U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 08:25 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,640,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
As per this thread,
(hey all, I'm in a different time zone, so the discussion gets good when I'm asleep! NOT fair!)

I wanted to say that I have grown in important ways since being here at CD.
For example, I believe the Lord is now helping me to understand that man has little or no say in his own salvation, just like Saul, who, in front of GOD, could not help but say, "who art thou, LORD?"
I am convinced that all people will be "awaken" in their own time. When we see Him, we will be changed! Hallelujah!

My love to ALL here,
brian
That is wonderful to hear ahigherway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
trettep i hear you.I should have added in my post that because of Mikes response this is why you OP should be heeded
My feeling is this pcamps, this Truth that we believe in about Universal Salvation is more precious than Gold, so why throw it to those that shall trample upon it as if it was worse than dirt. We need to constantly remind each other on how we should treat the dissemination of this great gift.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:34 PM

30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
My feeling is this pcamps, this Truth that we believe in about Universal Salvation is more precious than Gold, so why throw it to those that shall trample upon it as if it was worse than dirt. We need to constantly remind each other on how we should treat the dissemination of this great gift.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:50 PM

37,644 posts, read 25,331,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You misunderstood me. I absolutely don't believe in UR. I will be praying for you and my heart cries for you because you've got everything turned upside down. It truly, truly saddens me that you are leading others into destruction. Their blood will be on your hands. This is so serious which is why my heart cries and I will be praying fervently.
How are we leading anyone into destruction by proclaiming the Good News that Jesus has saved us all from sin and death . . . and we just need to "Love God and each other" to produce enough"gold, silver, and precious metals" instead of "hay, stubble, and wood, etc." to withstand the refining fire of God.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM

823 posts, read 1,083,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How are we leading anyone into destruction by proclaiming the Good News that Jesus has saved us all from sin and death . . . and we just need to "Love God and each other" to produce enough"gold, silver, and precious metals" instead of "hay, stubble, and wood, etc." to withstand the refining fire of God.
Don't you think that is why Jesus told us to FOCUS on this ? Because it works that's why

Old 06-20-2010, 07:13 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,056,890 times
Quote:
Actually we do pneuma. If we have the heart then we know the heart. Ilene has the heart pneuma. Ilene may not even be aware of how much God is loving her right now but I have been made aware of how much God loves her right now. God knows she is a babe. But she is being led now by that core of this glorious gospel and she delights in it. This is evidenced in her. And that evidence is not of man but of Christ Jesus our Lord. So she is desiring but remember pneuma there is so many here that do NOT desire this wonderful news but rather oppose it. They have not been given the heart. Let them be turned over to Satan for the destruction that is necessary that they may be humbled.
So God never loved Ilene before..... ?
Yet, He does now because of universalism .... Such contradiction of this false god of universalism!!!

I believe with all my heart God will bring Ilene back from her captivity to His Truth !!
Watch..... the salvation of the Lord !

You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, who is with you !! (II Chron. 20:17)

This in her life is going to bring great glory to our God and when He brings her back from this captivity she will be stronger than before.

My God never fails and always answers the prayers of His people

Ps.37:23-24
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

AMEN.....

Old 06-20-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Actually we do pneuma. If we have the heart then we know the heart. Ilene has the heart pneuma. Ilene may not even be aware of how much God is loving her right now but I have been made aware of how much God loves her right now. God knows she is a babe. But she is being led now by that core of this glorious gospel and she delights in it. This is evidenced in her. And that evidence is not of man but of Christ Jesus our Lord. So she is desiring but remember pneuma there is so many here that do NOT desire this wonderful news but rather oppose it. They have not been given the heart. Let them be turned over to Satan for the destruction that is necessary that they may be humbled.
Just to clarify so that someone else doesn't introduce a strawman. When I spoke of "Ilene may not even be aware of how much God s loving her right now" this is just a reference to the AWARENESS. God loves us all and if He indeed loves us ALL - then surely that love for EACH of us will not have been in vain.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Just to clarify so that someone else doesn't introduce a strawman. When I spoke of "Ilene may not even be aware of how much God s loving her right now" this is just a reference to the AWARENESS. God loves us all and if He indeed loves us ALL - then surely that love for EACH of us will not have been in vain.

God's "LOVE" is never in vain..... period !!!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Consider for a moment of what goes on in many of these UR vs ET threads. The ETers will hurl argumentative insults towards the glorious gospel of God revolving around the Universal Saving power of God in order to gain a nugget of Truth. Essentially the UR is being baited with a rebellious arrogant attitude and gets rewarded with GOLD in the form of the TRUTHful comments that URs provide. Please cease from this. If a ETer wants the Truth don't reward the combative carnal nature with the Gold such that it gets treated as dung. But rather reward the seeker that desires the Truth with such Gold. Stop pandering to the unbeliever as if they will believe. God must FIRST give the heart. If the heart is not there then don't throw the Truth at a decieved heart. Giving the Truth to such a carnal nature is just to give the carnal nature power.

I hope this is understood. We must love our enemies and those that oppose UR but as brothers knowing that they are just deceived and not givin the heart. Once the heart desires then reveal, that is the sign that God has given a new heart.

In love of my brethren in Christ,

Paul
This is truly an answer to prayer.... to stop the mouth of the god of universalism.
The god of universalism has brought such a darkness, false truths, complete heresis to this place.

I knew the Lord would eventually anwser the cry of the heart of many who are praying.
Praise the Lord our God !!!
After seveal year's many praying for this idolatry, false teaching to cease, God is answering prayer !!

The god of universalism will continue being destroyed by and through the power of the Cross of Jesus Christ !!! Hallelujah !

God has spoken...... and the god of universalism will cease from speaking his lies and opposing God's known will.

Though the thoughts of those who follow the god of universalism, making the proclamation in the post above, that it is of their own wisdom, it is God who is stopping this idolatry, heresy of His precious word !!

Thank you, Jesus, who is Faithful and True !!

James 5:16
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,380,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Amen. Sin and death are both destroyed.

This in itself defeats annihilation - for if death is destroyed, no one is dead any more. All must be made alive in order for death to be destroyed. And scripture confirms exactly that.
Yea,,,,,right.

Let me ask you a question. How is sin destroyed?

I read in 1st John 3:8 this passage:

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Does this mean sin is destroyed, or the devil's work?

So let us go to the 'end' of the Bible:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which IS the second death.

Is this the implication that only the 'sin' is destroyed? That the sin itself is burned away? How is this done? A great cosmic lobotomy?

I read this passage, even to the Greek. Their "part" in the fire, is that which is of the WHOLE. Well, the WHOLE of WHAT exactly?

"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Yep, that WHOLE which mankind has a "part" of UNLESS:

But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods.

Further down:

My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in youó

So, either a slave to sin, or free in Christ. Either a son(adopted by God), or a son of the devil. Either you have life, or you don't. It truly is one or the other, with NO EXCEPTIONS.

Jesus said:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death."

So does this mean we won't die? Think about it. HARD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity