U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-20-2010, 02:19 AM
 
12,648 posts, read 6,509,932 times
Reputation: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No need to worry, Mike. God is working ALL things after the counsel of HIS own will.
Maybe you don't like the idea of God being able to do whatever He wants, but who are we to say what God will or will not do?
In all things give GOD the glory. If you are convinced that other people are not "right with God," give it to Him in prayer. PRAY for those who are lost. Love your enemies.
God is the judge, not you. All you are called to do is praise Him and let Him have His way in your life.
God is in control, not us. Without Him, none of us would even be breathing.
Praise God!

blessings,
brian
God has already made it clear what He is going to do with regard to the unbeliever. He is going to cast all unbelievers into the etenal fire. And it is what they deserve. The Scriptures say it over and over. Oh, but wait. You just allegorize the heck out of the Bible and make that nasty old reality go away. Enjoy your fantasy land while you can. It is not going to last.

 
Old 06-20-2010, 02:21 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 2,668,190 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God has already made it clear what He is going to do with regard to the unbeliever. He is going to cast all unbelievers into the etenal fire. And it is what they deserve. The Scriptures say it over and over. Oh, but wait. You just allegorize the heck out of the Bible and make that nasty old reality go away. Enjoy your fantasy land while you can. It is not going to last.
Blessings to you, Mike.
brian
 
Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
6,805 posts, read 4,640,645 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God has already made it clear what He is going to do with regard to the unbeliever. He is going to cast all unbelievers into the etenal fire. And it is what they deserve. The Scriptures say it over and over. Oh, but wait. You just allegorize the heck out of the Bible and make that nasty old reality go away. Enjoy your fantasy land while you can. It is not going to last.
God has made it clear or you think it is clear?

I just love how you KNOW what God says, does, thinks, wants....

Did you ever reply to the post about why you claim God only loves his own holiness and Justice? Does that mean that you disagree that God is love? or that God loves mankind? Because you said that God loves himself and I assume that means more than others especially those who don't believe... right? so is he then selfish? unloving?
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:25 AM
 
139 posts, read 87,593 times
Reputation: 44
the true gospel is god's wisdom which speaks to our souls and gives us peace in our hearts and sets us free.

The false gospel feeds our carnal mind leaving us in darkness and doubt and confusion.
the time we stop seeking knowledge about god and start seeking god himself is when he can lead us in all truths and set us free from our carnal minds and worldly desires.
and perhaps instead of debating maybe we can come together and rejoice in his love instead

blessed day to all.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 2,668,190 times
Reputation: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
the true gospel is god's wisdom which speaks to our souls and gives us peace in our hearts and sets us free.

The false gospel feeds our carnal mind leaving us in darkness and doubt and confusion.
the time we stop seeking knowledge about god and start seeking god himself is when he can lead us in all truths and set us free from our carnal minds and worldly desires.
and perhaps instead of debating maybe we can come together and rejoice in his love instead

blessed day to all.
Very much agreed! Thank you!

blessings,
brian
 
Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Vancouver, BC
823 posts, read 612,100 times
Reputation: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
the true gospel is god's wisdom which speaks to our souls and gives us peace in our hearts and sets us free.

The false gospel feeds our carnal mind leaving us in darkness and doubt and confusion.
the time we stop seeking knowledge about god and start seeking god himself is when he can lead us in all truths and set us free from our carnal minds and worldly desires.
and perhaps instead of debating maybe we can come together and rejoice in his love instead

blessed day to all.
BINGO

It is not just knowledge but the seeking of his Love to fill our souls that truly enlightens us to the truth. For all of those lurking - God's Love would never bring darkness to you. Please know and trust that!
 
Old 06-20-2010, 12:55 PM
 
12,648 posts, read 6,509,932 times
Reputation: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
God has made it clear or you think it is clear?

I just love how you KNOW what God says, does, thinks, wants....



Did you ever reply to the post about why you claim God only loves his own holiness and Justice? Does that mean that you disagree that God is love? or that God loves mankind? Because you said that God loves himself and I assume that means more than others especially those who don't believe... right? so is he then selfish? unloving?
What I said in post #81 is presented below. The word 'only' is nowhere to be found.

God loves His own integrity, His own righteousness above all else. He will never compromise His integrity and in fact He can't. It's impossible. It is the justice of God that will leave in eternal condemnation those who die without Christ. God's love doesn't save anyone. God's love only motivated Him to provide salvation for those who believe in Christ. It was God's justice in imputing the personal sins of the human race to Christ on the Cross and judging those sins that provides salvation for those who have faith in Christ. It is the same justice that leaves in condemnation all who reject Christ as Savior.

All who die without Christ remain under the eternal condemnation under which they were born into the world.

Only a fool denies that man has free will. God gave man free will so that he can choose for or against Christ.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Do not obey = free will. The ability to choose to obey (believe) or to choose not to.


John 5:40 and you are unwilling to come to Me that you may have life.

You are unwilling to come to Me = free will. The ability to choose to answer God's call and come to Christ for salvation or to choose not to answer.


Acts 7:51 ''You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit...

Always resisting the Holy Spirit = free will. The ability to choose to resist or not to resist.


2 Thess 2:10 ...and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. [11] And for this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they might believe what is false, [12] in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

And that, despite the fact that God desires that all men be saved as per 1 Tim. 2:4

And so again, John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him.

SHALL NOT SEE LIFE!!! SHALL NOT SEE LIFE!!! SHALL NOT SEE LIFE!!! That's an absolute. Shall NEVER see life. Those who die not having believed in Christ for salvation, shall never see life. Not cessation of existence, but complete and utter ruin and uselessness in torment in the lake of fire for all eternity looking toward the future.

THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES-REMAINS ON HIM!!!
THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES-REMAINS ON HIM!!!
THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES-REMAINS ON HIM!!!

God offers salvation through faith in Christ and places the responsibility on man to accept the offer in order to be saved. Those who end up in the lake of fire end up there as a result of their own rejection of Jesus Christ.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 01:18 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,005,813 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. Many of you people have never understood the issue in salvation. And many of you deny the deity of Christ, which means you have placed your faith in a false Jesus. Anyone who claims to be a believer in Christ but rejects His deity, is not saved because they have an improper object for their faith. If you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God, then you remain under eternal condemnation and remain lost.

Savation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. But if you don't recognize the fact that He is God, then you don't know who He is at all.
Just to clarify, I'm not one of the "many" you speak of.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 01:29 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,005,813 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Originally Posted by Mike555
God loves His own integrity, His own righteousness above all else.

Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow
You also said in Post #21, "Above all else, God loves His own holiness, which is a part of His essence, which is His glory."

Where does it say any of this in the bible?

Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow
Mike555, are you going to answer my question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
For one. Exodus 15:11. Who is like unto thee. O LORD, among the gods? Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

For another, In Isaiah's vision where he sees the Lord sitting on a throne in Isaiah 6:2 Above it stood the seraphim; each one had six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he did fly. [3] And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.

Isaiah 57:15 For thus says the high and exalted One Who lives forever, whose name is Holy, ''I dwell in a high and holy place...

Isaiah 42:8 ''I am the LORD, that is my name; I will not give my glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images.

The word of God speaks more about His holiness than it does about His love. And God is never said to be love, love, love. But He is said to be holy, holy, holy.

God's holiness is more important to Him than anything else.
You answered as I thought you would. You posted a few verses to pretend like you had an answer, when none of these verses come close to saying that above all else, God loves His own integrity, righteousness, holiness, or glory. IMO, your claim is the same as saying that God loves Himself above all else and there are no scriptures to support your claim.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 01:39 PM
 
699 posts, read 519,923 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
the true gospel is god's wisdom which speaks to our souls and gives us peace in our hearts and sets us free.
The gospel is a message that needs to be preached. Therefore, it contains knowledge that one must know to be saved.

Quote:
The false gospel feeds our carnal mind leaving us in darkness and doubt and confusion.
the time we stop seeking knowledge about god and start seeking god himself is when he can lead us in all truths and set us free from our carnal minds and worldly desires.
Whether you intended this or not, you are essentially arguing against the need for revelation. Any knowledge of God--any whatsoever--must come to us through divine revelation. If God chose not to reveal Himself to us at all, we could know nothing at all about Him. Thus, revelation is absolutely essential. That means that knowledge is absolutely essential. Ironically, then, the very thing you are arguing against--darkness, doubt and confusion--is precisely the thing you are arguing for, since without revelation we would truly be in the dark.

What you are arguing for is extremely diabolical, though you may not have meant it as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top