U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 05:30 PM

20,304 posts, read 15,658,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Your sense of justice is infinitely cruel ... True justice, the justice of God, is tempered with mercy ... What you believe the scriptures teach will not change that.
God's mercy extended grace in the offer of salvation to the world. Those who receive Christ as Savior are eternally saved. God's justice condemns those who reject God's offer of salvation. God's justice is infinitely perfect. And it is He who has declared the punishment of those who fail to adjust to His justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,417,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God's mercy extended grace in the offer of salvation to the world. Those who receive Christ as Savior are eternally saved. God's justice condemns those who reject God's offer of salvation. God's justice is infinitely perfect. And it is He who has declared the punishment of those who fail to adjust to His justice.
Mike...no need to reiterate condemnation on these threads to the point of contention...for 99% of those who you interact with are true believers who accepted that "The LORD Christ Jesus" is the only way to salvation...the way to the Father...the way to eternal life...who gave his only Son as the ultimate ransom for "THE SIN OF MANKIND" per Isaiah 53:6...prophesied thousand of years before being realized on the cross!

The only variation between your sharing and our sharing is that...I/we focus on the peaceful good news of "LOVE", as opposed to "burning in hell forever" doctrine. You seem to overlook these testimonies...?

I'm not undermining your tenacity (I admire the pain you must feel) in reminding this forum that the consequence of not accepting this wonderful news of salvation...is separation from the creator.

The wages of this sin is death!

Peace mike!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Mike...no need to reiterate condemnation on these threads to the point of contention...for 99% of those who you interact with are true believers who accepted that "The LORD Christ Jesus" is the only way to salvation...the way to the Father...the way to eternal life...who gave his only Son as the ultimate ransom for "THE SIN OF MANKIND" per Isaiah 53:6...prophesied thousand of years before being realized on the cross!

The only variation between your sharing and our sharing is that...I/we focus on the peaceful good news of "LOVE", as opposed to "burning in hell forever" doctrine. You seem to overlook these testimonies...?

I'm not undermining your tenacity (I admire the pain you must feel) in reminding this forum that the consequence of not accepting this wonderful news of salvation...is separation from the creator.

Peace mike!
When a universalist tells me that there is no eternal condemnation for those who reject Christ, you bet your bippy that I am going to reiterate the truth.

THe testimony of universalism is straight out of the mouth of Satan. For there is NO universal salvation. Christ died for all, but not all will receive Christ as Savior. All will not be saved. Many will be eternally lost because they rejected God's offer of salvation through faith in Christ. Satan's goal in promoting universalism is to lull the gullible into a false sense of security regarding their eternal future. And everytime a universalist spouts off about that Satanic doctrine of universal salvation, it perverts the true Gospel and calls God a liar.

God's love will save no one who has rejected Christ as Savior. God's love must be filtered through His justice.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:40 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,417,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

Peace mike!
Quote:
When a universalist tells me that there is no eternal condemnation for those who reject Christ, you bet your bippy that I am going to reiterate the truth.

THe testimony of universalism is straight out of the mouth of Satan. For there is NO universal salvation. Christ died for all, but not all will receive Christ as Savior. All will not be saved. Many will be eternally lost because they rejected God's offer of salvation through faith in Christ. Satan's goal in promoting universalism is to lull the gullible into a false sense of security regarding their eternal future. And everytime a universalist spouts off about that Satanic doctrine of universal salvation, it perverts the true Gospel and calls God a liar.

God's love will save no one who has rejected Christ as Savior. God's love must be filtered through His justice.
You've said enough to me......

Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 PM

1,198 posts, read 736,152 times
Default The Truth

Mike 555..."God's love must be filtered through His justice"...listen friend, God's justice is irrefutable, but God's love comes to us through His only begotten Son by the instrumentality of The Holy Spirit. While it (God's love) is tempered with justice, it remains forever unconditional... otherwise work for it. The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...

Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 PM

21,422 posts, read 29,551,815 times
Quote:

Good for you Mike and so will I!
Salvation can only be through faith in Jesus NOW, not after death.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Mike 555..."God's love must be filtered through His justice"...listen friend, God's justice is irrefutable, but God's love comes to us through His only begotten Son by the instrumentality of The Holy Spirit. While it (God's love) is tempered with justice, it remains forever unconditional... otherwise work for it. The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
God's love will keep no one who refuses His offer of salvation through faith in Christ from the eternal fire. And that's what all who blatantly contradict the word of God with the false doctrine of universalism will not understand. Faith in Christ for salvation is not works. It is the condition for salvation.

It is Jesus Christ who will order all who have rejected Him into the lake of fire. His love will not keep Him from doing so. Indeed, it is His love for His own holiness that will mandate the eternal separation from Himself of those who have rejected Him.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:46 PM

37,545 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Quote:
God's love will keep no one who refuses His offer of salvation through faith in Christ from the eternal fire. And that's what all who blatantly contradict the word of God with the false doctrine of universalism will not understand. Faith in Christ for salvation is not works. It is the condition for salvation.

It is Jesus Christ who will order all who have rejected Him into the lake of fire. His love will not keep Him from doing so. Indeed, it is His love for His own holiness that will mandate the eternal separation from Himself of those who have rejected Him.
What utter nonsense. Are we talking about the same Jesus . . . you know the one who so loved us ALL that He suffered injustice, scourging and crucifixion at our hands? You believe that Jesus will be upset about mere rejection because He loves His own Holiness more?? Whatever did He do to those scumbags who tortured and murdered Him . . . wasn't it . . . "God forgive them they know not what they do?" You have one messed up set of doctrines of men, Mike!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:49 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,382,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What utter nonsense. Are we talking about the same Jesus . . . you know the one who so loved us ALL that He suffered injustice, scourging and crucifixion at our hands? You believe that Jesus will be upset about mere rejection because He loves His own Holiness more?? Whatever did He do to those scumbags who tortured and murdered Him . . . wasn't it . . . "God forgive them they know not what they do?" You have one messed up set of doctrines of men, Mike!!!
I'd ditto the slapping of the forehead, but my head hurts.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Good for you Mike and so will I!
Salvation can only be through faith in Jesus NOW, not after death.
Thanks ILNC. It is sad that there is such opposition to the teaching of hell so that those who will, can heed the warning and be saved. All you hear about today is the love of God. And certainly, God is love. But His holiness is not compromised by His love. And there quite literally is hell to pay for those who will not adjust to God's justice by receiving Christ as Savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity