Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times

Advertisements

Please reply with scripture.
THANK YOU!!

GOD BLESS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
THANK YOU!!

GOD BLESS!!!
John 14:26 But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring all things to your REMEMBRANCE, whatever I have said to you.

27 Peace, I leave you with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you. I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter, I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Blessings...

Old 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM

17 posts, read 22,117 times
Awesome Question. The primary focus of the holy spirit (the helper). is to Convict men of sin. If you read through Romans, almost a systematic events of conversion. Understanding of Sin, position before God and our depravity, Conviction of Sin (holy spirit), Regeneration, Acceptance/Belief/repentance and faith in Christ with Continious Repentance and growing in holiness (all done by Christ, for Christ through Christ)

John 16:7-9

7"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the (L)Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
8"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;

To understand the context the "world" doesn't actually mean the entire world obviously, but in context to those who are in the world who have yet to believe.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Exactly - to sum it up, He's to consistently point us to Jesus.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Jesus said `` Therefore I say to you every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven men anyone who speaks a word against the son of man it will be forgiven him , but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven him either in this age or the age to come.. Matthew 12: 31-32....... See Holy Spirit is the deliverer of the redeption of sin if you push him away and reject him your sin will not be forgiven, You blaspheme the Holy Spirit by rejecting Jesus Christ, by rejecting the gifts and purpose of Holy Spirit ... spirit of anitchrist rejects Christ or the Holy Spirit... Holy Spirit is the Presence of the Lord God in the world........Christ is the Holy Spirit......Jesus became Jesus Christ at his baptism when the spirit like a dove come down on him after John the baptist baptized him...........

Old 04-05-2010, 02:54 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,301 times
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
--Joel 2:28

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(John 14:16,17)

It is importance to seek a personal relationship with God as when we do he sends the Holy Spirit to guide us and receive God’s Love…this is how we become at-one with our Father.

God loves His children so much that He wanted His children to always know that they are safe, they are loved, and they are whole. God created the Holy Spirit as a way to ensure that God’s children would always know these things. God gave this Voice to His children, and this Voice is now a part of them. It is the eternal perspective of Truth, Love, and Reality that cannot be taken from God's children. It is the Voice of God and Love that comes from him instilled within and the ever‑present reminder to God's children of the Truth of Who and What they are and the Love their Father has for them.

By creating the Holy Spirit, God provided a way to bring His Voice and his Divine Love into each of His children as they went out into the world so that they could always remember the Truth of Who and What they are. The Holy Spirit's function and purpose is to bring God’s Voice and his Divinity to each of God’s children, guiding them, directing them, loving them, and restoring their thinking to God's.
Little by little, as you hear, recognize, understand, and become aware of the Holy Spirit in different ways—

To me when I feel the Holy Spirit…I get the goosebumps…that is how I have come to recognize and decipher truth.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
To me when I feel the Holy Spirit…I get the goosebumps…that is how I have come to recognize and decipher truth.
Me too...

Old 04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
THANK YOU!!

GOD BLESS!!!
It must be to inspire another protestant denomination. Okay, I don't personally think that, but if you check with the originator of each new denomination, the person always credits the Holy Spirit. I'm just saying.....

Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
It must be to inspire another protestant denomination. Okay, I don't personally think that, but if you check with the originator of each new denomination, the person always credits the Holy Spirit. I'm just saying.....
This message is for ALL denominations and all races:

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must born again again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and wither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

When the sinless Son of Man died on the cross, he conquered death and gave the Holy Spirit of God to all who were dead (genesis 2:17)...so that he who believes will be REBORN in the Spirit.

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to bottom; and the earth quake, and rocks rent...(until this time, only the priests could go inside and approach the holy of holies)

We can now approach GOD directly without mediation from men!

Blessings...

Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times
I do like the responses. Keep them coming!!! I have my own take on this, yet I love the different opinions. My thought starts with 1Peter 1:22,23 it says

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in OBEYING THE TRUTH THROUGH THE SPIRIT unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptable seed, but of INCORRUPTABLE, by THE WORD of God, which liveth and ABIDETH FOR EVER."

I'm probably gonna catch some heat for this, but Here goes................

These verses tell me that we will OBEY THE TRUTH through God's Holy Spirit. That with it, we will be INCORRUPTABLE by THE WORD OF GOD. And that it will ABIDETH FOREVER. What does that mean???

Glad you asked!!!
In order for us to obey the truth, we must know what the truth is. The bible says:

"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy LAW IS TRUTH." (Psalm 119:142)

"Thou art near,O Lord; and ALL THY COMMANDMENTS ARE TRUTH." (Psalm 119:151)

God's law is truth!! Is this the bibles only example of THE TRUTH??

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

So the law is truth and Jesus is truth. Next, it says the born again are incorruptable by THE WORD OF GOD. What is THE WORD??

"In the beginning was the Word, and THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, and THE WORD WAS GOD." (John 1:1)

"And THE WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and TRUTH." (John 1:14)

Jesus is "THE WORD." Is this the only example of THE WORD??

"My tongue shall speak of THY WORD: for ALL THY COMMANDMENTS are righteousness" (Psalm119:172)

So once again, the law is the word and Jesus is the word. Seems as though Jesus and the ten commandments are more connected than most believe!!

O.K. I am now ready for the backlash!!!!!

Oh well!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity