U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,687,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. It is those who promote universal salvation that pervert the Gospel. Whether you realize it or not, you are promoting the lies of Satan and promoting a false sense of security to those who are lost.

Many of those who promote universal salvation are not even saved and are going to spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Those of you who will not come to a knowledge of the truth will have to learn the hard way, after it is too late to do you any good. Many of you are going to spend eternity in the eternal fire regreting your rejection of the truth. But it is your own fault and there will be no one to blame but yourselves.

Wow, what dung.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 12:05 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,444,528 times
Praise the Lord. The truth keeps marching on. I am happy!! I am free,

Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,291,089 times
The basic fundamental of the faith is the covenant between God and man, and that is through Christ. One must believe in Christ in order to be saved from spritual death and separation. These are basic principles of the scripture. Depart from that, you depart from the faith.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:50 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,291,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Wow, what dung.
hmmm...again...you are singled out for implied profanity towards another Christian. Maybe a re-read of the OP might refresh your memory?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
hmmm...again...you are singled out for implied profanity towards another Christian. Maybe a re-read of the OP might refresh your memory?

I am not responsible for what you invent in your mind.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:59 PM

20,322 posts, read 15,670,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Being tormented day and night for ever and ever in a lake of fire and brimstone...Mike555... we never made any false assumptions contrary to God's written word...yeah, God does not take pleasure in the death of an evil witness, neither does he take pleasure in those who spend His time justifying their judgmental attitude toward those who dying, will die. If you perceive yourself to be one of those two witnesses as it is written of, then show yourself openly styled after the manner of two who warn unbelieving people from our God who is a consuming fire...otherwise, as Jesus declared to those sons of thunder, "You know not what spirit you are of." Forsake wrath our friend, and The Eternal bring you joy.
I make no justifications. I simply state that all who die without Christ are going to spend eternity in the lake of fire. And there are many on this forum, and in this country as a whole, who are merely professing Christians, but they are not saved. If they do not come to know Christ before they die, then they are eternally lost. This is scripturally correct and not in the least bit judgmental. Many of you universalists have never understood the issue in salvation, and if you die without coming to your senses concerning the truth, then the consequences are on your heads. I tell it like it is. Your approval is not required or sought after.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The truth on the Gospel has been presented to the URs and they willingly and knowingly continue to reject it. It is not for me to judge them. One day they will answer to God for their actions, and god will judge them.

The truth of the Gospel has been presented to the et'ers, they willingly and knowingly continue to reject it. It is not for me to judge them.

One day, they will see the glorious father and they will be embraced and we will rejoice and feast as they return like prodigal sons.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:08 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,688,732 times
Quote:
I am not responsible for what you invent in your mind.
You are obsessed with talking about love, but I don't see it in your posts. Universalists are such hypocrites.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You are obsessed with talking about love, but I don't see it in your posts. Universalists are such hypocrites.

I've never pretended that I am capable of loving like God. but I know what Gods love will one day do for everyone, so get over it and take it up with God, for it is HE, NOT YOU that I will face one day and of that I am quite GLAD.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,688,732 times
Quote:
I've never pretended that I am capable of loving like God. but I know what Gods love will one day do for everyone, so get over it and take it up with God, for it is HE, NOT YOU that I will face one day and of that I am quite GLAD.
Universalists say that once they received the "truth", they were filled with so much love. Where is this love? I don't see it in your posts or their posts. If you want people to believe what you say, you need to practice what you preach. You are absolutely correct that you will face God one day and He will judge you for deliberately rejecting the Truth shown to you. It won't be pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity