Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The realitiy of the fact that all three Persons of the Godhead indwell the body of the church-age believer not withstanding, the Kingdom is not within. The reasons have all been explained before and need not be repeated here. Those who wish, may review my posts. #1, 11, 16, 23, and 36.

Also, these resources will be of help. They are actually two differents sections of one site...

Why Don't People Understand the Kingdom of God?

Is the Kingdom Within You? > The Gospel of the Kingdom of God
I have to go with Jesus my friend. He said the Kingdom of God is "within" you. Unless you're just holding onto preconceived doctrines that others have taught you, there is really no reason to believe Jesus meant "midst" when he said "within". Why use a word that means "within", when you actually mean "midst"?

There is a Greek word that means "midst". For example, it is used here:

Mat 18:20 for where there are two or three gathered together--to my name, there am I in the midst (G3319) of them.'

G3319
μέσος
mésos; fem. mésē, neut. méson, adj. Middle, in the midst. Used of time or place.

But that is not the word Jesus used. Jesus said:

Luk 17:21 nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within (G1787) you.'

G1787
ἐντός
entós; adv. from en (G1722), in. Within.

Why should we believe otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Yes, the kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ IS come in the flesh is of God. Know ye not that Jesus Christ is in you?

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 06-17-2010, 02:04 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times
Quote:
It is of course expected that those of the Universalist persuasion will not listen. I posted this for the purpose of clarifying the meaning of the passage for the benefit of whoever will listen so that they might not be deceived by those who continually distort its meaning to something that is unscriptural.
You know, I've gone back to review some of your other posts on this thread and I've come to realize that I really don't like your tone...lol...I really don't...I've decided we're not going to be friends today...maybe tomorrow, but not today

Old 06-17-2010, 02:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
What does Acts 3:21 mean when it talks about the final restoration of all things? It will first be said that it doesn't have anything to do with Universalism's false doctrine of all men eventually being saved. Acts 3:21 is one of the bread and butter verses that the heretical teaching of Universalism is built on.

It's necessary to start back with Acts 3:17.

Acts 3:17 ''And now, brethren, I know that you acted in ignorance, just as your rulers did also. [18] ''But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ should suffer, He has thus fulfilled. [19] ''Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; [20] and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, [21] whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time. [22] Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers. You must obey him in everything he tells you. [23] Every person who does not obey that prophet will be destroyed and thus removed from the people.' [24] And all the prophets, from Samuel and those who followed him, have spoken about and announced these days. [25] You are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant that God made with your ancestors, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed.’ [26] God raised up his servant and sent him first to you, to bless you by turning each one of you from your iniquities.”

The meaning of 'the restoration of all things' referred to in the passage has to do with the restoration of Israel during the Millennium. After Jesus' resurrection, He had instructed the apostles for forty days concernng the things pertaining to the kingdom of God. But one thing had not been mentioned. When He would restore the kingdom to Israel. And so, the apostles asked Him when the kingdom of Israel would be restored. Acts 1:6 And so when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, ''Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?'' The Lord's response was as follows. [7] He said to them, ''It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority;...

With regard to Acts 3:20-21, Dr. C. I. Scofield wrote...

1 (3:20) The appeal to repent and the promise of ''the times of refreshing'' refer to the O.T. prophecy that prior to the second advent of the Messiah the godly remmant of the nation Israel will repent and turn to God in preparation for the millennial blessing to follow the second advent (cp. Dt.30:1-3; Zech.12:10-14). The nation as a whole rejected Peter's entreaty and, though individuals believed in Christ and were saved, there was no fulfillment of the requirements of national repentance.

2 (3:21) The word ''restitution'' is rendered from the Greek noun apokatastasis meaning restoration to a former state (cp. Acts 1:6). The meaning is limited by the words: ''which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets.'' The prophets speak of the restoration of Israel to the land (see Israel, Gen.12:2-3; Rom. 11:26; also Palestinian Covenant, Dt.30:3, note); and of the restoration of the theocracy under David's Son (see Davidic Covenant, 2 Sam. 7:16, note; Kingdom [O.T.], Gen.1:26-28; Zech. 12:8, note). No prediction of the conversion and restoration of the wicked dead is found in the prophets or elsewhere. Cp. Rev.20:11-15. [Emphasis by bolding mine].

[New Scofield Reference Edition, footnotes for Acts 3:20-21, p.1166]

In preparing the way for the Lord, John the baptist had preached that the kingdom of heaven was at hand.

Matthew 3:2 ''Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.''

When Jesus began His public ministry, He preached the same message.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and say, ''Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mark 1:14 And after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, [15] and saying, ''The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.''

In Luke 17:20,21 Jesus was speaking to a group of unbelieving Pharisees about the kingdom of God.

[20] Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, ''The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; [21] nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'there it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.''

Jesus did NOT say that the kingdom of God is 'within you.' That is an improper translation. Again, He was speaking to unbelieving Pharisees. The Greek word is 'ENTOS', and when used in conjunction with a plural noun, means ''among'' or ''in the midst of''. In Luke 17:21, ENTOS is used with ''you'', which is a pronoun.

Jesus is the king of the kingdom, and He was in their midst, offering the kingdom to Israel. But as He in His deity had always known they would, Israel rejected Jesus as the Messiah. Had Israel recognized Him as the Messiah, Jesus would have, after going to the Cross, immediately brought in the Millennium. Jesus had made the offer so that Israel could make the choice. When Israel as a whole manifested the fact that it was rejecting Him as the Messiah, He turned his attention away from Israel and started preaching about the coming of the church. It was at this time that Jesus began speaking in parables to Israel that they might not understand Him. The Millennial kingdom was postphoned until His Second Advent.

Jesus then made the following prophecy and lament reqarding Israel.

Matthew 23:37 ''O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. [38] ''Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! [39] ''For I say to you, from now on you shall not see Me until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!''

That time will come, as is made clear from Zec 2:10-13; Eze 37:23-28; 39:28, 29; Rom. 11:26.

The events, the judgments that come against Israel during the Tribulation will cause Israel to recognize and acknowledge that Jesus is the Messiah they had rejected. And at that time the Lord will return and rescue them from the the armies of the antichrist. He will bring an end to the Tribulation and bring in the Millennial kingdom.

Peter's entreaty in Acts 3:19 to ''Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; [20] and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time'., served to underscore Israel's unbelief.

The phrase 'that times of refreshing may come' is a reference to the Millennial kingdom of God. And the phrase 'the final restoration of all things' refers to the restoration of the kingdom to Israel.

For more on this, I present the following resource which among other things, has a comment from the Bible Knowledge Commentary which links the restoration mentioned in Acts 3:21 with the restoration mentioned in Acts 1:6 which concerns the restoration of the kingdom to Israel.

If Jews had accepted Christ as their Messiah would the earthly kingdom have been established then? | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

Again, the 'restoration of all things' mentioned in Acts 3:21 in no way supports Universalism's unscriptural teaching of all men eventually being saved.
So according to mike the apokatastasis, or restoration of all things is really only the restoration of Israel ... It would have been much less confusing If Paul had simply said as much.

According to mike and fundamentalism the restoration of all things to there former state = the restoration of only Israel to its former state ... In other words, it means the restoration of only one thing ...

This is how Fundamentalist twist scripture to agree with their traditional false doctrines ...

Old 06-17-2010, 03:10 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So according to mike the apokatastasis, or restoration of all things is really only the restoration of Israel ... It would have been much less confusing If Paul had simply said as much.

According to mike and fundamentalism the restoration of all things to there former state = the restoration of only Israel to its former state ... In other words, it means the restoration of only one thing ...

This is how Fundamentalist twist scripture to agree with their traditional false doctrines ...
The restoration is for Israel Isa 45 - Jew and Gentile - Rom 11, the many - Isa 51 and Matt 26, the elect - Matt 24, ones that are are called - Matt 22, 1 Peter 2 and Rev 17, are chosen to serve Christ forever Rev 22.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:25 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The restoration is for Israel Isa 45 - Jew and Gentile - Rom 11, the many - Isa 51 and Matt 26, the elect - Matt 24, ones that are are called - Matt 22, 1 Peter 2 and Rev 17, are chosen to serve Christ forever Rev 22.
Ahhhhhhhh...I just love it when someone applies the truth to the matter.......Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen..for each Word of truth you posted....sooo refreshing!...Like a cool river of living water flowing and reviving the soul.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Ahhhhhhhh...I just love it when someone applies the truth to the matter.......Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen and Amen..for each Word of truth you posted....sooo refreshing!...Like a cool river of living water flowing and reviving the soul.
An elusive policy for the universalist.
A certainty for the saint.

God bless you.

Remember:

Eze 47:9 And it shall come to pass, [that] every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

Eze 47:13 Thus saith the Lord GOD; This [shall be] the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph [shall have two] portions.

Joseph and Mannases - Rev 7

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

He is feeding us right now. We are the temple of Christ.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:

The restoration of all things is just that, the restoration of everything in creation. All things in heaven, all things in the earth, and all things under the earth ... Your lack of faith in Christs 100% victory over sin and death and all the works of the devil will not stop God from achieving his desire that all be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. Neither will your false religion of everlasting evil ...

You will fail, God in Christ will not ...

Rev 5:13
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Why will everyone and everything in creation bless and praise the glory of God? Because God will restore all things in creation in Christ. All things, not a few things. Christ is making all things new, not only some things.

Selah ...

Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The restoration of all things is just that, the restoration of everything in creation. All things in heaven, all things in the earth, and all things under the earth
Let me get this straight...you believe that this restoration is for all of creation...yet it is clear, that creation, the heaven and earth, is for Israel only, realized in the NT, for the Jew AND the Gentile.

Isa 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou [art] my people.

Mic 6:2 Hear ye, O mountains, the LORD'S controversy, and ye strong foundations of the earth: for the LORD hath a controversy with his people, and he will plead with Israel.

Quote:
Your lack of faith in Christs 100% victory over sin and death and all the works of the devil will not stop God from achieving his desire that all be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. Neither will your false religion of everlasting evil ...
Christ defeated sin and death through His resurrection, so in essence, you believe that He failed.

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
2 Tim 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Quote:
Rev 5:13
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed:

Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Isa 29:23 But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.

You again, eisegetically impose into Rev 5, encompassing a universalistic paradigm that only deals with creation, as it is known, to be under God's covenant, and those in covenant, are those who are praising Him, which is SOLELY directed at Israel and it's judgement and resurrection.

Don't you understand this type of symbolic narration already?
The sealed book is for Israel only, not the entire world as we know of it today.

Quote:
Why will everyone and everything in creation bless and praise the glory of God? Because God will restore all things in creation in Christ. All things, not a few things. Christ is making all things new, not only some things.
Already been restored, in Christ, and for those that confess their faith.
You believe He failed.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Let me get this straight...you believe that this restoration is for all of creation...yet it is clear, that creation, the heaven and earth, is for Israel only, realized in the NT, for the Jew AND the Gentile.

Isa 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou [art] my people.

Mic 6:2 Hear ye, O mountains, the LORD'S controversy, and ye strong foundations of the earth: for the LORD hath a controversy with his people, and he will plead with Israel.

Christ defeated sin and death through His resurrection, so in essence, you believe that He failed.

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
2 Tim 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed:

Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Isa 29:23 But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.

You again, eisegetically impose into Rev 5, encompassing a universalistic paradigm that only deals with creation, as it is known, to be under God's covenant, and those in covenant, are those who are praising Him, which is SOLELY directed at Israel and it's judgement and resurrection.

Don't you understand this type of symbolic narration already?
The sealed book is for Israel only, not the entire world as we know of it today.

Already been restored, in Christ, and for those that confess their faith.
You believe He failed.

How in the world do you think that i Believe he failed? I believe he was victorious throughout all creation. Your just acting like a 5 year old playing the im rubber your glue game. You are the one who believes sin has a greater victory than Christ in creation. Anyone reading our words can see it ...

And it is obvious you are the one who eisigetes ... I find almost all of your beliefs to be completely mindless. In my opinion you are one of the most ill informed Christians i have ever met ... I believe you are even more confused than Mike, and that is saying allot. It appears to me that you are the epitome of one who is forever learning but are unable to come to a knowledge of the truth.

We will simply agree to disagree, on almost everything, other than perhaps the deity of Christ.

Selah ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity