U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 AM

497 posts, read 774,925 times

Advertisements

Chris: I don't believe in your god, but I am going to speak to you as if he is real, since that is where you are coming from, okay?

There are a few things you need to remind yourself. First, god made you the way you are, so how can being gay be a sin because god doesn't make mistakes. Second, you will never find peace if you keep suppressing your god-given nature. Third, you don't have to give up on your parents, even if they seem to give up on you. Fourth, you can find a Christian religion that loves and accepts you forthe beautiful person god made you to be.

Tell your parents. Come back out of the closet, and stand up for yourself like the bold, wonderful person god meant you to be. Keep communication open with your parents and show them that you are nothing to fear. Be proud of yourself, and don't ever let anyone make you feel less of a person or a child of god simply because god made you gay.

Above all, love yourself. You deserve it, and before anyone else can love you, you need to love and accept yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM

21,199 posts, read 20,176,311 times
Hi Chris! I sent you a direct message since I thought that I would get ripped apart for my advice to you here. However, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that so many people (not all) here share my sentiments to you. You are who you are because you were made that way. There is nothing wrong with you. We only get one life - don't live it in constant torment and misery. You cannot live a lie - it isn't fair to yourself. You are who God intended you to be. Love yourself. Love your family - even if they can't be a good family to you yet. Hopefully in time they will be. There are many churches who believe that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. And if you need to hear words of encouragement - as you can see - there are many here who will give it to you.
I am thrilled to see how many others on here have been supportive and encouraging.
Always listen to your heart.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,679,421 times
Whether or not your family is entirely in the truth, I do not know. Just calling ourselves Christians does not make it so. We must walk in the truth, and that's why we must examine ourselves with the Word of God; not with our feelings, nor with our theories, but in the truth. 100% truth.

Now, regarding your desire for the same sex, it's very possible that you were born with that wrong desire; we live in a fallen world. Jesus can, however, deliver the homosexual as easy as He delivers the fornicators, adulterers, alcoholics, drug addicts, thieves, devil worshipers, sorcerers and all other sinners. Jesus can deliver anyone from anything that is not of God, but the person has to sincerely want to be set free.

Eph.2
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
[2] Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
[3] Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
[4] But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
[5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )

Once delivered, the devil can still tempt you with desire, but you will have the power of God to resist sin, which is of the devil.

James 4:7 - Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

How do you resist the devil?

Rev. 12:11 - And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Speak the Word of God and use the blood of Jesus when the devil comes to tempt you with any sin. When you do this, you trample the devil underfoot.

Luke 10:19- Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

This is victorious living! Hallelujah!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:12 PM

7,880 posts, read 6,694,019 times
Peace that comes from God comes through HIS Spirit, by the presence of the Lord peace will come . The only way the Peace of God can come to you is by praying for the Baptism of Holy Spirit and receiving that gift in your life.....The works of the flesh there is no Peace of God, even for believers who love the Lord God with all their hearts there is an empty feeling in the flesh , but Joy and love through the Fruit of the Spirit......So go and get baptised in water and turn from sin and go to a Church were there is a profound presence and witness of Holy Spirit, and if your family rejects you from Going to Jesus than Jesus won`t have you until you repent and get water baptised and show heaven a witness that you want sin out of your life.......

Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,559,195 times
Well Chris, I'll give you my opinion as a gay man who was raised in a fairly fundamentalist (not as fundamental or extreme as yours) family. I decided in college to finally deal with my being gay, came out, told my family, and gave them the option for me to walk out the door and never see me again. They didn't take that option, but our relationship has been somewhat distant since then. I will say that I've never been that close to them, and have done quite well in creating my own family outside of my birth family for support and love, which is something many gay men end up doing in these situations.

You need to step back and take a look at your situation. Like you said, these people are basically in a controlling cult. You were raised in that environment and basically had to deal with your own homophobia in order to "come out". You're never going to change your family and pretending to be one of them will never make you happy either. I don't know how old you are (I'm thinking low 20s?) but you can get past your family. Unfortunately, it could be like dealing with the death of many loved ones at once. But it's the only way you'll find happiness. YOU know what you choose and don't choose. No God would create you this way only to send you to hell! You know this. They don't. They're wrong.

I would suggest leaving and keeping some sort of relationship with your family until you build a new family. By this, I mean making good friends, gay and gay-friendly. There are many gay-friendly churches out there where you could find support, love, and a shoulder to cry on. You can't blame yourself, hate yourself, or deny yourself the love that you can find elsewhere. You've got one life, so live it for you!

I came out to my parents 17 years ago. Now I have a partner of 14 years, two beautiful children, a wonderful church, loving friends and neighbors, and believe it or not, parents that come to visit and see their grandkids. Even without my parents and birth family, I'd still have a great life right now. Unfortunately, religion, and specifically fundamentalist religion, does a lot of damage to a lot of people in this world, and you're one of them. But you can move past it and have a wonderful life!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Chris,

Just so you know, there are people here who are fundamentalists who would condemn your soul to hell for knowing you are homosexual. They have a litmus test for who they believe God loves. I'm just posting this to warn you that there are some here who would treat you about the same as you family and your church. On the other hand, there are Christians here who believe that God is love and his love does not depend on us being perfect or sinless. Beware of the leaven of the pharisee spirit - it is present here everyday.

Heartsong
I'll second your post! After reading some of them, they're just as wrong as his family.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post

You still seem young and still at that stage where you are living to please family and tat is understandable. Get to about 40 and you will find out garbage about all kinds of people who, along the way, were pointing fingers and condemning. It is then you will have that eureka moment where you asks, "now why the hell was I paying attention to these people again???" Meanwhile you will be regretting all those productive years you robbed yourself trying to impress others. Save yourself the trouble son. Your happiness is NOT what others dictate to you it should be!
This is SO true! When I was young, I thought that people who placed themselves in a position of authority were always right. They aren't!

When I was little, we also were members of an Independent Baptist Church with a fire and brimstone preacher who wagged his finger at me every Sunday and yelled, "Turn or Burn Sinner!", which filled me with so much fear that I got saved at age 5 (like I had a clue what was going on!). That same man was later removed from that church for embezzlement, and having affairs with two women behind his wife's back. And I'M the sinner? I've never cheated on my partner or stolen money!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Amen!

And congratulations Chris for trusting in God and repenting of homosexuality.

And remember this:

God loves homosexuals, but God hates homosexuality.

God loves the sinner, but hates sin.

Love the homosexual, but hate homosexuality.

Love the sinner, but hate sin.

God has always loved you and always will. But you have honored God and turned from homosexuality, Amen.

Satan has made sure that homosexuality is becoming accepted and that the young children are being conditioned to be brought up believing its ok! So can you imagine when our young grow up, the world will FULLY accept homosexuality as "normal"

Homosexuals can be healed and made whole! through the grace of God! But only if they are willing to repent! If they realise it's wrong, yet cherish and love this homosexual behaviour, there is no grace.

A while back I read a powerful testimony from a homosexual who was born again and repented from homosexuality and is now filled with peace and Gods Holy Spirit! The spirit of homosexuality will be CAST OUT sooner or later when Jesus enters the persons life.

Those who disagree with me are the ones that love and cherish the spirit of homosexuality and refuse to repent. Looking for a loophole in homosexuality wont work! There is none!

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

homosexuality is a sickness! and you can be healed! You only "think" you are a homosexual because as a child you were molested or neglected as a child! According to a huge survey done on homosexuals, these were what was the finding that I mentioned.

I saw a documentary on this, and they said they interviewed over a thousand homosexuals, and what they learned was that most of them were molested by a man when they were young! And the rest it seems were neglected by their dad when growing up, and they longed to be loved and hugged by their dad and never got it. As a result they are homosexual to get love and attention from a man which they were denied as a youngster. And the young boys who were raped, had been conditioned with mixed signals.

Somehow they try to replace a loving relationship with their dad that they never had with a relationship with a man! And this is sad as it then goes one step further as you know and becomes sexual in a homosexual relationship.
There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin. Sorry, but you've bought into pure lies and trash that's used to demonize and dehumanize gay men. I'm gay, was never molested, recruited, or tricked into it. Nor do I know any gay men who were molested. This is all just sick misinformation and lies used to ruin people's lives, tear apart families, and spread hatred.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM

365 posts, read 425,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Homosexuality is not a sin. ....
Who told you it's not a sin?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM

365 posts, read 425,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin. Sorry, but you've bought into pure lies and trash that's used to demonize and dehumanize gay men. I'm gay, was never molested, recruited, or tricked into it. Nor do I know any gay men who were molested. This is all just sick misinformation and lies used to ruin people's lives, tear apart families, and spread hatred.
And that's YOUR opinion and I do not agree with you. Many people hate the truth so much that they get angry when the truth is shared.

And do not be deceived... any gay man who refuses to repent, will never enter the kingdom of God. That is a biblical FACT!

Jesus spread so much truth that most people got so angry with Him that they wanted to kill him, and eventually they did. This is what the truth does to most people, it activated an anger in them that they even will lie to defend themselves and even make false accusations towards the person who is sharing the truth.

God created Adam and Even, not Adam and Steve.

For biblical texts regarding homosexuality, you can read the following passages: Genesis 19:1-11; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:20-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:9-11; Jude 7.

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

God never changes, he is the same yesterday, today and forever. And DEATH will certaintly come to homosexuals who have refused to repent! That's what God says, so that is what will happen!

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

Many gay men have deceptively convinced themselves that God is OK with their homosexuality and that they need not repent. Well the truth is... the bible contradicts that..and any gay man who has refused to repent will NEVER enter heaven. God calls this type of behavior DETESTABLE, Amen.

Last edited by PurpleHeart; 06-16-2010 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity