U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:16 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,112,946 times

Advertisements

Thanks just read your About Me, I homeschool 2!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,387,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Thanks just read your About Me, I homeschool 2!!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 01:27 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,692,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
My love, just pray for our unbelieving brothers. I rather they receive your efforts. Thank you cantwait2leave. May God have Mercy on them as He is having on us. But only pray that God should reveal Himself to them in His due time. Remember, that there misfortune is part of God's plan to bring us all to understand the fallacy of "free will".
You misunderstood me. I absolutely don't believe in UR. I will be praying for you and my heart cries for you because you've got everything turned upside down. It truly, truly saddens me that you are leading others into destruction. Their blood will be on your hands. This is so serious which is why my heart cries and I will be praying fervently.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,119,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You misunderstood me. I absolutely don't believe in UR. I will be praying for you and my heart cries for you because you've got everything turned upside down. It truly, truly saddens me that you are leading others into destruction. Their blood will be on your hands. This is so serious which is why my heart cries and I will be praying fervently.
CantWait2Leave,
Please forgive my ignorance..
How can you pray for someone to change, if it's true that God cannot interfere with man's free will? What's the point in your praying?
If you pray, then you expect God to "change" something in someone, even without their "willing it," right?

Please kindly explain.

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 06-19-2010, 04:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,119,569 times
As per this thread,
(hey all, I'm in a different time zone, so the discussion gets good when I'm asleep! NOT fair!)

I wanted to say that I have grown in important ways since being here at CD.
For example, I believe the Lord is now helping me to understand that man has little or no say in his own salvation, just like Saul, who, in front of GOD, could not help but say, "who art thou, LORD?"
I am convinced that all people will be "awaken" in their own time. When we see Him, we will be changed! Hallelujah!

My love to ALL here,
brian

Old 06-19-2010, 06:36 AM

30,296 posts, read 20,040,776 times
trettep i hear you.I should have added in my post that because of Mikes response this is why you OP should be heeded

Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,639,200 times
Quote:
"Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).

Everlasting Fire . . . . for those eternally lost . . . everlasting is forever.
Lifesigns, if you ask many universalists they will point out that we don't believe the word everlasting should be interpreted from aionios or at least that aionios should not carry the meaning of "eternal" or anything connected with the meaning of eternal.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
"the wages of sin is death , ,. , if the wages of sin is death . . then . . .
Lifesigns the wages of sin is death. But recall what death is. It is only the retraction of life. Think of a light shining in darkness. If you remove the light then darkness is the place where the light was. It is similiar with death - remove the life and you have death. So how can death be destroyed? - by giving life and never retracting it again. The scriptures speak of death itself being destroyed that would mean there cannot be anyone that is DEAD any longer.

So the wages of sin bring on death but remember that the very purpose that Christ was sent was to destroy sin. So if sin gets destroyed there can no longer eventually be sinners.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:22 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,417,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Lifesigns the wages of sin is death. But recall what death is. It is only the retraction of life. Think of a light shining in darkness. If you remove the light then darkness is the place where the light was. It is similiar with death - remove the life and you have death. So how can death be destroyed? - by giving life and never retracting it again. The scriptures speak of death itself being destroyed that would mean there cannot be anyone that is DEAD any longer.

So the wages of sin bring on death but remember that the very purpose that Christ was sent was to destroy sin. So if sin gets destroyed there can no longer eventually be sinners.
Amen. Sin and death are both destroyed.

This in itself defeats annihilation - for if death is destroyed, no one is dead any more. All must be made alive in order for death to be destroyed. And scripture confirms exactly that.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Oh, sorry about that misunderstanding CantWait2Leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity