U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
It says "page not found." I was actually going somewhere with that question. Couldn't you just answer with a "yes" or "no?"
I fixed the link to that thread. And it deals with Israels restoration. And it answers your question.

Important: The Significance of Modern Day Israel Back in the Land

All of Israel being saved does not mean that every Jew who ever lived will eventually be saved.

And since you made it clear that you don't care what C. I. Scofield has to say about anything, here's what he has to say about Romans 11:26. About all Israel being saved.

(11:26) Israel, Summary: Israel, so named from the grandson of Abraham, was chosen for a fourfold mission. (1) to witness to the unity of God in the midst of universal idolatry (cp. Dt.6:4 with Isa.43:10-12); (2) to illustrate to the nations the blessedness of serving the true God (Dt. 33:26-29; 1 Chr. 17:20-21; Ps.144-15); (3) to receive, preserve, and transmit the Scriptures (Dt. 4:5-8; Rom. 3:1-2); and (4) to be the human channel for the Messiah (Gen. 3:15; 12:3; 22:18; 28:10-14; 49:10; 2 Sam. 7:12-16; Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Mt. 1:1; Rom. 1:3). According to the prophets Israel, regathered from all nations, restored to her own land and converted, is yet to have her greatest earthly exaltation and glory. See Kingdom (O.T.) (Gen. 1:26-28; Zech. 12:8, note); (N.T.) (Mt. 2:2; 1 Cor. 15:24, note); Davidic Covenant (2 Sam. 7:16,note).

[New Scofield Reference Edition, footnote for Romans 11:26, p. 1226.]

And I refer people to look back at the posts on this thread regarding the restoration of all things which refers to the restoration of Israel and further answers the question put forth by the above poster.

Last edited by Mike555; 06-18-2010 at 10:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,286,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And what is this very thread about?

And what does the question have to do with the eternal disposition of the unbeliever?

The unbeliever is going to spend eternity in a state of utter ruin and uselessness and torment in the lake of fire, having no relationship with God. Eternally separated from God-no relationship with God.
Thanks Mike for keeping this bunch in congruence with the OP

Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Thanks Mike for keeping this bunch in congruence with the OP
I'm trying to. I also hope the thread doesn't get to long so as not to introduce too much ranting such as was exhibited by one of the resident uni's.

I wanted to present the fact that the 'restoration of all things' mentioned in Acts 3:21 in no way supports the false teaching of universal salvation. And that I have done.

Maybe someone or other will now realize that.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:45 AM

309 posts, read 295,097 times
Quote:
You don't know what you're talking about. As I said, and as the Scriptures declare, man is already condemned from the moment he is born.

The angelic conflict is the spiritual warfare between Satan and the angels that rebelled with him, and God. For the duration of human history, God is giving Satan an oportunity to prove that he can rule this world as he claims he can do. God is giving Satan the chance to prove that God was not justified in sentencing Satan to the lake of fire. In other words, Satan made an appeal to God when he was sentenced, and is now being given a chance for the duration of human history to present his case to God.

Now, for those of you who want to learn something about the angelic conflict, go here to my thread...

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/885157-angelic-conflict-spiritual-warfare.html

It was absolutely possible for Lucifer not to sin. He was created perfect and with free will. He made the choice to rebel against God. God did not create Him for the purpose of being His adversary.

Again, it was possible for Adam not to sin. He was given free will and a test for his free will. The fact that God knew Adam would sin doesn't mean that God intended for Adam to sin. And Adam WAS already created in the image of God. It wasn't a matter of being molded into the image of God. Adam being created in the image of God simply means that Adam had in his soul had certain qualities that in a limited way were like God's. In other words, where God has sovereignty, Adam had a measure of free will. Where God has omniscience, Adam had mentality. Before he fell, Adam had a relationship with God that would be maintained for as long as Adam obeyed God.

These verses have nothing to do with the fact that the unbeliever is eternally lost if he dies without Christ.

"Freewill" is the basis for your WHOLE theology Mike, but yet you still have no answers to the scriptures I gave you.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/14207548-post116.html

You give me your comment of "I have no time" to address all the scriptures I present to you.

It is not that you have 'no time' Mike, the only reason why you WON'T is because you CAN'T. For if the scriptures I present claim you do not have 'freewill', then your theology does NOT stand.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:53 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
I found a website of "universalist proof" verses, and the author was to dispell them as false - the problem is, he listed a bunch of scripture and then gave up. (Note: there is more than what he has listed.)

UNIVERSALISM PROOF TEXT'S ANSWERED

I guess the light came on.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
"Freewill" is the basis for your WHOLE theology Mike, but yet you still have no answers to the scriptures I gave you.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/14207548-post116.html

You give me your comment of "I have no time" to address all the scriptures I present to you.

It is not that you have 'no time' Mike, the only reason why you WON'T is because you CAN'T. For if the scriptures I present claim you do not have 'freewill', then your theology does NOT stand.
I don't remember my exact word's, but I think it was along the lines of 'I don't intent to take the time it would take to answer all those verses.' In other word's I'm not going to waste my time. As is typical of you uni's, you twist what people say to your own purpose.

The false Gospel! See post #81.

And as I said there, only a fool denies that man has free will.

Last edited by Mike555; 06-19-2010 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-19-2010, 10:35 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Quote:
...only a fool denies that man has free will.
That's harsh, and to deny so much scripture that says otherwise, too.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
That's harsh, and to deny so much scripture that says otherwise, too.
There's nothing harsh about it. No Scripture contradicts another Scripture. God sovereignly decided to give man free will. God allows man to exercise free will. That in no way implies that God doesn't sometimes overrule man's free will with regard to certain things. However, God never overrules man's decision to reject Christ as Savior. That is the issue in man's existence on this earth.

Now, you can research God's 1) overruling will, 2) His directive will, and 3) His permissive will. And try to let an idea into your head and see how man's free will fits into the picture.

And if my post's are too harsh for you, then simply stay away from them. Simple.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:13 AM

309 posts, read 295,097 times
Quote:
I don't remember my exact word's, but I think it was along the lines of 'I don't intent to take the time it would take to answer all those verses.' In other word's I'm not going to waste my time. As is typical of you uni's, you twist what people say to your own purpose.

The false Gospel! See post #81.

And as I said there, only a fool denies that man has free will.
Okay, well I may have quoted you incorrectly. Let's quote you again, 'correctly' this time.

'I don't intent to take the time it would take to answer all those verses.'

Again, I will state, it is NOT (IMO) that you "dont intend to take the time....to answer those verses", it is because you CAN'T answer those verses. You do not understand them, because they dont make sense in your theology. I will ask them ONE at a time then. Maybe you have the 'time' to answer one at a time then. Okay.

Joh 15:16 Ye have NOT CHOSEN me, but I have chosen you,....

What does this verse mean to you Mike. I will ask you on another verse, when you have answered this one.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Okay, well I may have quoted you incorrectly. Let's quote you again, 'correctly' this time.

'I don't intent to take the time it would take to answer all those verses.'

Again, I will state, it is NOT (IMO) that you "dont intend to take the time....to answer those verses", it is because you CAN'T answer those verses. You do not understand them, because they dont make sense in your theology. I will ask them ONE at a time then. Maybe you have the 'time' to answer one at a time then. Okay.

Joh 15:16 Ye have NOT CHOSEN me, but I have chosen you,....

What does this verse mean to you Mike. I will ask you on another verse, when you have answered this one.
Again, go to the thread I directed you to go to and read it. Read also what I said to little Elmo in reply to his post. If you are unwillling to do so, then remain silent and remain ignorant.

I will take the time to answer John 15:16. After that, I will waste no more time on you.

John 15:16 refers to the fact that Jesus chose the 12 as His disciples. Eleven of whom would go on to become apostles to the church. Compare with Luke 6:13, Mt. 10:2-4, Mk 3:13-19, John 6:70, and John 13:18.

Now, apart from that passage, God calls all through the Gospel (2 Thess 2:14) and He chooses all who answer the call through positive volition toward the Gospel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity