U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:38 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,417,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
What are you talking about? I'm not trying to "convert" him. I was showing that he, as an unbeliever, is supporting you and agrees with you, but the Bible says that the opposite will happen if you are a follower of Christ. That shows to me that you aren't following Christ because you are following a false gospel.

The universalist wants to show their love, but the Bible says that "all men will hate you because of me". How is that possible if all you talk about is love? You need to show love by showing the truth and people will not like the truth thus the persecution begins.
Really? So all you care about is debunking Univeralism and not really telling bringing about good works?

The bible didn't say anything... Jesus is recorded IN the bible as having said that to people standing around him listening with real ears. The world would hate those people... where does it state that the world will hate ALL believers in Christ, .... Where is it said that a sign of the truth is when someone says God is Love and God WILL have all men to be saved?

Furthermore.... What persecution? YOURS? Christians nowadays? Please! Those very men that stood there listening to Christ say that they would be hated WERE PERSECUTED! To DEATH.

But you can go on alienating yourself in your belief that the more opposition you receive is proof that you must somehow have a handle on the truth.

The truth is contained in Love... without it your words are fruitless... hence why an non-believer is turned away.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:39 PM

7,544 posts, read 11,589,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It's the Fundamental Christian way, didn't you know? Light 'em on fire...burn 'em all...that aughta teach those dirty sinners what love is...LOL
I'd rather fall into the hands of God than man.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:44 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,695,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I can say that you are completely wrong on one thing for sure! I'm a "she" - not a "he!"
I don't understand why me thinking highly of someone would automatically make you think lowly of that person. That's ridiculous! So - if I tell you all the people that I think highly of - I guess you'd hate them all? Interesting!
Anyway, I'm not here to debate. I'm definitely not here to persecute anyone. Every single person on the face of the earth has their own mind and their own beliefs. I do not think it is possible for any 2 people to see exactly everything in exactly the same way. That's what makes things so interesting. I like what Kat had to say - so I told her. I did not mean to cause trouble. When people compliment me, it makes me feel good. One day I realized that people compliment me a lot more often than I compliment them. It's not that I don't think nice things about other people - I was just too shy to say them. But then I realized - if it makes me feel so good to recieve good words - I should start saying good words to others whenever I feel like it! So that's what I try to do now! When I see something I like - I let people know! Maybe it will brighten their day! Spread the love!
I apologize for calling you a "he"! I don't know why I assume that people are male on here and then I find out they are a female. It doesn't make sense considering I'm a female!

I never said they are lowly or I hate them. I don't even know why you would say that.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,212,059 times
Quote:
I apologize for calling you a "he"! I don't know why I assume that people are male on here and then I find out they are a female. It doesn't make sense considering I'm a female!

I never said they are lowly or I hate them. I don't even know why you would say that.
I apologize - I'm glad you don't hate them. I just got that impression from your posts.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:46 PM

48 posts, read 46,702 times
But, God is not love; God is a tool for religious coercion.

To be clear, God is a human lie; humans use God to control other humans.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Really? So all you care about is debunking Univeralism and not really telling bringing about good works?

The bible didn't say anything... Jesus is recorded IN the bible as having said that to people standing around him listening with real ears. The world would hate those people... where does it state that the world will hate ALL believers in Christ, .... Where is it said that a sign of the truth is when someone says God is Love and God WILL have all men to be saved?

Furthermore.... What persecution? YOURS? Christians nowadays? Please! Those very men that stood there listening to Christ say that they would be hated WERE PERSECUTED! To DEATH.

But you can go on alienating yourself in your belief that the more opposition you receive is proof that you must somehow have a handle on the truth.

The truth is contained in Love... without it your words are fruitless... hence why an non-believer is turned away.
2 Tim 3:12 "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and imposters will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."

Don't you believe the Bible was written for the people back then so these verse don't apply today? If so, that makes sense why you don't think everyone who follows Christ will be persecuted and hated.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,320,862 times
Quote:
You know, I've been thinking about this... Are females more likely to be UR and the guys ETer's? It's weird....but I bet if you took a poll, more guys would be ETer's than the ladies. Do you think so?

My wife and both daughters are all UR's (without my guiding help ). So for the ladies, it's a perfect score in our house. But I'm not sure how this would have worked out if we had sons....any comments from those with both sons and daughters?

Old 06-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
You know, I've been thinking about this... Are females more likely to be UR and the guys ETer's? It's weird....but I bet if you took a poll, more guys would be ETer's than the ladies. Do you think so?

My wife and both daughters are all UR's (without my guiding help ). So for the ladies, it's a perfect score in our house. But I'm not sure how this would have worked out if we had sons....any comments from those with both sons and daughters?
I don't know any universalists in real life so I have no idea.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I apologize - I'm glad you don't hate them. I just got that impression from your posts.
I'm not going to abandon the truth so that I come across loving and tolerant of all beliefs. If I hated them I wouldn't be praying for them daily. Jesus made a lot of people mad by proclaiming the truth hence why he was crucified.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,320,862 times
Quote:
I don't know any universalists in real life so I have no idea.
Are you saying that this board is not really real?...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or