Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
My feeling is this pcamps, this Truth that we believe in about Universal Salvation is more precious than Gold, so why throw it to those that shall trample upon it as if it was worse than dirt. We need to constantly remind each other on how we should treat the dissemination of this great gift.
I'm with ya' trettep. Look what's happening already with this thread.

Didn't Christ state in Matthew 10:14 -> "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet."

I think in our case, we need to shake the dust from our keyboards instead but you get the gist.

Yes, it will only be by delivering them over to satan like you said..OR..the Holy Spirit moving someone who's heart isn't as hard as granite.

Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Your answer is not relevant to the question: why would God give someone 10 years to choose Christ (or less) and another person 100-plus years.
The answer is that God does not "give people enough time to answer."
God is not calling all people right now. He is calling out a people for His name's sake. These will be Sons who will lead the rest back into the fold.

This is part of the reason you aren't able to convert sinners. They see the arrogance in your statements that "you chose Christ" when in fact you were not able to choose a fig tree to sit under.
GOD does the choosing, and it is HE who gets the glory.
Those who say that they "chose Christ" are glorying in themselves, and the world knows this. THIS is why Christians are so often seen as self-righteous.

The world KNOWS that we have no righteousness in ourselves, and yet they see very clearly the self-righteousness of those who declare that they have "made the right decision," as if they are their own saviors.

I know you will not agree with this, and I know you cannot even understand it. God made you the way you are, and I accept you nonetheless.
In fact, I accept all people, because God made all things to praise His Name.
I will stand hard against the demon of self-righteousness that I see in the church, yet I know that God is working all things to His design.

Many blessings to you,
brian

YOU SAID: This is part of the reason you aren't able to convert sinners. They see the arrogance in your statements that "you chose Christ" when in fact you were not able to choose a fig tree to sit under. GOD does the choosing, and it is HE who gets the glory. Those who say that they "chose Christ" are glorying in themselves, and the world knows this. THIS is why Christians are so often seen as self-righteous.

BETSEY SAYS:

1. I'm not a converter of sinners. It's a job too big for me! That position is reserved to the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit alone.

Statements such as: "you chose Christ" is NOT in the above statement of mines that you've "quoted". Go back and re-read what I said. No never mind, I'll say it again....here goes: He does the "drawing, the "pulling", the "tugging"...........we do the answering: Say yes!! TODAY! You understand now what it is I said? HE DOES THE "DRAWING", THE "PULLING", THE" "TUGGING", of the hearts. We do the ANSWERING! You understand?

. AGREED!!(SAY YES!!) YOU'RE RIGHT!!

4. Again...see statement # 2.

J
udging....again see the position of the Holy Spirit..... Amen?

Color coded, so that you don't twist my words again.

Betsey

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 06-22-2010 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: typo's, commas, etc...

Old 06-22-2010, 12:38 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Hi Betsey!
I LOVE the color coding! I'd like to do it too, just that I'm a bit lazy.. But it's nice on the eyes!

Well, I think we agree more than you think we do. I agree that the Holy Spirit must woo the individual, and although we do in some way respond, I think it's more similar to Saul's "who art thou, Lord??"-type of response, not a "well, I sat down and made some calculations, and came up with the conclusion that it's better to follow Jesus Christ"-type response.
Unfortunately, many many Christians are so PROUD of "their" decision to "accept Christ." I don't know if you see the subtlety of this attitude, but it declares a type of pride. I know it well because I got sucked into it for a number of years, perhaps unconsciously. The result is that we start to believe that we "got our act together" while other people are just plain idiots for not doing so like we have. And this, I believe, is another work of the flesh/devil/son of perdition in man.
I don't believe the world is guilty of "judging" Christians, they are simply perceiving the arrogance of the "self-made Christian."
I can tell you without lying that I would not be here today if it were not for God intervening in my life.
That's why I asked you before (I know why you didn't answer) what the purpose of praying is, if man must be "free to choose Christ." It's obvious that it is God who does the work, choosing some, not choosing others at this hour.
We cannot obviously be praying for others if God somehow had His "hands tied" from saving. The saving work is His, and who is saved now if for Him to decide, just as the Jews are not being saved (for the most part) right now, either. They will be brought in later. All part of His plan...

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-22-2010, 12:48 PM

702 posts, read 961,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Jremy I wish I could rep you again. Keep preaching the truth! Great job!
Thanks!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:05 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

Didn't Christ state in Matthew 10:14 -> "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet."

I think in our case, we need to shake the dust from our keyboards instead but you get the gist.

Yes, it will only be by delivering them over to satan like you said..OR..the Holy Spirit moving someone who's heart isn't as hard as granite.

Amen.
NO!! You want a platform to spread more of your lies, NOT MOVING!! Somebody out there still want to hear the truth of Jesus Christ without all the additives and preservatives thrown in! I'M STANDING GRUND!! You move over Satan!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:14 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
NO!! You want a platform to spread more of your lies, NOT MOVING!! Somebody out there still want to hear the truth of Jesus Christ without all the additives and preservatives thrown in! I'M STANDING GRUND!! You move over Satan!
Amen Betsey! They've got it all turned upside down! The Truth is wrong, but their "truth" is right. Satan is deceiving many! They try to use scripture to prove that the righteous are evil. It's sick! It's Satan's doing!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:

Amen.

The issue is concerning the time spent with an individual when it comes to casting perls and such. Posting in these forums and getting replies that are of a disagreeable nature is just a result of posting in a forum.

There are plenty of people who read and never post or respond that makes it good reason to continue.

I for one will continue to share.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:

Amen.
Christ is not talking to universalists! He is talking to his disciples. The righteous!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Christ is not talking to universalists! He is talking to his disciples. The righteous!

Amen, a label doesn't mean anything. Jesus Christ is my saviour, he is yours too and everyones, and He is good at what he does.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:22 PM

edited, double post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity