U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 PM

7,374 posts, read 4,203,770 times
I agree doomsday fear is kinda worthless ... Its better to let each day take care of itself. However id do believe that victory is the dear friend of preparation, so i think that at least having a good pair of boots, some hiking and camping gear(I have a nice back pack with a neat camel pouch, and i used to even own a gas mask, it was COOL!), but most of all i think having a good understanding of survival is always a good idea. You can always keep a good survival guide close by, just sayin' ...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM

Tent cities are a reality after all ...

Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM

I need a new pair of boots ...

Old 03-01-2011, 07:06 PM

5,966 posts, read 2,792,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
About a decade or so ago an elderly church brother was killed in auto accident. He was 90+ yrs of age at the time of his death. During one extremely hot summer he was fatally injured at the corner of a busy intersection. The wreck was very traumatic and as result large amounts of his blood covered/splattered onto the newly drying cemented sidewalk and retaining wall. He was never noted to have any type dementia by fellow church goers to my knowledge and the wreck could not totally be ruled his fault.
My question is what did he do to deserve such a death? And how could he have lived his virtuous life any better to prevent such a traumatic death? He had been a Christian for so long (90+ yrs.) or maybe I should say we just thought he was a Christian.
The other day some how an elderly lady was gorely killed in an un-witnessed one-man accident. They think she may been trapped between the car and the car's door or fell out, they just don't know what happened but she was a person of faith. How could she have lived a better life so that this would not have happened to her?
Well, I take it these are rhetorical questions. And why do babies and children die of diseases and starve to death. The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind -- the answer is blowing in the wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t4g_...eature=related

Old 03-02-2011, 01:37 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,339,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
About a decade or so ago an elderly church brother was killed in auto accident. He was 90+ yrs of age at the time of his death. During one extremely hot summer he was fatally injured at the corner of a busy intersection. The wreck was very traumatic and as result large amounts of his blood covered/splattered onto the newly drying cemented sidewalk and retaining wall. He was never noted to have any type dementia by fellow church goers to my knowledge and the wreck could not totally be ruled his fault.
My question is what did he do to deserve such a death? And how could he have lived his virtuous life any better to prevent such a traumatic death? He had been a Christian for so long (90+ yrs.) or maybe I should say we just thought he was a Christian.
The other day some how an elderly lady was gorely killed in an un-witnessed one-man accident. They think she may been trapped between the car and the car's door or fell out, they just don't know what happened but she was a person of faith. How could she have lived a better life so that this would not have happened to her?
just because they GOT such a death doesn't mean they *deserved it.those are two different things.there was no judgement passed at the time of their untimely deaths.that is for the next life,and as for the WHY of it,that is for the next life as well.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,034,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Well, I take it these are rhetorical questions. And why do babies and children die of diseases and starve to death. The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind -- the answer is blowing in the wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t4g_...eature=related
No, they were not meant to be rhetorical questions and I mentioned nothing about babies. These people were people of faith; they lived the "prepared life" they were Christian Veterans and yet they fared no better in the physical end than the next guy. I say live life and enjoy it. Life's to short to waste on man-made fundamentalisms. Let no man be your spiritual judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity