U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm am a believer in God and the Bible and I take heed to what it says about the latter days in which we are living. It's speaks about the total government control to which we are now beginning to see the implementation of. Of the control and effects that it will have on the masses. It speaks about the events of earthquakes that are happening in "divers" places. We see all these things beginning to unfold.

Can you run from any of these things truly? I really don't thinks so, and that is not what I'm doing either. I'd be a fool to think I can outrun God, especially with three small children in tow, lol.... The bible also speaks about there will be no hiding place from the Father of Creation. None! So what am I doing you say? I'm listening to the Voice of Reason! He said go, I'm going! I believe, I know and I humbly accept that Lord has a work for me to do and I'm very clear about my assignment. He wants me where I can be most useful to others in a time of crisis. Will it be an easy task? I don't think so, but I'm trusting and believing Him for help and protection. This is not about running, nor is it about a lack of faith in Christ Jesus, actually it's quite the opposite. It's about TOTAL TRUST! He's my strength and my shield, in Him I place my trust unconditionally.

I don't fear this "thing" that is coming. I'm not afraid to die either. I'm not praying that it doesn't come, for I know if He predestined it to happen, make no mistakes..IT WILL!! I been prompted to "prepare" the best that I can, and in "preparing", I must do so not only for myself, but for the ones that will come seeking refuge. I don't pretend to understand all that's coming.....but I do know what the bible says about being watchful..."A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it. I'll take my chances on listening......you understand?

Betsey
...yes...dear sister...I...I do understand...and I thank God for those He has placed up atop the wall...the "...watchmen on the wall..."...and I take heed in what the Bible warns us of...and everything it speaks of is coming to pass...everything...I too am NOT afraid....and I too am NOT afraid to die...I know where it is I am going...but it isn't about US now is it...?...no...it's about providing a place of refuge for others...and you know what Denise...the very one's who mock and sneer at us and other's who see the impending danger ahead...will more than likely be the very one's running in search of someone...somewhere who will help them...God...dear precious God...thank you for those who see and know...and care...who ready themselves for others...God Bless you Denise...I love you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM

51 posts, read 105,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...yes...dear sister...I...I do understand...and I thank God for those He has placed up atop the wall...the "...watchmen on the wall..."...and I take heed in what the Bible warns us of...and everything it speaks of is coming to pass...everything...I too am NOT afraid....and I too am NOT afraid to die...I know where it is I am going...but it isn't about US now is it...?...no...it's about providing a place of refuge for others...and you know what Denise...the very one's who mock and sneer at us and other's who see the impending danger ahead...will more than likely be the very one's running in search of someone...somewhere who will help them...God...dear precious God...thank you for those who see and know...and care...who ready themselves for others...God Bless you Denise...I love you.
Amen...God bless you Denise

Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm am a believer in God and the Bible and I take heed to what it says about the latter days in which we are living. It's speaks about the total government control to which we are now beginning to see the implementation of. Of the control and effects that it will have on the masses. It speaks about the events of earthquakes that are happening in "divers" places. We see all these things beginning to unfold.
I get ya Betsey,all of it.I just have a problem with the political agendas that are coming about.I guess republicans don't care to waste a crisis??No,they certainly don't! see? it's not just a one -way street like they want you to think.
I just don't see...if GOD has ordained all of these things to happen...why undermine credibility with political agendas and talk of impeaching the Pres. and name-calling and gossip and unfounded accusations and the like?? like voting republican or impeaching our Pres. is going to help?? that's like throwing a bucket of water on the sun and telling it to CHILL!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:32 PM

1,116 posts, read 990,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
But Jesus never returned as promised. He was supposed to have returned "quickly":during the lifetime of his disciples.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,537,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
But Jesus never returned as promised. He was supposed to have returned "quickly":during the lifetime of his disciples.
He will just as He promised.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
He will just as He promised.

Are you suggesting that his disciples are still alive today???

Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Are you suggesting that his disciples are still alive today???
The Bible does not say He was going to return during their lifetime, no one knows when. He said He's coming back and He is, are you ready? I am.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 PM

20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Quote:
The Bible does not say He was going to return during their lifetime, no one knows when. He said He's coming back and He is, are you ready? I am.
Indeed. First He will return for His church at the rapture. And then seven years later, He will return for all to see, as lightning flashing across the sky from the east to the west.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Indeed. First He will return for His church at the rapture. And then seven years later, He will return for all to see, as lightning flashing across the sky from the east to the west.
Amen Mike! And I know you are ready!

Old 06-25-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:

28I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity