U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 06:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,386,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I find it humorous that you all are reading from the same book, and squabbling like you were from completely different universes.

Indicates to me that the bible is just like a dictionary, in it you can find anything you need to support your preconceived ideas.
Well, my husband agrees with you, as do I. But we also believe that the GOOD NEWS is hidden within those pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 PM

30,290 posts, read 20,031,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I find it humorous that you all are reading from the same book, and squabbling like you were from completely different universes.
It may look like different universes but in reality It's 2 different spirits .

Old 06-19-2010, 07:59 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,294,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Christ didn't confess our sins , He sacrificed for our sins .

He became sin.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:

Never once did i suggest Christ was confessing anything what had Him at fault , this was the problem with the old priesthood (the priest himself) and the reason we needed a change in the priesthood.
There was fulfillment.

"Nor yet through the blood of goats and calves, but through his own blood, entered in once for all into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption."

The high priest must once a year enter into the holy place with the blood of rams and other offerings, and with these make formal reconciliation for the people. This ceremony typified that Christ, the true Priest, should once die for us, to obtain for us the true atonement. But the former sacrifice, having to be repeated every year, was but a temporary and imperfect atonement....it did not eternally suffice, as does the atonement of Christ. For though we - Believers in the High Priest Christ, fall and sin repeatedly, we have confidence that the blood of Christ does not fall, or sin....it remains steadfast before God, and the expiation is perpetual and eternal. Under its sway, grace is perpetually renewed, without work or merit on our part, provided we do not stand aloof in unbelief.

You still have to come to the Holy Place.

Here are typified the two great gospel privileges, of the remission of sin, and access to God, both of which we owe to our Lord Jesus. See the expiation of guilt. Christ is both the Maker and the Matter of the atonement; for he is the Priest, the High Priest, that makes reconciliation for the sins of the people. And as Christ is the High Priest, so he is the Sacrifice with which atonement is made; for he is all in all in our reconciliation to God. Thus he was figured by the two goats. The slain goat was a type of Christ dying for our sins; the scape-goat a type of Christ rising again for our justification.

The atonement is said to be completed by putting the sins of Israel upon the head of the goat, which was sent away into a wilderness, a land not inhabited; and the sending away of the goat represented the free and full remission of their sins. He shall bear upon him all their iniquities. Thus Christ, the Lamb of God, takes away the sin of the world, by taking it upon himself, John 1:29. The entrance into heaven, which Christ made for us, was typified by the high priest's entrance into the most holy place. See Heb 9:7

The high priest was to come out again; but our Lord Jesus ever lives, making intercession, and always appears in the presence of God for us. Here are typified the two great gospel duties of faith and repentance. By faith we put our hands upon the head of the offering; relying on Christ as the Lord our Righteousness, pleading his satisfaction, as that which alone is able to atone for our sins, and procure us a pardon. By repentance we afflict our souls; not only fasting for a time from the delights of the body, but inwardly sorrowing for sin, and living a life of self-denial, assuring ourselves, that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

By the atonement we obtain rest for our souls, and all the glorious liberties of the children of God. Sinner, get the blood of Christ effectually applied to thy soul, or else thou canst never look God in the face with any comfort or acceptance. Take this blood of Christ, apply it by faith, and see how it atones with God.

Matthew Henry

Quote:
What i was saying by the verses from Leviticus was that it was not the children of Israel confessing their sins but the Priest himself . If the confession of the High Priest gave forgiveness of sins to the children of Israel, how much will the sacrifice of the the Great High Priest Himself He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.
Offered.....not imposed automatic salvation.
You must take that offering....here is where all of you error greatly.
The scriptures go into great detail, especially regarding sin offering of Christ, in that it is a offering, and must be acknowledged for salvation.
Must be believed, must be confessed to.
Universalists deny this. You are still dead in your sins if you do not believe. The scriptures are clear about this.
Christ said it, Paul said it, John said it, and God said it.

I rest my case with your premise.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:38 PM

30,290 posts, read 20,031,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
He became sin.
My apologies , it should read He sacrificed Himself . Yes He became sin who knew no sin that we may become the righteousness of God in Him.

The point in my post was if the confession of the high priest gave forgiveness of sins for the children of Israel , how much more will/does the priest after the order of Melchizedek His sacrifice of Himself.

Remember it was not the children of Israel confessing their sin it was the High priest confessing their sin onto the goat by the laying on of his hands on the goat.

For the record i believe in confession in Jesus as Lord .

Old 06-21-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
For the record i believe in confession in Jesus as Lord .
Then we agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or