U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,285,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Ah ... Attacking my spelling errors now? Excuse me, eisegete or eisegeting ...
I was being fecitious...oh well...

Quote:
Sciotamicks i realize your arrogance is greater than most, but don't flatter yourself smart guy. But seeing that is the only leg you really have to stand on i understand.
Arrogance has nothing to do with any of this. The scriptures are plain as day...it is you, who walks through the fog.

Quote:
In revelations Christ says that he makes all things new
For His people..

Quote:
I know you believe all things means only some things, but that is your imposition on the scriptures as they clearly say Christ makes all things new and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to change that no matter how much you desire that most people be damned for ever ... The only thing damned forever is your false doctrine of hate ...
False doctrine of hate...LOL....it appears to me, that your plight is just that, at the truth staring at you in front of your eyes.

People deserve to be damned forever, unless you confess who is Lord and God...that is the ticket to paradise, that is your get out of jail free card.

You propose a forced submission, not circumcised worship.
You miss the mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 06:36 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,379,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I was being fecitious...oh well...

Arrogance has nothing to do with any of this. The scriptures are plain as day...it is you, who walks through the fog.

For His people..

False doctrine of hate...LOL....it appears to me, that your plight is just that, at the truth staring at you in front of your eyes.

People deserve to be damned forever, unless you confess who is Lord and God...that is the ticket to paradise, that is your get out of jail free card.

You propose a forced submission, not circumcised worship.
You miss the mark.
The creation was MADE IN FUTILITY? Blind as bats. The 2 most INNOCENT people ever created were put into an IMPOSSIBLE situation. Who was there hanging out with them??? WHY?

Nobody deserves to be damned forever........Honestly.

For what purpose did God created man?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:49 PM

20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
The creation was MADE IN FUTILITY? Blind as bats. The 2 most INNOCENT people ever created were put into an IMPOSSIBLE situation. Who was there hanging out with them??? WHY?

Nobody deserves to be damned forever........Honestly.

For what purpose did God created man?
From God's perspective we 'ALL' deserve to be damned forever. And in point of fact, that is the way we enter the world. Already under eternal condemnation (John 3:18). The only way out of that situation is by accepting God's offer of salvation through faith in Christ. Those who refuse God's offer will spend eternity in the eternal fire. And rightfully so.

For what purpose did God create man? To resolve the angelic conflict.

The Angelic Conflict; the Spiritual Warfare

Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
From God's perspective we 'ALL' deserve to be damned forever. And in point of fact, that is the way we enter the world. Already under eternal condemnation (John 3:18). The only way out of that situation is by accepting God's offer of salvation through faith in Christ. Those who refuse God's offer will spend eternity in the eternal fire. And rightfully so.

For what purpose did God create man? To resolve the angelic conflict.

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/885157-angelic-conflict-spiritual-warfare.html

Umm...Nope. He is trying to teach you how to LOVE! Without love, you are nothing. The angelic conflict isn't really a conflict, now is it? WHO is in control?

It was not possible for Satan NOT TO SIN -- he was created for the express purpose of being God’s Adversary, and so, of course, he was a sinner "FROM THE BEGINNING"!

It was not possible for Adam and Eve NOT TO SIN -- they were created for the express purpose of being molded into the "image of God," and so of course, they had to eat of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil or they would have NEVER reached this first spiritual step in becoming LIKE GOD (in His IMAGE), a step of paramount DIVINE REQUISITE:

"They ALL[priests & citizens] say unto him" (Ver 22) "let Him be crucified"

"WHY, what evil hath He done?"
(Ver. 23)
"let Him be crucified"

"Jesus answered ... The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them" (Matt. 11:4-5) "crucify Him"

"Come unto me, all ye [sinners] ... I will give you rest" (Mat. 11:28) "crucify Him"

"I [Jesus] have compassion on the multitude [of sinners]" (Mat. 15:32) "crucify Him"

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost" (Mat. 18:11) "crucify Him"

"And great multitudes followed Him; and He healed them" (Mat 19:2) "crucify Him"

"Suffer little children...to come unto Me"
(Mat. 19:14)
"crucify Him"

"Who can be saved?...with God all things are possible" (Mat. 19:25-26) "crucify Him"

"I am the Good Shepherd..." (John 10:11) "crucify Him"

"God anointed Jesus...who went about doing good..." (Acts 10:38) "crucify Him"

"And the multitudes ...cried... ‘Hosanna to the SON’" (Mat. 21:9) "crucify Him"

"And they
[same multitudes as 21:19] all say ... (27:22)
"let Him be crucified"

"...to you all ... the entire people of Israel ... Jesus Christ ... whom"
(Acts 4:10)
"you crucify" "Then answered all the people ... His blood be on US... (Mat. 27:25) "crucify Him"

"And they [everyone -- you, me, all of us," (Mat. 27:35) "CRUCIFIED HIM"

"FATHER ... FORGIVE THEM ... for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:33-34).

L. Ray Smith - Lake of Fire - part 2

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Last edited by herefornow; 06-18-2010 at 07:38 PM..

Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Umm...Nope. He is trying to teach you how to LOVE! Without love, you are nothing. The angelic conflict isn't really a conflict, now is it? WHO is in control?
You don't know what you're talking about. As I said, and as the Scriptures declare, man is already condemned from the moment he is born.

The angelic conflict is the spiritual warfare between Satan and the angels that rebelled with him, and God. For the duration of human history, God is giving Satan an oportunity to prove that he can rule this world as he claims he can do. God is giving Satan the chance to prove that God was not justified in sentencing Satan to the lake of fire. In other words, Satan made an appeal to God when he was sentenced, and is now being given a chance for the duration of human history to present his case to God.

Now, for those of you who want to learn something about the angelic conflict, go here to my thread...

The Angelic Conflict; the Spiritual Warfare

Quote:
It was not possible for Satan NOT TO SIN -- he was created for the express purpose of being Godís Adversary, and so, of course, he was a sinner "FROM THE BEGINNING"!
It was absolutely possible for Lucifer not to sin. He was created perfect and with free will. He made the choice to rebel against God. God did not create Him for the purpose of being His adversary.

Quote:

It was not possible for Adam and Eve NOT TO SIN -- they were created for the express purpose of being molded into the "image of God," and so of course, they had to eat of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil or they would have NEVER reached this first spiritual step in becoming LIKE GOD (in His IMAGE), a step of paramount DIVINE REQUISITE:
Again, it was possible for Adam not to sin. He was given free will and a test for his free will. The fact that God knew Adam would sin doesn't mean that God intended for Adam to sin. And Adam WAS already created in the image of God. It wasn't a matter of being molded into the image of God. Adam being created in the image of God simply means that Adam had in his soul had certain qualities that in a limited way were like God's. In other words, where God has sovereignty, Adam had a measure of free will. Where God has omniscience, Adam had mentality. Before he fell, Adam had a relationship with God that would be maintained for as long as Adam obeyed God.

Quote:

(Ver. 23)
"let Him be crucified"

"Jesus answered ... The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them" (Matt. 11:4-5) "crucify Him"

"Come unto me, all ye [sinners] ... I will give you rest" (Mat. 11:28) "crucify Him"

"I [Jesus] have compassion on the multitude [of sinners]" (Mat. 15:32) "crucify Him"

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost" (Mat. 18:11) "crucify Him"

"And great multitudes followed Him; and He healed them" (Mat 19:2) "crucify Him"

"crucify Him"

"Who can be saved?...with God all things are possible" (Mat. 19:25-26) "crucify Him"

"And the multitudes ...cried... ĎHosanna to the SONí" (Mat. 21:9) "crucify Him"

"And they
"let Him be crucified"

"you crucify" "Then answered all the people ... His blood be on US... (Mat. 27:25) "crucify Him"

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
These verses have nothing to do with the fact that the unbeliever is eternally lost if he dies without Christ.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:29 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,414,155 times
Quote:

It was not possible for Satan NOT TO SIN -- he was created for the express purpose of being Godís Adversary, and so, of course, he was a sinner "FROM THE BEGINNING"!

(Ver. 23)
"let Him be crucified"

"crucify Him"

"And the multitudes ...cried... ĎHosanna to the SONí" (Mat. 21:9) "crucify Him"

"And they
"let Him be crucified"

LOVE HAS THE FINAL MOVE...

Old 06-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
You don't know what you're talking about. As I said, and as the Scriptures declare, man is already condemned from the moment he is born.

The angelic conflict is the spiritual warfare between Satan and the angels that rebelled with him, and God. For the duration of human history, God is giving Satan an oportunity to prove that he can rule this world as he claims he can do. God is giving Satan the chance to prove that God was not justified in sentencing Satan to the lake of fire. In other words, Satan made an appeal to God when he was sentenced, and is now being given a chance for the duration of human history to present his case to God.

Now, for those of you who want to learn something about the angelic conflict, go here to my thread...

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/885157-angelic-conflict-spiritual-warfare.html

It was absolutely possible for Lucifer not to sin. He was created perfect and with free will. He made the choice to rebel against God. God did not create Him for the purpose of being His adversary.

Again, it was possible for Adam not to sin. He was given free will and a test for his free will. The fact that God knew Adam would sin doesn't mean that God intended for Adam to sin. And Adam WAS already created in the image of God. It wasn't a matter of being molded into the image of God. Adam being created in the image of God simply means that Adam had in his soul had certain qualities that in a limited way were like God's. In other words, where God has sovereignty, Adam had a measure of free will. Where God has omniscience, Adam had mentality. Before he fell, Adam had a relationship with God that would be maintained for as long as Adam obeyed God.

These verses have nothing to do with the fact that the unbeliever is eternally lost if he dies without Christ.
Do you believe that ALL Israel will be saved?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that ALL Israel will be saved?
You want to know what I think with regard to Israel? Well, here's an old thread of mine.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...rael-back.html

And what is this very thread about?

And what does the question have to do with the eternal disposition of the unbeliever?

The unbeliever is going to spend eternity in a state of utter ruin and uselessness and torment in the lake of fire, having no relationship with God. Eternally separated from God-no relationship with God.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
You want to know what I think with regard to Israel? Well, here's an old thread of mine.

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/important-signficance-modern-day-israel-back.html

And what is this very thread about?

And what does the question have to do with the eternal disposition of the unbeliever?

The unbeliever is going to spend eternity in a state of utter ruin and uselessness and torment in the lake of fire, having no relationship with God. Eternally separated from God-no relationship with God.
It says "page not found." I was actually going somewhere with that question. Couldn't you just answer with a "yes" or "no?"

Old 06-18-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
LOVE HAS THE FINAL MOVE...
Thank God. That's the truth.

I forget sometimes, even though it's right under my name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity