U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 PM

20,304 posts, read 15,658,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Anyone who believes what mike wrote above to be true justice is spiritually lawless ...
John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Believe in Jesus Christ and be saved.

Reject Jesus Christ and spend eternity future in the lake of fire.

So says the word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,202,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Believe in Jesus Christ and be saved.

Reject Jesus Christ and spend eternity future in the lake of fire.

So says the word of God.
Your simply confused ... I forgive you ... I know what its like.

Keep searching brother, one day you'll understand.

Everyone who comes to believe did not believe at one time, and the wrath of God did in fact abide on them during that time. We were all enemies of God and did not see or know the life of Christ before we were born again of the spirit.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:03 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,144 times
Quote:
This has been addressed before, and you were shown that if you read the entire passage up to verse 35, it clearly says that the entire household heard the Gospel and believed.

I repeat. Simply read the entire passage up to Acts 16:35 and see that each member of the household heard the Gospel and believed it and were saved.
Or, you could just stop truncating that verse when you quote it.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I will quote verses or parts thereof as I see fit.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:38 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,144 times
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow

Quote:
Rev. 22:19

and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Ooops!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow

Rev. 22:19

and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Ooops!
Quoting a partial verse is not taking away from the word of God. You are going to satisfy your desire for petty arguments with someone else. I have better things to do.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,314,782 times
Quote:
Why you little rascal...LOL....Are you saying we can quote full and parts of verses to make our point? Here, I'll give you a full verse and then 1/2 a verse...and throw a little commentary in while I'm at it...

Mat 27:5 And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Luk 10:37 And he (Jesus) said......, Go (Mike555), and do thou likewise.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 AM

957 posts, read 716,453 times
Quote:
There is no take to be taken, and nothing to dance around.

Believing in God doesn't save you. You must believe specifically in Jesus Christ who Himself is God. In other words, believing in God the Father, or God the Holy Spirit does not save you. You must believe in Christ for salvation.

Acts 16:31 ...Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...

If the girl never believed in Christ for salvation, she is in Hades, awaiting her final transference to the lake of fire where she will spend eternity.

If the rapist/murderer believed in Christ for salvation before he was executed, he is in heaven.

The kind of person you are is irrelevant to your eternal destination. All that matters is if you receive God's offer of salvation through faith in Christ. Some of the most loving people are going to spend eternity in Hell because they never received Christ as Savior.

Jesus was judged for all the sins of the human race. That includes all the criminal acts of every criminal who ever lived. The issue is, will you place your faith in Christ to provide salvation for you.

Those who don't come to understand this before they die, will spend eternity in Hell. And there's nothing hypothetical about that.

This just doesnt seem fair. Isn't God holy, fair and just?

Girl spends her 16 years on earth loving and helping other people, the killer spends his life hurting other people. According to you , the girl is in torment forever but the killer spends eternity in heaven.

What if killer woke up 10 minutes later and killed someone else and the girl the next day would have gotten saved at a revival. Because of this random act of violence, she is doomed forever though.

Is our eternal fate this flimsy and subject to other people's bad behavior?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

This just doesnt seem fair. Isn't God holy, fair and just?

Girl spends her 16 years on earth loving and helping other people, the killer spends his life hurting other people. According to you , the girl is in torment forever but the killer spends eternity in heaven.

What if killer woke up 10 minutes later and killed someone else and the girl the next day would have gotten saved at a revival. Because of this random act of violence, she is doomed forever though.

Is our eternal fate this flimsy and subject to other people's bad behavior?
No one dies unless God allows it to happen. The time, place, and manner of everyone's death was determined by God in eternity past. God will not allow someone whom He has known from eternity past will believe in Christ, to die before they do so.

The issue in salvation is never the kind of person you are, or the kind of life you've lived. There is but one issue in eternal salvation. And that issue is, will you believe in Christ for salvation, or will you reject Him as Savior?

God is indeed holy, just and fair. God's holiness consists of His righteousness which is the principle of His holiness or integrity, and His justice, which is the function of His holiness. What divine righteousness approves of, divine justice must bless. What divine righteousness disapproves of, divine justice must discipline in the case of the believer, and curse in the case of the unbeliever.

Adjusting to the justice of God in salvation means believing in Christ for salvation and results in blessing-eternal life. Rejecting Christ as Savior results in maladjustment to the justice of God and results in cursing-eternal condemnation. God must be true to Who and What He is. God is love, but God cannot allow His love to compromise His justice. He desires all men to be saved, and He has provided the means by which all who wish, may be saved. And that means of salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

Last edited by Mike555; 06-24-2010 at 12:27 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,558,523 times
Quote:
No one dies unless God allows it to happen. The time, place, and manner of everyone's death was determined by God in eternity past. God will not allow someone whom He has known from eternity past will believe in Christ, to die before they do so.
Rather OT, but my mom suffered patiently with cancer several years ago. She drew her life from Him who ordains all things after the counsel of His own will (which we agree upon). She was very close to Lord, and would regularly have conversations with Him.

The point is, she at one point asked the Lord "How long will this go on?" His reply was "As long as you want it to".

Mike, you don't believe the Lord could speak to her in such a way - I understand - but that sheds some light on how we can cooperate with Him in our final days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity