U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-20-2010, 06:41 PM

19,364 posts, read 9,504,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your attempts at logic would have Mr. Spock rolling on the ground in gut busting laughter. Nothing of what I have said needs defending as it stands in the truth of the word of God. As I said, it is useless presenting the truth to you, and so I will not even try.
Mike it's a shame that you do not believe your own posts , you are forever trying to defend on here what you perceive as being the truth .

Old 06-20-2010, 07:47 PM

78 posts, read 58,741 times
Quote:
Quote by: mike555:

The word of God speaks more about His holiness than it does about His love. And God is never said to be love, love, love.

just wondering how do you explain these away:

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

or this one

1Jo 4:16 -And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 PM

5,966 posts, read 3,018,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
just wondering how do you explain these away:

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

or this one

1Jo 4:16 -And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
I was wondering the same thing, but figured someone else would have asked him by now. "GOD IS LOVE" - the most profound statement found in all the scriptures (IMO).

Old 06-20-2010, 08:08 PM

3,371 posts, read 2,025,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I was wondering the same thing, but figured someone else would have asked him by now. "GOD IS LOVE" - the most profound statement found in all the scriptures (IMO).

We have told him all about His love, and we have also tried to explain how his love is so powerful that it will defeat all the darkness in the universe someday.

He just replies with long posts about why God's love will be superseded by his wrath forever and ever.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
We have told him. He just replies with long posts about why God's love will be superseded by his wrath forever and ever.
I believe Mike is tormented inside, i cannot see how he cannot be believing how he does do.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love 1 John 4 :18

Old 06-20-2010, 08:22 PM

20,049 posts, read 21,034,039 times
Quote:
Your attempts at logic would have Mr. Spock rolling on the ground in gut busting laughter. Nothing of what I have said needs defending as it stands in the truth of the word of God. As I said, it is useless presenting the truth to you, and so I will not even try.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:27 PM

12,878 posts, read 6,956,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Mike it's a shame that you do not believe your own posts , you are forever trying to defend on here what you perceive as being the truth .
I absolutely believe my own posts. They are fundamental beliefs to Christianity. The reason I post is to counter the false doctrines that you uni's spout in an attemt to lull the gullible into a false sense of security about their eternal future. You felt the need to post the above for what reason?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I absolutely believe my own posts. They are fundamental beliefs to Christianity. The reason I post is to counter the false doctrines that you uni's spout in an attemt to lull the gullible into a false sense of security about their eternal future. You felt the need to post the above for what reason?
Because you said truth defends itself , and you have no faith in that whatsoever.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:31 PM

5,966 posts, read 3,018,639 times
Quote:
I think he was referring to when you said you had no need to defend your posts because they were based on the 'true word of God' or some such. Then you turn around and defend your posts. I think that was what he was getting at. But I might be wrong.

Heartsong

Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I think he was referring to when you said you had no need to defend your posts because they were based on the 'true word of God' or some such. Then you turn around and defend your posts. I think that was what he was getting at. But I might be wrong.

Heartsong
You are right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.