U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,201,811 times
Reputation: 892

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Rev 5:9 and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Your understanding of Revelation is far from the complete, and entire premise of the book itself, and that is the defeat of the covenant of death, the old garment, the old heaven and earth, the old creation, the OLD MAN, for those that are vindicated, and those who are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. The power of sin and death Ironmaw, IS IN THE LAW, and that is what the scripture says. You cannot, in any way, defy this or twist the scriptures to prove your universal salvation views, and IT IS VERY CLEAR, at the close of this elemental transfiguration, that there are those who are CLEARED OF ANY WRONG for their faith, and those that fall short, that become the result of the fate that once held captive the saints like Samuel, David, Daniel, Isaiah, Paul, Peter, John and anyone else after that, experience what the scriptures call the second death, as opposed to be offered the life with Christ eternally

Death is death, and it is not life. And it continues in this new creation.
I rest my case.

Indeed ... We shall surely see ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2010, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,288,619 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Indeed ... We shall surely see ...
Sure you will, if you read the scriptures that tell you this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2010, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,390,644 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Hebrews 2:17 Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

So we confess our sins because Christ already made reconciliation for them?

But you say they must confess their sins as propitiation of their own as well? Where do you see that taught? All sin must have been confessed already because there is no more sacrifice left for sin.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

So really confessing one's sin is not for God's benefit as an ego maniac but for the conscience of the person who confesses them. This has nothing to do with what Christ did once, for all, but man's perception of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
That's your take on it Kat, but your take lacks much thereof.
You can't see past Christ as being only a man, not God in the Flesh.
Did I mention Christ being "only a man, not God in the Flesh" in this thread?? So what kind of statement it that?

ad hominem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,201 posts, read 19,986,915 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Christ is God in the flesh, Aaron was not.
And those of the faith, just like John, are priests and kings now.

We do the confessing.


So Aaron who was earthly had the ability to confess the sins of the children of Israel but the Jesus who is far superior doesn't ? . You are kidding right ?

11If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Perfection does not come by confession but by the priest who came in the order of Melchisedec
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,288,619 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post


So Aaron who was earthly had the ability to confess the sins of the children of Israel but the Jesus who is far superior doesn't ? . You are kidding right ?

11If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Perfection does not come by confession but by the priest who came in the order of Melchisedec
You completely miss the theme here.
It appears you are having trouble with this concept....
Christ became sin for us. We confess our sins to Him. Christ became the goat and the sins laid on Him, replacing any need for a carnal priest. We, the people of the dispensation, the church, now confess them individually in the present tense and perpetually before Him.
Christ doesn't confess anything, because He never did anything against God. This is Type/Shadow/Spritual Reality 101.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,288,619 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Did I mention Christ being "only a man, not God in the Flesh" in this thread?? So what kind of statement it that?

ad hominem?
Have you changed your mind as of late?
Do you believe He was God in the Flesh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 11:00 AM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,244,521 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Isn't arguing God's word fun? Protestantism = (man + bible + books + non-original glasses) x opinion.
I find it humorous that you all are reading from the same book, and squabbling like you were from completely different universes.

Indicates to me that the bible is just like a dictionary, in it you can find anything you need to support your preconceived ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,390,644 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Have you changed your mind as of late?
Do you believe He was God in the Flesh?
What does that have to do with confession = Forgiveness of sins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,288,619 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
What does that have to do with confession = Forgiveness of sins?
Re-read your first post, I was only replying concerning your reply to my reply to pcamps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 04:55 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,201 posts, read 19,986,915 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You completely miss the theme here.
It appears you are having trouble with this concept....
Christ became sin for us. We confess our sins to Him. Christ became the goat and the sins laid on Him, replacing any need for a carnal priest. We, the people of the dispensation, the church, now confess them individually in the present tense and perpetually before Him.
Christ doesn't confess anything, because He never did anything against God. This is Type/Shadow/Spritual Reality 101.
I think you have the priesthood confused due to misconception of the atonement .
Never once did i suggest Christ was confessing anything what had Him at fault , this was the problem with the old priesthood (the priest himself) and the reason we needed a change in the priesthood.

What i was saying by the verses from Leviticus was that it was not the children of Israel confessing their sins but the Priest himself . If the confession of the High Priest gave forgiveness of sins to the children of Israel, how much will the sacrifice of the the Great High Priest Himself

26Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Christ didn't confess our sins , He sacrificed for our sins .

When will Orthodox Christianity give God the credit He desrves for what He has done ? rather than boasting in it's own puny confession of "i believe what the bible says"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top