U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:58 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,458,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Houston...we have a problem...the grip of reality, has lost its hold.

Cripes...the sun is going through a perfectly natural and normal phase...a little study goes a long way Betsy (in a science book, not the bible) and your fear mongering is getting extremely tiresome....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think I heard you the first time. Is that all you came to say? Thank you for calling and sharing, if your tired, hence; the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's go to sleep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 06:06 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,124,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I think I heard you the first time. Is that all you came to say? Thank you for calling and sharing, if your tired, hence; the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's go to sleep!

Just telling it like it is Betsy...although I am extremely concerned that you are wasting your life away worrying about something that is never going to happen...this has to be affecting you not only mentally but physically....don't you know stress kills.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:07 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,226,501 times
I read that but had forgotten about it till I returned here.I think we'll be just fine. but yes we do need to update those awfully outdated grids!!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,243,619 times
Quote:
Snippets: In case you didn’t catch it on the news, there’s a solar flare headed towards Earth that will hit tonight and tomorrow. Now, technically, a solar flare spawned a coronal mass ejection that’s headed towards Earth, but “solar flare” is a much more recognized phrase than “coronal mass ejection.” I’m going to tell you what’s going on with it quickly, and then tell you why it’s important.

Here’s why this is a big deal.

If you’ve noticed, I frequently talk about solar flares being an event that has the ability to cause widespread disruptions in the grid, the supply chain, and in civil order. Unlike EMPs that dispense their energy for a few seconds over a limited area, a large solar flare would be like a series of EMPs going off for hours or even days over most or all of the Earth. The result would be that electronics that aren’t shielded, and even some that are improperly shielded, would get fried.
In the event of an EMP or a class M (and possibly X) solar flare, we would lose our electrical grid, electronics including vehicles and advanced medical devices, refrigeration, and pumps for fuel, water, and sewage.

Is this something to fear? No. That won’t do ANY good. But it is an event that should stress the importance of getting prepared for breakdowns in the grid, social services, and civil order…NOW.

Read on.......Surviving Solar Flares. | SecretsOfUrbanSurvival.com
Hello Betsey...I'll stick with you girrl...last night...or I should say early this morning (2:00am), my Cable...my telephone..and my computer ...all three were dead...as in d-e-a-d. I couldn't even call COMCAST (which have all three of my services with them) to ask what happened...no way to communicate. So, this morning, when I woke up, I asked my mother to use her cell phone, and I called COMCAST to inquire...it wasn't only me...but 1000's of people in our surounding area...as well as 100's of 1000's elsewhere had all of their "services" knocked out as well..and they just now, 5 minutes ago came back on line.....and it is still seeming to go in and out.

I sat here very thankful to not have had our electric power go out as well, because many lost that too...and the heat here in Florida is hell!!...and my mother is not well...I kept thinking how blessed we were to not have had an emergency that I needed to make a phone call...if we hadn't had my mother's cell phone as well...it's real...very, very real...what can happen due to these solar flares...I just had a tiny taste of how paralyzing it can be if it were to be any bigger than it was....and who knows...it could just be a warning for something much, much worse.

Thank you Betsey...Denise...I pay attention to your posts...and I take heed in your thoughtful warnings to us...so while we can enjoy these priveledges now...and here, in this form of media...we should appreciate them..as I do with all of my heart....we can prepare or not...it is an important choice as it affects our very lives and exhistance...we aren't going anywhere fast...and we are going to face some of the most critical obstructions in our way of life in these last days....we've not even begun to feel the scratch on the very surface of the full extent of it all...I do believe.

I'm thinking that a land line is no longer good...a cell phone maybe is better...but even they are not immune from the solar flare...are they...?...then what...?...purchase a horse...and ride until the sun don't shine...or not, if you cannot afford a horse..then you just stand still and wait...for what...?...very, very troubling...

God Bless you Denise...I love you dearly...keep it coming in Jesus name.

Love,
Verna.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:31 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,274,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
[font=Georgia]Hello Betsey...I'll stick with you girrl...last night...or I should say early this morning (2:00am), my Cable...my telephone..and my computer ...all three were dead...as in d-e-a-d.
Never mind the fact that cable companies often make changes to their networks in the wee hours of the morning so as to disrupt as few customers as possible.

Good grief,

Old 08-04-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Never mind the fact that cable companies often make changes to their networks in the wee hours of the morning so as to disrupt as few customers as possible.

Good grief,
...never mind the reason COMCAST gave as to why so many 1000's of people lost power to their electronics when I SPOKE WITH THEM THIS MORNING.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...never mind the reason COMCAST gave as to why so many 1000's of people lost power to their electronics when I SPOKE WITH THEM THIS MORNING.
Hey sis, how are you today? You should have called me last night, you know I'm up late!! Never mind the naysayer....they will, well, be naysayers, know what I mean? I am doing as the good Lord have prompted me to do and don't need the approval of anyone BUT HIM. You never know, some of the very ones may need a helping hand....

To the naysayer: learn from the ants.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Hey sis, how are you today? You should have called me last night, you know I'm up late!! Never mind the naysayer....they will, well, be naysayers, know what I mean? I am doing as the good Lord have prompted me to do and don't need the approval of anyone BUT HIM. You never know, some of the very ones may need a helping hand....

To the naysayer: learn from the ants.
...O woulda called you last night Denise...but the solar flare took out my phone......and my puter......and my cable............the house was humming!...!!!...so I took out my paint and brushes and painted a gift for my mothers Birthday...a beautiful purple and white rose...with her name in gold...she'll love it.

And you know...I was in deep thought as I painted...in all the quiteness throughout the night into the morning hours, about the days to come...and how I understand that the LORD is preparing us. I know he's raising me up mentally and spiritually to learn to depend on the very minimum of everything...to only those things that are crucial for sustaining life..all the other stuff seems to matter less and less everyday...it's actually a very comforting place to be...to know you do not need a thing that God does not provide. The only "things" that matter are eternal things...I'll be left with ALL! that matters!......Him.

Love you!
Verna.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:33 AM

Feb. 26, 2011 six months since the last post on this thread. Nothing's change? Still don't see a reason to "put back" something for a rainy day? For that storm that's surely on the horizon? No? May God open your spiritual 'eyes and ears' before too long.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:13 AM

3,008 posts, read 2,265,129 times
Live a prepared life and let the rainy days take care of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity