U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,290,245 times
Reputation: 420

Advertisements

Some say that we don't need to confess our sins for them to be forgiven.

God has given his testimony to the continued sin and sinfulness of the world, by providing a sufficient effectual sacrifice for sin, that will be needed in all ages, and to the continued sinfulness of believers themselves by requiring them continually to confess their sins, and apply themselves by faith to the blood of that sacrifice.

Heb 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The perfect efficacy of the priesthood of Christ has delivered and will continue to perfectly deliver those that are brought over to Him, from all the guilt, power, and punishment of sin, putting them into the sure possession of perfect holiness, sanctification and justified sinlessness. This is what the Levitical priesthood could never do.....and, if we indeed are aiming at a perfect state, we must receive the Lord Jesus as the only high priest that can bring us to that state, personally and from the heart.

The last enemy, death, the result of the power of sin, is Christ's final victor, in which that enemy, held the righteous saints captive, backed by the Levitical priesthood of the Old Covenant, the Covenant of Death. Christ came here, in person, to fulfill what God had promised those that followed Him, searched Him, and kept His commandments.....loved Him.

Isa 61:1 ...he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;

Luke 4:21 This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Salvation from the power of death is precisely what salvation is.
Salvation is being saved from death, and given....life.

The ONLY possibility of having any kind of victory over Death is from Christ, and in Christ we must be, so that it's sting, is forever defeated.

1 Cor 15: 57

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

God is faithful to His covenant and word, where he had promised forgiveness to believing confessors of Christ. He is just to Himself and His glory who has provided such a sacrifice, by which His righteousness is declared in the justification of sinners. He is just to His Son who has not only sent Him for such service, but promised to Him that those who come through Him shall be forgiven on His account.

By his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many - Isa. 53:11

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation


From your heart, while you are awake, and not as the universalist condones.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Some say that we don't need to confess our sins for them to be forgiven.

God has given his testimony to the continued sin and sinfulness of the world, by providing a sufficient effectual sacrifice for sin, that will be needed in all ages, and to the continued sinfulness of believers themselves by requiring them continually to confess their sins, and apply themselves by faith to the blood of that sacrifice.

Heb 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The perfect efficacy of the priesthood of Christ has delivered and will continue to perfectly deliver those that are brought over to Him, from all the guilt, power, and punishment of sin, putting them into the sure possession of perfect holiness, sanctification and justified sinlessness. This is what the Levitical priesthood could never do.....and, if we indeed are aiming at a perfect state, we must receive the Lord Jesus as the only high priest that can bring us to that state, personally and from the heart.

The last enemy, death, the result of the power of sin, is Christ's final victor, in which that enemy, held the righteous saints captive, backed by the Levitical priesthood of the Old Covenant, the Covenant of Death. Christ came here, in person, to fulfill what God had promised those that followed Him, searched Him, and kept His commandments.....loved Him.

Isa 61:1 ...he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;

Luke 4:21 This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Salvation from the power of death is precisely what salvation is.
Salvation is being saved from death, and given....life.

The ONLY possibility of having any kind of victory over Death is from Christ, and in Christ we must be, so that it's sting, is forever defeated.

1 Cor 15: 57

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

God is faithful to His covenant and word, where he had promised forgiveness to believing confessors of Christ. He is just to Himself and His glory who has provided such a sacrifice, by which His righteousness is declared in the justification of sinners. He is just to His Son who has not only sent Him for such service, but promised to Him that those who come through Him shall be forgiven on His account.

By his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many - Isa. 53:11

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation


From your heart, while you are awake, and not as the universalist condones.
Again, strawman ... Christian Universalism teaches what the scriptures teach, that in the fullness of times, all creation will confess unto God, and all will be forgiven.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,290,245 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Again, strawman ... Christian Universalism teaches what the scriptures teach, that in the fullness of times, all creation will confess unto God, and all will be forgiven.
Prove it Ironmaw, instead of imposing your thoughts onto what is evident.
It appears this Universalist, denies the scripture, and provides nothing.

Strawman on you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 04:17 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,561,355 times
Reputation: 4461
Just thought I'd mention that there's a major difference between "forgiven" and "cleansed", or "purified". The work of righteousness is a transformation from one nature to Another.

That's where the fire comes in.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,290,245 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Just thought I'd mention that there's a major difference between "forgiven" and "cleansed", or "purified".
Provide your explanation.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 04:40 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Prove it Ironmaw, instead of imposing your thoughts onto what is evident.
It appears this Universalist, denies the scripture, and provides nothing.

Strawman on you.

Prove it?

I have done so many times and you refuse to accept it. But for the sake of others i will do it again ...



Rom 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

1Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.



Phl 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.




It is obvious that you hope most will not be saved. You have faith in the doctrine of the failure of Christ over most of Creation and the victory of sin over most of Creation. If you have faith in the doctrine of ET, you hope that it is true, plain and simple. So you cannot comprehend the truth of these things yet. One day you will just like everyone else.


Resistance is futile ...



Nemaste ...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,290,245 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Prove it?

I have done so many times and you refuse to accept it. But for the sake of others i will do it again ...
For the record, anytime you rebut something, since we are talking of the faith, the contention should be welcomed by you, yet you angrily proceed...why?

Quote:
Rom 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Isa 45 - Israel

In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Quote:
1Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Proves my point...confession is needed for the forgiveness of sins.
How does this prove yours?

Quote:
Phl 2:11
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Again - Israel - Isa 45 - Jew and Gentile - Rom 11 - the many....Isa 51.

Quote:
Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
You have done nothing here except prove that this confession is solely for those in the covenant, Israel, Jew and Gentile.

Quote:
It is obvious that you hope most will not be saved.
How, by proclaiming that confession provides salvation? You seem to be having trouble again discerning themes, imposing your own with no ground whatsoever.

Quote:
You have faith in the doctrine of the failure of Christ over most of Creation and the victory of sin over most of Creation.
I have faith that Christ defeated death for those who were held captive by it, who were righteous and believed.
You have faith that Christ will renege that offering.

Quote:
Resistance is futile ...
Come down from your spaceship......Borg!
It appears you want to assimilate everyone...now we see the real agenda.

Quote:
Nemaste ...
So you are a Hindu too?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,561,355 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Provide your explanation.
Quote:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:19)
Two different occurrences.

Quote:
He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: (Phil 1:16)
A process...

Quote:
If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (Mat 16:24)
Denial from the nature we are born with.

Quote:
He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire. (Luke 3:16)
Fire: the element with which to burn out the aforementioned fleshly nature,
Quote:
Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized. (Mark 10:39)
Crucifixion: putting to death the carnal nature - it must be done in order to be raised with a new nature, or as Paul put it:

Quote:
Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die. (1 Cor 15:36)
Foretelling His journey and ours, Jesus said:

Quote:
Except a grain of wheat fall to the ground and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. (John 12:24)
Because God's plan is to use those who are transformed into His nature, the harvest will be brought in by the sons:

Quote:
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. (Rom 8:19)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Reputation: 892
[quote=sciotamicks;14660963]
Quote:
For the record, anytime you rebut something, since we are talking of the faith, the contention should be welcomed by you, yet you angrily proceed...why?
Im am not angry ... Not in the slightest. Why should ignorance concerning the truth of Gods plan and purpose for the ages anger me? If anything it saddens me.



Quote:
Isa 45 - Israel

In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.



Proves my point...confession is needed for the forgiveness of sins.
How does this prove yours?
Every tongue will confess to God, and every one that confesses shall be forgiven. The fact that you cannot see how it proves my point is only further evidence of your own blindness ...


Quote:
Again - Israel - Isa 45 - Jew and Gentile - Rom 11 - the many....Isa 51.



You have done nothing here except prove that this confession is solely for those in the covenant, Israel, Jew and Gentile.
Eventually everyone will be a part of the covenant, because everyone will confess.



Quote:
How, by proclaiming that confession provides salvation? You seem to be having trouble again discerning themes, imposing your own with no ground whatsoever.
I never said confession provides salvation. On the contrary, confession is only a part of the process of salvation. It is God who works within us to will and do his good pleasure, it is he who convicts us by his spirit to confession after he has renewed our minds and caused us to be born again of the spirit. And in order to confess, one must be born of the spirit. No one can confess Christ is lord but by the spirit, thus eventually everyone will be born of the spirit and will confess ...


Quote:
I have faith that Christ defeated death for those who were held captive by it, who were righteous and believed.
You have faith that Christ will renege that offering.
None are righteous, none seek after God, none do Good ... You think more highly of yourself than you ought to ...

Rom 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:


Christ did not come for the righteous, he came for the sinners.


Mat 9:13
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.


I have faith that Christ will fulfill his promise, which is to forgive and justify the ungodly. His promise to make all things new, and draw ALL people unto himself ...


Rev 21:5
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Jhn 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.


Quote:
Come down from your spaceship......Borg!
It appears you want to assimilate everyone...now we see the real agenda.
Of course, Christ will subject all things to himself. That is assimilation, and the making of all things to come together in one in him ...



Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him



Quote:
So you are a Hindu too?
No i am not Hindu, but i have studied it and i like the concept behind the word.


The spirit in me recognizes the spirit in you ... That is what Nemaste means ...




Nemaste ...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,290,245 times
Reputation: 420
[quote=Ironmaw1776;14661393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

Every tongue will confess to God, and every one that confesses shall be forgiven. The fact that you cannot see how it proves my point is only further evidence of your own blindness ...
You prove nothing, but your inability to discern just what this scripture is directed at. Already been proven that it deal only with Israel.

Isaiah did that, where Paul derived it from.

Quote:
I never said confession provides salvation. On the contrary, confession is only a part of the process of salvation. It is God who works within us to will and do his good pleasure, it is he who convicts us by his spirit to confession after he has renewed our minds and caused us to be born again of the spirit. And in order to confess, one must be born of the spirit. No one can confess Christ is lord but by the spirit, thus eventually everyone will be born of the spirit and will confess ...
Salvation is provided upon confession.

Quote:
None are righteous, none seek after God, none do Good ... You think more highly of yourself than you ought to ...
When did I say this?
Again, you put words where none are spoken.
Your tactic is predictable again.

Quote:
Christ did not come for the righteous, he came for the sinners.
And He came to fulfill the Law....not to destroy it.

This requires confession which leads to salvation.
Would you like a refresher on the law of confession?

Quote:
Of course, Christ will subject all things to himself. That is assimilation, and the making of all things to come together in one in him ...
Which kingdom in 1 Cor 15, is Christ delivering to God?

Quote:
Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him
This deals with the above question as well...whose dispensation and which fulness?

Quote:
No i am not Hindu, but i have studied it and i like the concept behind the word.
Figures....

Quote:
The spirit in me recognizes the spirit in you ... That is what Nemaste means ...
Ditto.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top