U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-26-2010, 07:54 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. God has predetermined in the divine decrees, which is based on His omniscience of all the facts concerning every decision that would ever be made by His creatures, the certain futurition of those things.

And as for your dismissal of the need to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation, that demonstrates that you don't understand the issue in salvation and are therefore not saved.

Actually you make the same mistake as a large number of believers make and that is you confuse your own perspective for the spiritual therefor asserting that anyone you deem as saved must be in your image.

You will deny this of course, but it is true, Mystic must measure up to you and your opinion because you actually think when you declare someone unsaved it ACTUALLY MATTERS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2010, 07:56 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God's love does not prevent His justice from ordering into the lake of fire, all those who have died having rejected Christ as Savior.

Didn't say it did, you are confusing your idea of the lake of fire as the absolute truth and not listening to what I have described, at that point you argue a strawman because you did not read carefully.


Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 AM
 
20,299 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually you make the same mistake as a large number of believers make and that is you confuse your own perspective for the spiritual therefor asserting that anyone you deem as saved must be in your image.

You will deny this of course, but it is true, Mystic must measure up to you and your opinion because you actually think when you declare someone unsaved it ACTUALLY MATTERS.
The mistake is yours and all those who do not obey the Gospel. All who die having rejected Christ as savior are doomed to eternity in hell. So says the word of God. Reject it to your own destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 08:42 AM
 
20,299 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Didn't say it did, you are confusing your idea of the lake of fire as the absolute truth and not listening to what I have described, at that point you argue a strawman because you did not read carefully.


Try again.
No need to try again. You foolishly think that God's love is going to save everybody. God's love saves nobody. God's love only motivated God to provide the means of salvation. It was the justice of God judicially imputing mans personal sins onto Christ on the Cross and judging those sins, that actually made savation possible. Failure to adjust to the justice of God in salvation through faith in Christ will result in eternity in the lake of fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 08:57 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No need to try again. You foolishly think that God's love is going to save everybody. God's love saves nobody. God's love only motivated God to provide the means of salvation. It was the justice of God judicially imputing mans personal sins onto Christ on the Cross and judging those sins, that actually made savation possible. Failure to adjust to the justice of God in salvation through faith in Christ will result in eternity in the lake of fire.

You foolishly think Gods love is separate from all his other attributes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 08:57 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,313,536 times
Reputation: 326
joeallcomm - You've given us a great post to read. 1,000 reps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
No, they had rejected Him ALL ALONG. Can you not see that it was a PLAN of God for MAN to reject HIM??? Contrary to your belief Mike, God did not make a PLAN A that man screwed up, so He therefore had to make a PLAN B. All that has happened from creation till NOW has been a PLAN OF GOD, and it has been working perfectly.
So right you are. Here is that plan in scriptural language from Paul:

Rom 11:32 for God did shut up together the whole to unbelief, that to the whole He might do kindness.

Rom 11:33 O depth of riches, and wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable His judgments, and untraceable His ways!
Rom 11:34 for who did know the mind of the Lord? or who did become His counsellor?

Rom 11:35 or who did first give to Him, and it shall be given back to him again?

(Those scriptures alone dispel all of Mike's myths concerning man's will choosing God!)

Rom 11:36 because of Him, and through Him, and to Him are the all things; to Him is the glory--to the ages. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 08:58 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The mistake is yours and all those who do not obey the Gospel. All who die having rejected Christ as savior are doomed to eternity in hell. So says the word of God. Reject it to your own destruction.


So says Mike and his gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 09:14 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,313,536 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
LOL, "personal corrective translation".
These guys are really oily...They would all make great BP executives...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 09:52 AM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So says Mike and his gospel.
Mike worships a God who fails and loses ... The god of fundamental Christianity is weak and a loser, plain and simple, that is how they need him to be in order to believe they are better than everyone else. But they are the ones who really fail and lose when all is said and done, not God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Mike worships a God who fails and loses ... The god of fundamental Christianity is weak and a loser, plain and simple, that is how they need him to be in order to believe they are better than everyone else. But they are the ones who really fail and lose when all is said and done, not God.

Well, I know the true God of love corrects us all, I will have my day as will everyone else.

The difference is that no one needs to live in horror and fear about it, it is good news even if my path has and may again include suffering to learn what I need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top