think there will be other foods too.

I think we will work, but it will be enjoyable work. It won't be a burden to us. It won't be work like on earth.

No, I don't think we will sleep because I don't think we will get tired. Also, there is no night (darkness).

I don't know if we will remember people from the past or if we will even remember our lives on earth. This is a very interesting question though! I am excited to see the answer one day.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:11 PM

5,739 posts, read 4,586,534 times
I have too many opinions for this topic. I would start rambling and never stop. And they ARE opinions/thoughts/ponderings.
Loved ones? YES. I believe our loved ones are our treasures in heaven. Or at least a HUGE part of it. Because it's our LOVE. A lot of times people do not even realize just HOW MUCH love they had for someone until it is "too late". (too late in our earthly, small, limited view). However nothing is impossible with God. Grief has to do with love. What glory it would bring to God, what unfathomable, unimaginable depths of glory it would bring to God for all the families in this earth... to have their love reconciled. To have all of the things that "should have been"... be.
To have all of the things we have learned come full circle.

There is something odd about death. I've lost so many and it seems the love only grows ever DEEPER as the years go by. The bond.. more solidified. Death is only a temporary separation. I've had too many things happen in regards to death that I cannot deny that reality. It is only a temporary separation, I have a deep belief.

Of all the things I imagine about the world to come, all the nature, all the wonder, all of the learning, the praise.. the one thing that always stands head and shoulders above everything is joining back up with lost loved ones. That's the hope that burns brightly in my spirit. It's the hope that gives birth to more love. More of a desire to just... LOVE. Because you realize just how profoundly important IT IS. love is NEVER in vain. In fact,"Love NEVER ENDS". What a glorious passage... let it sink in.

I ponder meeting all of my ancestors... and seeing the effects of THEIR choices on down the line. To learn in such a deep way, how non-love caused destruction and how LOVE blossomed into beautful things. All down the line. I can certainly see the effects of it in MY life and with loved ones. I think all families are important and we will all trace them all back to our Creator, and we will see how we are all connected as ultimatlely ONE family. This is very exciting to me. With so much division, mistrust and hatred NOW. To think of this beautiful possiblity in the world to come fills me with an almost unbearable excitment. And a push to keep this thought in mind, in word and in action TODAY.

I see SO MUCH happening. So much explained, so much understanding we will gain from each other, so much to learn.

I just truly feel it's not going to be what we expect. I feel we have such a small little shallow view... I think we are all going to be knocked off of our feet at the scope of the majesty of what God has prepared...

well I'll stop rambling.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,392,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I have too many opinions for this topic. I would start rambling and never stop. And they ARE opinions/thoughts/ponderings.
Loved ones? YES. I believe our loved ones are our treasures in heaven. Or at least a HUGE part of it. Because it's our LOVE. A lot of times people do not even realize just HOW MUCH love they had for someone until it is "too late". (too late in our earthly, small, limited view). However nothing is impossible with God. Grief has to do with love. What glory it would bring to God, what unfathomable, unimaginable depths of glory it would bring to God for all the families in this earth... to have their love reconciled. To have all of the things that "should have been"... be.
To have all of the things we have learned come full circle.

There is something odd about death. I've lost so many and it seems the love only grows ever DEEPER as the years go by. The bond.. more solidified. Death is only a temporary separation. I've had too many things happen in regards to death that I cannot deny that reality. It is only a temporary separation, I have a deep belief.

Of all the things I imagine about the world to come, all the nature, all the wonder, all of the learning, the praise.. the one thing that always stands head and shoulders above everything is joining back up with lost loved ones. That's the hope that burns brightly in my spirit. It's the hope that gives birth to more love. More of a desire to just... LOVE. Because you realize just how profoundly important IT IS. love is NEVER in vain. In fact,"Love NEVER ENDS". What a glorious passage... let it sink in.

I ponder meeting all of my ancestors... and seeing the effects of THEIR choices on down the line. To learn in such a deep way, how non-love caused destruction and how LOVE blossomed into beautful things. All down the line. I can certainly see the effects of it in MY life and with loved ones. I think all families are important and we will all trace them all back to our Creator, and we will see how we are all connected as ultimatlely ONE family. This is very exciting to me. With so much division, mistrust and hatred NOW. To think of this beautiful possiblity in the world to come fills me with an almost unbearable excitment. And a push to keep this thought in mind, in word and in action TODAY.

I see SO MUCH happening. So much explained, so much understanding we will gain from each other, so much to learn.

I just truly feel it's not going to be what we expect. I feel we have such a small little shallow view... I think we are all going to be knocked off of our feet at the scope of the majesty of what God has prepared...

well I'll stop rambling.
You really should post more... even if just for me. I'm selfish like that! Blessings!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,224,274 times
for me too,sparrow,that was awesome!

Old 06-19-2010, 11:14 AM

5,739 posts, read 4,586,534 times

Old 06-29-2010, 01:26 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,573,110 times
This little girl has thought a lot about heaven...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3YquZccl6Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Her story is so precious and so amazing. She is about 15 now, but I love this particular video of her, so I'm posting it here in this "Heaven" thread.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,573,110 times
I also love this video about her as she talks about heaven... she was born into an atheist home!
She talk about how pure God is and how beautiful his eyes are. She plays piano and composes her own music as well. It is just incredible how much God has chosen to pour his gifts out through this little girl.

YouTube - Drawing Heaven

Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,238,378 times
Smile Yes! I'd love to talk about heaven!!!

If you live in sin and die in sin, you are forever "undone"...

...never to enjoy this most wonderful, eternal exhistance in heaven.

According to the everlasting, eternal Word of The Living God.

John 8:
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sin: whither I go, ye cannot come.

...you shall die in the sin of unbelief...in disobedience to the Word of God...you shall die in your iniquity...

Ezekiel 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

33:9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Many that have lived long in their sin are, through grace, saved by true (once and for all time) repentance from dying in their sin...but for those who go out of this world of probation...into that of retribution...there remaineth no relief...salvation itself cannot save them...

Job 20:11 His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.

Ezekiel 32:27 And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.

...eternal separation from Christ...

"...whither I go you cannot come." Jesus said.

When Jesus ascended into heaven, He went to paradise...there he took the penitent thief with Him, that did not die in his sin...but the impenitent not only shall not come to Him, but they cannot...it is morally impossible.

Heaven would not be heaven to those who die unsanctified and unworthy of it...

...you cannot come because you have no right to enter into that Jerusalem...

Revelation 22:

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

In Christ's love, In His truth,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity