Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Jame and John were rejected by the Samaritans and wanted to retaliate by calling down fire from Heaven on the people, but judgment belongs to God.
Yes His mission is to save lives, but not everyone is going to accept that. God is Holy and unholy things don't mix with a Holy God. Unbelievers will go to hell because they are incompatible with a Holy God.
Yes I agree with what Mike posts, his post line up with the Word of God.
So Jesus failed in his mission and lied when he said he came not to destroy lives ?

Jesus came to destroy him who held the power of death and held men in slavery through the fear of death

14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. Hebrews 1: 14

This is what he came for , not to destroy the lives of men but to destroy him(the devil) who had power over the lives of men.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So Jesus failed in his mission and lied when he said he came not to destroy lives ?
Of course not and you know it! He brings eternal life TO THOSE WHO ACCEPT HIM AS THEIR SAVIOR.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Of course not and you know it! He brings eternal life TO THOSE WHO ACCEPT HIM AS THEIR SAVIOR.
Why do you want to ignore what the scriptures say .

Jesus said He did not come to destroy lives ,not even the lives of those who rejected him .

This is absolutely clear in Luke 9

The very people James and John wanted consumed by fire were samaritans that rejected him/did not receive the message , you cannot deny this .

52And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said,Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

The scriptures are clear it's the devil who held the power of death and by that same power kept men in slavery through fear of death that He came to destroy

14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death Hebrews 2 : 14

Old 06-20-2010, 08:34 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
You are correct Mike! Some people just want to preach God is love (and yes He is love) and He is a just and fair God, and He is not going to let people who reject Him enter into His presence, that would go against His character and nature.

That's right. People distort the love of God and don't even realize that in so doing, they are impugning God's character. It is absolutely impossible for God to act contrary to His nature. All the aspects of His character are in unison with each other and are perfect. He cannot compromise His essence in any manner. The only way possible for God to provide salvation without such a compromise was through the Cross. When the Cross is rejected, God's justice must come into play in righteous judgment against the offender. And that means eternity in the lake of fire.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I know that he didn't fail in his mission , your confession tells me he did .

Old 06-20-2010, 08:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
He punishes for a purpose. He DESTROYS so that he may raise it up again. And we put ON immortality. NONE of us are eternal.

If you believe that Mike, or tradition for that matter, has all the answers, please tell me what is wrong with my last post on "The Restoration of All Things."

God is reconciling ALL just like he said he would do. That, my friend, is a fact of scripture.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:39 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,381 times
Quote:
Jesus is the Savior of the World. That is scriptural. Scripture does not say, "He brings eternal life TO THOSE WHO ACCEPT HIM AS THEIR SAVIOR." If He was Savior contingent on a person's decision, why did He have to die? If we could save ourselves by our own wise decision, we didn't really need a Savior in the first place. We need a Savior because we are unable to save ourselves.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Someone said that God's nature is filtered through his holiness or justice but isn't it clear in the bible that the Jews had an archaic view of God as the God of wrath? Didn't Jesus come to show LOVE? What part of Jesus' ministry shows violence and retribution?

If Jesus is the exact representation of God yet the Jews didn't recognize him as God's anointed one... why was Jesus so very different in nature? He wasn't. He showed us God THROUGH LOVING OTHERS.
Jesus said:
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34)

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," (Matthew 5:44)

"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you." (John 15:12)

"This I command you, that you love one another." (John 15:17)

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love." (John 15:9)

I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. (John 17:23)

Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Mark 10:21) *scholars have wondered about this one for a long time now because it seems out of place that he loved him by saying this....*

"Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little." (Luke 7:47)

Those are just a few I found but I am sure there are more....

Jesus must've been preaching that darn "Love is all you need" false gospel...eh? HE WHO HAS BEEN FORGIVEN LITTLE, LOVES LITTLE..... POWERFUL!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

That's right. People distort the love of God and don't even realize that in so doing, they are impugning God's character. It is absolutely impossible for God to act contrary to His nature. All the aspects of His character are in unison with each other and are perfect. He cannot compromise His essence in any manner. The only way possible for God to provide salvation without such a compromise was through the Cross. When the Cross is rejected, God's justice must come into play in righteous judgment against the offender. And that means eternity in the lake of fire.
True! Hell is a reality because of an incompatibility problem. Holy God and unholy man are incompatible. The rules that govern who goes to Heaven and hell are established by God's nature.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Mike i believe you have never known the love of God . I want you to know that He loves you and in believing that He does love you , all that fear and torment you have will be lifted from you and you will no longer find yourself condemning and deciding who is going into the fire of torment you are in , but you will manifest that same love of God you have come to believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity