U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,277,551 times

Advertisements

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Brown Driver-Briggs - The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of doing so. Isaiah 45:7 contrasts opposites. Darkness is the opposite of light. However, evil is not the opposite of peace. The Hebrew word translated "peace" is shâlôm, which has many meanings, mostly related to the well being of individuals. Râ‛âh,the Hebrew word translated "evil" in the KJV often refers to adversity or calamity. There are two forms of the word. Strong's H7451a Râ‛âh most often refers to moral evil, whereas Strong's H7451b (the form used in Isaiah 45:7) most often refers to calamity or distress. Obviously, "calamity" is a better antonym of "peace" than "evil."
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,275,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It exists doesn't it?

Acts 14:15 ... living God, WHO MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM.

Heb. 2:10 ...God, for whom and through whom everything exists...

Jer. 10:16 ...He is the Creator of everything that exists...

1 Cor. 11:12 ...all things originate from God...

Need I post more?
Amen!! Apparently posting plain scripture does not even help because the ones claiming God did not create everything still don't believe it. Unbelievable....it's so simple, and BIBLICAL.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:14 AM

35,392 posts, read 12,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Amen!! Apparently posting plain scripture does not even help because the ones claiming God did not create everything still don't believe it. Unbelievable....it's so simple, and BIBLICAL.
heh-heh. I think you just enjoy disagreement. God created everyghing that exists, but darkness is nothingness, and nothingness does not need to be created.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:30 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,275,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
heh-heh. I think you just enjoy disagreement. God created everyghing that exists, but darkness is nothingness, and nothingness does not need to be created.
Hee hee I'm not the one who enjoys arguing....I'm stating the facts and then you come in and try to pick a fight.

And what does this have to do with God creating sin and evil? God most certainly did create the "darkness", as it would not even be if it were not so. You cannot have darkness unless there is space. Did the "space" just come into being all on it's own? Are you telling me you are now of the belief of the "big bang" theory?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Hee hee I'm not the one who enjoys arguing....I'm stating the facts and then you come in and try to pick a fight.
What??? ??? Never mind, you just proved my earlier comment.

Quote:
And what does this have to do with God creating sin and evil? God most certainly did create the "darkness", as it would not even be if it were not so. You cannot have darkness unless there is space. Did the "space" just come into being all on it's own? Are you telling me you are now of the belief of the "big bang" theory?
Empty space doesn't need to come into being, it simply is. It is nothingness. Everythig is absent, so there is nothing but cold and dark. God created everything into this nothingness and now his creation is called the universe with its galaxies, stars, planets and gas clouds. Be it God or big bang (I believe it was God), but before anything was created, nothingness was there.

What was there before nothingness? Think about it.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:49 AM

953 posts, read 470,053 times
God was IN THE BEGINNING. ...SO God had to create the empty space to put His universe into. How did it come into being? How could there be space BEFORE God existed (????? how can there be a BEFORE God existed?) God created the empty space in which to put His universe, it wasn't JUST THERE. How did it become dark? Many theories on that...including the theory that there was first an angelic realm on earth and then the conflict that Satan initiated prompted God to bring chaos upon that realm and then darkness ensued....as, it is argued, God doesn't created disorder.

But that is all it is....a theory. I don't fret about it. I am sure God had a plan that was never disrupted by any of His creation and that He has always been in control of everything in His domain...like an accomplished author who writes a book, it may seem that all within its chapters defies a logical or good outcome, but it all is working toward the end He devised from the beginning. Even God said in the scriptures....what builder worth his salt would start a building if he didn't have the resources to finish it? It may SEEM as if God's building is collapsing from within, but He did not start it and then leave puny man to finish it.

Peace and blessings and blessed assurance to you all this day.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,446,407 times
The biblical account does not describe something from nothing, it describes something being unformed. God never changes, so there really is no such thing as nothingness because there is no place where Gods being does not reside.

In fact, the idea that nothing existed then there was something is actually a believer trying to mask the big bang theory and spiritualizing it.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
God was IN THE BEGINNING. ...SO God had to create the empty space to put His universe into.
What was there before the empty space? Don't say 'nothing' because empty space is nothing. Where was God before he created something to be in?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM

953 posts, read 470,053 times
There was JUST God.....God does not need a material sphere in which to exist. EVERYTHING came into being through God. I do not believe he made things out of NOTHING. It all came FROM God.

Empty space IS something. It is space.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Empty space IS something. It is space.
Space is absence of everything: light, heat, planets, particles and even gravity is absent. Everything that exists in it was created by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity