U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:15 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times

Advertisements

I was reading a post where someone said, "God is love; but God has to judge others according to His Law."
Amen!
What is the Law of God? What is the Law that God requires of us?
- Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
- Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
- For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

God is holy. "Be ye holy, for I am holy." How do we become holy? We can't!
But when the Lord begins to draw you into His presence, you will see yourself changed, friends! God saves, and will save.

Saul fell to the ground, "who art thou, LORD?" Saul was already calling Jesus LORD, and didn't even know His name!
Yes, every knee shall bow. Praise God! When we leave this realm, we shall see the Lord God in all His glory, and we shall all be changed, just as Saul was changed.

Blessings to all,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 03:30 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I was reading a post where someone said, "God is love; but God has to judge others according to His Law."
Amen!
- Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
- Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
- For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
- If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

But when the Lord begins to draw you into His presence, you will see yourself changed, friends! God saves, and will save.

Saul fell to the ground, "who art thou, LORD?" Saul was already calling Jesus LORD, and didn't even know His name!
Yes, every knee shall bow. Praise God! When we leave this realm, we shall see the Lord God in all His glory, and we shall all be changed, just as Saul was
changed.

Blessings to all,
brian
I surely HOPE so!!

Old 06-20-2010, 04:17 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Quote:
Who are we to believe, man or God ??? .....

Psalm 89:5
The heavens will praise Your wonders, O LORD;Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the holy ones.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

1 Peter 1:15-16
15. but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
16. because it is written, " YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

2 Peter 3:11
Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

Ephesians 1:4
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him In love

Colossians 1:22
yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach--

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,

Romans 12:1
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Jude 1:14
It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, " Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones,

Revelation 22:11
" Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

Old 06-20-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
16. because it is written, " YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
Hi Latte'Chic!
Yes, we become holy because of what HE is doing in us. We of ourselves can do nothing.
We are transformed by beholding Him. Everything else we do to "be holy" is flesh.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-20-2010, 04:55 AM

7,859 posts, read 6,664,436 times
In Matthew 22:37-40....``Thou shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with your soul and with all your mind...... This is the first of the great commandment........and the second is like unto it, Thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself,.... on these two commandments hang the LAW AND THE PROPHETS````..... Which is the Law of Love and believers who continually hear from God the Prophets law , or any other gift of Holy Spirit where Jesus is working which is all the Gifts of Holy Spirit....So what law are we no longer under in this New Covenant? This the legalism that subtitutes faith in the move of God...

Old 06-20-2010, 05:31 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,628,309 times
Quote:
Hi Latte'Chic!
Yes, we become holy because of what HE is doing in us. We of ourselves can do nothing.
We are transformed by beholding Him. Everything else we do to "be holy" is flesh.

Blessings,
brian
What do you mean by "we are transformed by beholding Him"?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:38 AM

In prayer, we behold Him. As we communion with Him in our hearts, He transforms us to His likeness. Some have closer communion that others, but we all have permission to enter the holy of holies. We hear Him, and we behold Him sometimes, too. And the joy it brings to the heart is unspeakable!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-20-2010, 06:54 AM

139 posts, read 165,589 times
Hi brian,
I hope u are doing well today

i agree that only god has the power to make us new/holy as he is.
but don't we still have to follow him and turn from the world?

Jeremiah 7:23
[SIZE=4]'Listen to and obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people; and walk completely in the ways that I command you, so that it may be well to you.[/SIZE]

i believe i takes obedience on our part we must choose to follow him completely and turn from the world therefore killing the carnal mind in us and becoming in union with god.
only he can show us the way.. we cannot show ourselves.. but we must choose to follow.

when we are completely out of the world/dead and buried our carnal "self" is when we are fully led by the spirit and no longer require any of our works for it is no longer us but christ within us.
this is just my experience on my journey with the lord so far

have a blessed day

Old 06-20-2010, 06:56 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,234,778 times
Quote:
Amen!

God is holy. "Be ye holy, for I am holy."<<<<!!!!!!>>>>GOD'S TRUTH! How do we become holy?<<<<!!!!!!>>>>AN UNBELIEVER'S QUESTION! We can't!<<<<!!!!!!>>>>>TWISTED SCRIPTURE!

Yes, every knee shall bow. Praise God! When we leave this realm, we shall see the Lord God in all His glory, and we shall all be changed, just as Saul was changed.

Blessings to all,
brian
...yea...you just keep telling yourself that...o.k...?

...but I ask that anyone reading this who is seeking the heart of God and His truth...DO NOT believe this perverted lie.

To those of you who are babes in Christ, who are just beginning to seek God's truth...You are more than likely in a place where you really do not know the Word of God well enough to discern a lie when you read it, as it is twisted and mangled within the Truth...but so much has been added to it to make it say what the unbeliever wants it to say...in which none of it can be proved within Scripture...none of it. Oh, they will quote scripture all right, but it is out of context, it totally contradicts God's meaning of His Word. God's Word does not contradict Himself...and He said, "If you love me, keep my commandments"...and He said, "Those who say they love me and know me, and keepeth not my commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him."...and He said, "I hate worker's of iniquity."...and He said, "I will not allow sin into heaven." Pretty clear cut.

You will notice, they (the unbeliever's) will say, "...all will see their salvation, no matter if they lived a life of sin or not...that all will have a second chance AFTER they die to receive their salvation..." I say this to you...DO NOT!...again, DO NOT! believe a word of it...because if you do, you will find yourself right where those who proclaim such lies will be...separated from God for all eternity. IT IS WRITTEN.

They will come back to try and tell you that "all" means all...and "eternal" does not mean eternal...and they'll go off on this tangent to explain aionios...or whatever the heck all THIS DUNG is...saying it just means no beginning or no ending...or whatever the heck all THAT DUNG is...no matter...it's ALL DUNG!!! It's Satan speaking!!!

Before you die, you MUST be born again. Which means you must be changed into the character of Christ...and on the Day of the LORD...Judgement Day, when you find yourself standing in front of our King, Jesus Christ, let Jesus find you able to stand there before Him with confidence...and not shame...confident that you know, that He knows, that you lived your life in complete obedience to His Ten Commandments. IT IS WRITTEN.

They (unbeliever's) do not like this truth...because they do not want to have to observe the 4th Commandment, to keep the Sabbath holy unto God. The seventh day, Saturday, is the Sabbath Day...not any other day. Man changed the day, not God...IT IS WRITTEN. You MUST keep all ten of the commandments...not adding to them, nor taking away from them...just keep them just like they are. IT IS WRITTEN.

You are not expected to be able to accomplish this at the moment you first recieve the LORD into your heart...and you are NOT born again at the moment you first receive the LORD into your heart neither, but you ARE saved at that point, if you received the LORD with a pure heart...and only He knows what state your heart was in on that day...or will be in when that wonderful day does occur. You see, there is a difference between being "saved" and receiving your "salvation"...two separate "things" altogether....and PLEASE understand this...you WILL NOT receive the gift of salvation if you die in your sins...you will not...IT IS WRITTEN.

There is a "process" of "...WORKING YOUR OWN SALVATION OUT with fear and trembling!"...growing and learning and maturing spiritually...falling...getting back up...brushing yourself off...and GOING FORWARD again and again. Through this process, you ARE NOT born again YET!...you haven't been truly changed into the character of Christ YET!...but that day will come...IF!...and I say again, IF! you allow the holy spirit to guide you and lead you in the "WAY", and in the "TRUTH", and in the "LIFE"...which is Jesus' way...into all truth...believing in His Word by faith...obedient faith, which teaches throughout the Bible to obey His commandments...all TEN of them...not nine, leaving out the Sabbath...the 4th Commandment...IT IS WRITTEN.

Do not believe a lie...live your life today as if today were the last day of your life...because you were not promised a tomorrow...and today could very well be your last day to decide who you will believe...man?...or God?...and if you do not know the heart of God and what His desire is for you...what His will is for you...get to seeking!!!...search with all of your heart for the truth! Your very life depends upon it.

In Christ's love..In His truth,
Verna.

Those that teach these lies, are running from Grace...please...run to Grace. God Bless you.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 06-20-2010 at 07:46 AM..

Old 06-20-2010, 11:07 AM

823 posts, read 1,081,202 times
Quote:
In prayer, we behold Him. As we communion with Him in our hearts, He transforms us to His likeness. Some have closer communion that others, but we all have permission to enter the holy of holies. We hear Him, and we behold Him sometimes, too. And the joy it brings to the heart is unspeakable!!

Blessings,
brian
Yes as we communion with Him with our Hearts....we receive his Love....and he always delivers!

The more we receive His Divine Love, the closer we will near God. Thus we find Jesus declaring, "I have come that they may have Life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

2 Peter 1:4 we hear Peter say so quite literally, that "ye might be partakers of the Divine nature." As it was also written in 1 John 4:13, "This is the proof that we remain in Him, and He in us, that He has given us a share in His Spirit." So beautiful is this. It says so, right there in plain sight, in 1 John 4:13 and 2 Peter 1:4, that we can all partake of His Love; and that we will palpably know it when He has "given us of His Spirit". It says so, right there in plain sight, in 1 John 4:13 and 2 Peter 1:4, that the Divine Love will make us at-One with God ("we remain in Him, and He in us").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or