U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,250,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Harder times ahead...to prepare, or not to prepare?
When you spend all of your time, effort, etc. preparing to die a horrible death, I suspect you will, looking for signs of it coming in everything and anything. You are a religious hypochondriac, which must be a miserable way to exist.

I don't follow this nonsense, nor shall I be persuaded by the fear mongers to do so, I choose life, and I will live it without this debilitating and apparently paralyzing dread you seem to have hanging over you.

The sun will come up tomorrow, it is the next day of my life, not as you see it as one less day to live. I really pity you, but I can't help you, only you can free yourself from this debilitating self defeating belief system.

For those that enjoy being miserable, well enjoy but it brings only misery.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 06-16-2010 at 08:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:04 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,224,274 times
Quote:

I have a feeling that before we are raptured we may very well see the fall of America, and suffer the horrors that go with that.
Betsey,it doesn't sound like things are going to be bad before we are called to leave.I say this because:

Luke 17:26 "And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:Luke 17:28 "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; (NASB 1995)

So God Bless and don't worry! You and your family will be taken care of.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,224,274 times
..the difference here is that as in the days of Noah,Noah and his family were going to be left behind to weather the storm.they HAD to prepare.And God told them how to do it.
as for us,things will be the same as far as what is going on in the world..most being unsuspecting as to what is upcoming,and so everyday life will continue on in same said fashion for most.IMO a financial crisis is not going to occur before the rapture.if so,then things would certainly not be the same,and ppl would not be carrying on in the same manner.JMO.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:40 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,570,351 times
Quote:
You know, there's other threads elsewhere that's not in the "Christian" section that talks about survival, homesteading, prepping etc. and the people, Non-christians (the majority) are replying in numbers. (And they're not mocking and scoffing either).....Some say they are: saving, moving, learning how to grow garden, learning how to can, storing for a "rainy" day, living off grid, etc..

Why? Do you people find it strange that a Believer might want to do the same? I hear so much: "trust in God, He will provide", stop living in fear"...... Let me ask you guys a question:

1. Did not Noah prepare for his household for the crisis of the universal flood, by obedience to the revelation from God?

2. Did Joseph not store up quantities of grain in Egypt when Pharaoh’s dream warned there would be seven years of plenty followed by seven years of famine?

3. DO you have children to feed?

Like I said before - preparedness seems to be (generally) under rated in Christianity.

The bible does say "time and chance happen to all" and that "men are snared when an evil time comes upon them".

It does seem weird to me however that 'end timers' would be so concerned with their physical well being. Especially when they think that God is going to burn all the earth and most of humanity with fire, then really, what difference does it make? Just try to save a few more souls before God lowers the boom and kills everyone and sends them to hell forever.

I guess if you want to survive for the purpose of warning more people (about the good news???) then it could make sense.

So kudos for preparedness but boo on the doomsday/sky is falling propaganda.

The world system thrives off of fear and sensationalism and it is not of the Father.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:46 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,570,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Betsey,it doesn't sound like things are going to be bad before we are called to leave.I say this because:

Luke 17:26 "And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:Luke 17:28 "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; (NASB 1995)

So God Bless and don't worry! You and your family will be taken care of.
Wow - that's a great point. I don't subscribe to end time futurist rapture theory but yes - everything (it says) will be hunky dory for the evil doers until God sweeps all the evil (ie: oppression and hate and war etc) (note: NOT the righteous) from the earth.

"The meek shall inherit the earth"

Old 06-17-2010, 03:48 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,749,151 times
But, would you act differently knwoing the exact date and time the world ended? Or should you be living that good way all the time?

If you believe in it and are good your whole life, stocking up with flashlights and a bible for a week will not help you. If you have led a bad life and know it was wrong, then you obviously believe there is a right and a wrong way to act.

It's like deathbed converts; those that don't believe actions will equate to anything when they die will likely live and (not) prepare to die that way. If they have a lst minute change of heart, the better for them.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,454,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
If you're going to die, why worry about it? Canned corn won't help you
I'm not worried about dying. It's not about canned corn, flashlights, nor batteries. It's far more greater than that.......It's for the many you that will come...not expecting that you would understand, it's my assignment. You just come, that's your part.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
When you spend all of your time, effort, etc. preparing to die a horrible death, I suspect you will, looking for signs of it coming in everything and anything. You are a religious hypochondriac, which must be a miserable way to exist.

I don't follow this nonsense, nor shall I be persuaded by the fear mongers to do so, I choose life, and I will live it without this debilitating and apparently paralyzing dread you seem to have hanging over you.

The sun will come up tomorrow, it is the next day of my life, not as you see it as one less day to live. I really pity you, but I can't help you, only you can free yourself from this debilitating self defeating belief system.

For those that enjoy being miserable, well enjoy but it brings only misery.

You said:
You are a religious hypochondriac, which must be a miserable way to exist. I really pity you, but I can't help you.....

Betsey said: I haven't disrespected you in the least, nor.......... shall I start. You just keep on doing YOU if that's the life you choose to live, but please save the pity for YOURSELF.

PS:
If it's not for you...again, it's not for you. The thread is not about Betsey, but prepping, preparing, etc...... please don't disrespect and attack me because you don't agree, Asheville Native, save that for tone for your mother, I'm not her. Can we agree to that?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
I believe God is preparing people. I almost wanted to say His people & I guess they are, but I believe God is preparing and calling people & that includes ones that are not saved yet, but will be. I too have dreams nothing unusual, but two weeks ago I had this one strange dream vision that I'm like where did that come from.

The Dream / Vision

There was a time capsule with out a lid being poured onto the earth. Then there were 4 horses riding in the heavenly headed toward the earth. I think it was 4. The first had a mans body & horses bottom. I forget the correct name for it. It also had different type of hooves, not from a horse. I couldn't tell what the face was, but it had rams horns on the top if its head. The second had a lions face, a humans body, and horses bottom with the same type of hooves as the first. The other 2 were behind & I could only see an outline of their bodies. Then there was this woman with long flowing white hair, but I could only see her from the side. She was just standing there. That was it & I woke up. Now this dream vision was different for me because usually I dream in color, but this was mostly black & white except the blue on the woman.

Thank you for sharing your dream. Have this dream prompted you to do anything differently?

Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,250,428 times
Quote:

You said:
You are a religious hypochondriac, which must be a miserable way to exist. I really pity you, but I can't help you.....

Betsey said: I haven't disrespected you in the least, nor.......... shall I start. You just keep on doing YOU if that's the life you choose to live, but please save the pity for YOURSELF.

PS:
If it's not for you...again, it's not for you. The thread is not about Betsey, but prepping, preparing, etc...... please don't disrespect and attack me because you don't agree, Asheville Native, save that for tone for your mother, I'm not her. Can we agree to that?
First, this was not addressed to you specifically, but to the many that have the same doom and gloom outlook due to having the same beliefs, you just happened to be the one that brought up the topic.

Well Betsey, my mother is long dead and gone, nor do I have a clue why you choose to snipe at me in such a manner.

You have also clearly branded me as an uncivilized heathen cause I am an Atheists, and we are really really awful people, don't you agree.

But perhaps you are completely wrong, and this was a helping hand so to speak, to put a concept in your thought process that it is not all gloom and doom, and while tomorrow will be one day closer to the grave for both of us, it is such a self defeating process to view it as such and not look at the possibilities that tomorrow brings.

Please feel free to relish in your gloom and doom of whatever you envision as your future, I choose to take a more positive outlook. Misery will certainly be found it that is what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity