U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,393,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I absolutely believe my own posts. They are fundamental beliefs to Christianity. The reason I post is to counter the false doctrines that you uni's spout in an attemt to lull the gullible into a false sense of security about their eternal future. You felt the need to post the above for what reason?
I'm going to assume that you have no response to my last post on The Restoration of All Things thread because you cannot scripturally refute it. You ALWAYS respond with a long cut-and-paste or repeat of your pevious posts.

I'll be waiting.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:36 PM

20,360 posts, read 15,747,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
just wondering how do you explain these away:

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

or this one

1Jo 4:16 -And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
God is love. But God is also holy. God's holiness condemns those who reject Christ as Savior. Gods love will not prevent Him from carrying out the demands of His holiness. What the righteousness of God approves of, divine justice blesses. What the righteousness of God disapproves of, divine justice must discipline (believer), or curse (unbeliever). For the unbeliever, that means eternal torment in the lake of fire.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 PM

20,360 posts, read 15,747,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'm going to assume that you have no response to my last post on The Restoration of All Things thread because you cannot scripturally refute it. You ALWAYS respond with a long cut-and-paste or repeat of your pevious posts.

I'll be waiting.
I will get to you when and if I get around to it. Your post is off topic on that thread anyway.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM

21,439 posts, read 29,627,133 times
Quote:
God is love. But God is also holy. God's holiness condemns those who reject Christ as Savior. Gods love will not prevent Him from carrying out the demands of His holiness. What the righteousness of God approves of, divine justice blesses. What the righteousness of God disapproves of, divine justice must discipline (believer), or curse (unbeliever). For the unbeliever, that means eternal torment in the lake of fire.
You are correct Mike! Some people just want to preach God is love (and yes He is love) and He is a just and fair God, and He is not going to let people who reject Him enter into His presence, that would go against His character and nature.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I will get to you when and if I get around to it. Your post is off topic on that thread anyway.

Hmmmmm.......

I thought your thread was called "The Restoration of All Things."

My post was talking about the fallen angels being RESTORED. So......

I already know you don't scripturally have an answer, so don't worry about it.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:55 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,726,762 times
Quote:
For the unbeliever, that means eternal torment in the lake of fire.
To the contrary.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM

30,365 posts, read 20,096,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You are correct Mike! Some people just want to preach God is love (and yes He is love) and He is a just and fair God, and He is not going to let people who reject Him enter into His presence, that would go against His character and nature.
ILNC
Please read this passage of scripture then read what you posted again

52And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

His mission is not to destroy lives but save them .

ILNC do you not see what spirit you are off to stand in agreement with someone who is condemning men to eternal torment ?.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
His character was shown on the cross, NOT in the Old Testament for the most part. He hung out with SINNERS. They were in his presence. As he hung on the cross with his killers standing around below him, mocking him, he said FATHER, FORGIVE them.

THAT is his character.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:17 PM

30,365 posts, read 20,096,324 times
Quote:
Much of this comes from a belief in a trinity (no offence to UR'ers who believe in it).

We have one part of the trinity that hates and destroys men at will because of their sin, we have Jesus the 2nd part of the trinity that is a complete contradiction to the 1st part of the trinity, and we have the Holy Ghost the 3rd part of the trinity which is a unknown entity to many of those who believe in the trinity.

When we begin to see Christ in the OT we will no longer have pre conceived ideas of God and a misconception of who He really is (see below)

The Son is the radiance of Godís glory and the exact representation of his being. Hebrews 1 : 3

Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM

21,439 posts, read 29,627,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
ILNC
Please read this passage of scripture then read what you posted again

52And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

His mission is not to destroy lives but save them .

ILNC do you not see what spirit you are off to stand in agreement with someone who is condemning men to eternal torment ?.
Jame and John were rejected by the Samaritans and wanted to retaliate by calling down fire from Heaven on the people, but judgment belongs to God.
Yes His mission is to save lives, but not everyone is going to accept that. God is Holy and unholy things don't mix with a Holy God. Unbelievers will go to hell because they are incompatible with a Holy God.
Yes I agree with what Mike posts, his post line up with the Word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or